Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19: DAL (9-10) @ MIL (14-5) | 115-124 loss | Mavs lost 4 in a row
(11-27-2022, 08:57 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Well.. if this is true and the Mavs get someone underwhelming for Wood in a trade, the MBT can say "Wood isn't a good player, this is all we can get for him".

I think in the back of Cuban’s mind, he is fine with just letting wood expire and walk. Somehow, they will get out of the luxury tax next summer, if not sooner.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 08:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My opinion of Dinwiddie is plummeting, lately.

If he regresses, we’re missing the playoffs.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 08:59 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: If he regresses, we’re missing the playoffs.

Technically we are missing the playoffs right now. But on a positive note. If he regresses the Mavs might keep their pick.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:00 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Technically we are missing the playoffs right now. But on a positive note. If he regresses the Mavs might keep their pick.
We're gonna fight all season, miss the playoffs and get the 11th pick.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 08:59 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: If he regresses, we’re missing the playoffs.

There is something wrong with his team right now. I think they have a talent issue, but it isn’t any worse than what we were aware of last year and this summer. There is something behind the scenes going on to make them play this poorly, I think.

I say that to say that if something doesn’t change soon I’m pretty close to predicting they’ll miss the playoffs regardless of what Dinwiddie does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Time to blow this team up unfortunately. They cannot win a championship as constructed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
It appears that Luka and Wood are a good combo

Maybe they should try and use the good combo
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Wood with the most shot attempts for the team in the game. Problem is, Brooks is in his head.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:05 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: It appears that Luka and Wood are a good combo

Totally. Wood DOES have a ton to improve on, however. 

I just don’t know if this is the way to go about teaching him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Maybe he can’t learn, regardless. Maybe they’re thinking of him as a stopgap expirer and don’t even care what he does. Super frustrating not to know, because the ideal version of him could help this team so much.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: There is something wrong with his team right now.

Eye test screams that they are a bad team and that there is something wrong in how they are carrying themselves.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Eye test screams that they are a bad team and that there is something wrong in how they are carrying themselves.

Yeah, for sure. They are not competing the way they did last year. Not for longer than about three minutes at a time, at least.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally. Wood DOES have a ton to improve on, however. 

I just don’t know if this is the way to go about teaching him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Maybe he can’t learn, regardless. Maybe they’re thinking of him as a stopgap expirer and don’t even care what he does. Super frustrating not to know, because the ideal version of him could help this team so much.
I don't know if this is what it is, but they're playing like a team that thinks they've arrived, or players that just got their payday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don't know if this is what it is, but they're playing like a team that thinks they've arrived, or players that just got their payday.

That’s possible, for sure, but it’s not how it looks to me. More like they don’t like each other, or the coaches, or the systems, or something like that, imo.

EDIT: maybe the paydays have certain players feeling more empowered to wear their opinions of things on their sleeves, however?

All speculation though.
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 08:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think in the back of Cuban’s mind, he is fine with just letting wood expire and walk. Somehow, they will get out of the luxury tax next summer, if not sooner.

I hope it doesn't come to that.
I'm beginning to lower my expectations on what Wood can net the Mavs.
Letting him walk would be the peak of my disappointment.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: There is something wrong with his team right now. I think they have a talent issue, but it isn’t any worse than what we were aware of last year and this summer. There is something behind the scenes going on to make them play this poorly, I think.

I say that to say that if something doesn’t change soon I’m pretty close to predicting they’ll miss the playoffs regardless of what Dinwiddie does.

I thought it was a hangover from the run last year but I’m starting to get worried the longer it goes on. 

DFS is the poster boy imo. He’s been around so long and always been one of the hungriest guys on the floor. He’s playing at a lot lower energy level than the last few years. Maybe something is up like you’re suggesting.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:13 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I hope it doesn't come to that.
I'm beginning to lower my expectations on what Wood can net the Mavs.
Letting him walk would be the peak of my disappointment.

Wood was literally the ONLY bright spot of the summer and it came at the cost of a 1st round pick. Vomit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That’s possible, for sure, but it’s not how it looks to me. More like they don’t like each other, or the coaches, or the systems, or something like that, imo.

All speculation though.
Just looks to me like they think they are better than they are and everybody is deciding, someone else will pick up that slack, I don't need to do the dirty work. I think that's why Powell is such a refreshing change. He hustles like he always has.
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally. Wood DOES have a ton to improve on, however. 

I just don’t know if this is the way to go about teaching him. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Maybe he can’t learn, regardless. Maybe they’re thinking of him as a stopgap expired and don’t even care what he does. Super frustrating not to know, because the ideal version of him could help this team so much.

The "issue" is obvious. He is not a get his own type player like Luka or Dinwiddie. Can he post up and get his own every once in a while? Yes. Should he be relied on to do it? No. Luka setting him up has and will work wonders. He can be the key release valve in the middle when Luka gets doubled if this moronic coach ever figures it out.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
WOODDDD!!!!
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:18 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Just looks to me like they think they are better than they are and everybody is deciding, someone else will pick up that slack, I don't need to do the dirty work. I think that's why Powell is such a refreshing change. He hustles like he always has.

When you put it that way, I see better where you are coming from.
Like Reply