Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 01:22 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The THJ signing was something they had to do. JB had not broken out yet and where else were you going to get scoring from if Luka was hurt or even in the game?  We can argue that they could have got someone better in FA, but chances are more likely they would have got someone worse than THJ. It sucks that THJ is struggling but at that time I dont see how they could have just let him walk.

Absolutely was not something they had to do. Majority did not want him back. I don't think the Mavs really wanted him back either, but they did it to operate over the cap and put him on that declining contract. Horrible deal all around. Probably based around being less than Duncan Robinson's even worse deal. Still bad GMing regardless giving out that much money to a heavily flawed player. I was pushing for overpaying Reggie Jackson a little bit to pry him away from the Clippers but not sure if that was possible given his loyalty to the team. They could have found something better than the THJ overpay though, I don't doubt that. I'd rather have tried to give Collins a max deal and see if ATL matched than to pay THJ that money.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by Jakeospikez - 11-28-2022, 04:05 PM