Poll: How would you grade this potential signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
11.11%
3 11.11%
B
25.93%
7 25.93%
C
37.04%
10 37.04%
D
11.11%
3 11.11%
F
0%
0 0%
L.O.L.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | his knee is "not good"
(11-28-2022, 10:42 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Feels like this team always realized it needed another creator and Kemba was always the target but to Dan's point they had just been playing chicken and the Facu signing was just letting the Pistons know they were happy to wait.

My question is why constantly say we don't need a creator?  What is the advantage of saying things that everyone and their sister can see is simply untrue?  You just look kind of silly.

Hopefully this works out and gets us back to the formula we had last year but Kemba has not played good basketball in a while.

I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt....but they have really given us no reason to do so with their past moves.   These decisions are typically graded in a vacuum, but they are very rarely black and white.  There are a lot of moving parts.  

i hope they knew their roster heading into the season had holes.   But they were counting on a productive Hardaway.   Was this the ideal setup?  nope.   But Hardaway needed minutes and so does Green.  When you account for this, there is really a tight fit for minutes.   I don't want to pile drive on Hardaway.   He was always going to be an awkward fit even if he played well.  But he really is a bottleneck things up on our roster especially if they couldn't move him.   If he played to his contract (very good bench scorer) things would look much better (not perfect) even with a slow starting Bullock, DFS and Maxi.

At least we didn't give up an asset for Kemba.   Credit for Detroit trying to play the Mavs for a sucker.   It has worked for other teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Kemba Walker to DAL | Facu waived - by Chicagojk - 11-28-2022, 11:12 AM