Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (9-9) @ TOR (10-9) | 100-105 loss | Mavs 1-6 on the road
(11-26-2022, 06:56 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wood battling back from Kidd’s psychological warfare in the 2nd half.

I really think the WCF berth is turning into a negative, kind of.

It feels like they are looking for players who are ready to win a championship right now… trying to hold people to their standard. In reality, their superstar is 23 and what they should be doing is trying out other young players as fits next to him for the long run.

Wood is so clearly talented in a way that they desperately need him to be.

This team better not lose to Bo Cruz.
Like Reply
Brick city
Like Reply
We have seen this script before.....Wood will get benched. Kidd will the ride the unholy-trinity of SD/DFS/RB and the team will lose. 

I hope I am dead wrong.
Like Reply
This is how you lose.

Too many 3s.

And they aren't hitting as usual.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I really think the WCF berth is turning into a negative, kind of.

I have thought this at least a half dozen times this season.

It was an illusion and mirage.
Like Reply
The trio of Bullock, DFS, and THJ have been awful all year. I’m not sure how much is a shooting slump and how much teams have figured out if you run at them at the 3pt line, they can’t beat you off the dribble.
Like Reply
Might miss a lot at first but I wish Luka took more contested mid range shots at this point of the game
When he hits those consistently he'll go from really good to an all time great
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It was an illusion and mirage.

I don’t know if I am willing to go that far, but I think Brunson was doing a lot more for this team than what we saw on the court, and what we saw on the court is being undervalued enough by many.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they overachieved somewhat, but I also think it’s a completely different team and lockerroom without Brunson.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:05 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: This is how you lose.

Too many 3s.

And they aren't hitting as usual.

Creating open corners 3s for guys that used to hit 40% of them isn´t the worst idea. More concerned about the shooting percentages. 18 games into the season and we haven´t seen any regression to the mean. Percentages aren´t normalizing.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:10 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: open corners 3s

The most desirable shot in basketball. If you can’t hit those, you aren’t going to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Luka, in his heart of hearts, has to know that this team outside of him is terrible..we know it, the rest of the league knows it..

he has to put up a herculean effort just to have a chance to win a random game in November
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:10 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Creating open corners 3s for guys that used to hit 40% of them isn´t the worst idea. More concerned about the shooting percentages. 18 games into the season and we haven´t seen any regression to the mean. Percentages aren´t normalizing.

Yes, but if they aren't hitting, the team needs an alternative.

If your offense is built around the 3, better get someone like Heid.
Like Reply
Win or lose, Kleber did some good things tonight as an outlet in the center of the floor when Luka gets trapped.
Like Reply
Maxi turning down open shots leading to the Mavericks overpassing to Bullock for the corner miss multiple times this quarter.
Like Reply
Wish Green was out there instead of Bricklock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wish Green was out there instead of Bricklock.

Wish ANYONE was out there instead of Bullock.
Scratch that, anyone except Mcgee
Like Reply
When Reggie wins us the game by *checks notes* bricking every shot and getting elbowed in the head…
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Refs trying to help us out
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 07:23 PM)Jym Wrote: Refs trying to help us out

as they should, they owe us 1 championship
[-] The following 4 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
We need to introduce a Wes Matthews award for the biggest choke or tank job in a loss. I nominate Reggie.
Like Reply