Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (9-9) @ TOR (10-9) | 100-105 loss | Mavs 1-6 on the road
Luka only with 5 FGA in the first half. Probably the biggest story of the game. Noticable attempt to get others more involved on offense. More ball movement. More drive and kick from guys like DFS, THJ, Green and Maxi. With mixed results. I think on paper they are creating good looks. But that doesn´t matter as long as they keep bricking open corner 3s.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka only with 5 FGA in the first half. Probably the biggest story of the game. Noticable attempt to get others more involved on offense. More ball movement. More drive and kick from guys like DFS, THJ, Green and Maxi. With mixed results. I think on paper they are creating good looks. But that doesn´t matter as long as they keep bricking open corner 3s.

Raptors doing a good job doubling/trapping out near the halfcourt line
Absolutely need more of those off the ball postups from him
Like Reply
I thought the starters actually fared pretty well in both stretches, beginning and end of the half. The bench, who should be destroying this depleted team, laid an egg in the first half. 

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this, but I despise everything about McGee’s game. He kept bringing his man to exactly the wrong place. Ruined about 3 possessions and at least two fast breaks that way. And I have no idea why Kidd lets him get away with those ridiculous dribble/spin moves he tries constantly.

One of the better short rolls of Powell’s career.
Like Reply
As I was typing this post, wondering why Dinwiddie wasn’t held out until Luka sat because of the foul trouble, he picked up his 4th.

Sure wish they had Dragic to bring into situations like this…
Like Reply
Crapazzo

(11-26-2022, 06:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure wish they had Dragic to bring into situations like this…

I do too if we're not just going to play Green or Wood like any sane person would
Like Reply
Facu over Dragic or DSJ. It´s hard to believe that a team can be so freaking bad when it comes to player evaluation. It´s their full time job to get stuff like this right. Based on +/- numbers Facu was the worst player in the league last season. Would love to know what they saw in him...
Like Reply
Simple but very smart play by Campazzoo to set DFS up for that with limited time.

(11-26-2022, 06:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Facu over Dragic or DSJ. It´s hard to believe that a team can be so freaking bad when it comes to player evaluation. It´s their full time job to get stuff like this right. Based on +/- numbers Facu was the worst player in the league last season. Would love to know what they saw in him...

I think McMahon had this one right. 

Kidd REALLY thought Luka, Dinwiddie and THJ would be enough, so they were effectively looking to combine last year’s Burke (4th handler) and Boban (Luka’s buddy) into one role. That’s what they offered Dragic.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Simple but very smart play by Campazzoo to set DFS up for that with limited time.

I think McMahon had this one right. 

Kidd REALLY thought Luka, Dinwiddie and THJ would be enough, so they were effectively looking to combine last year’s Burke (4th handler) and Boban (Luka’s buddy) into one role. That’s what they offered Dragic.

The concept of picking lesser talent because you don´t need a better player is beyond me. And probably beyond 29 GMs in the league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
You can’t tell me Hardy wouldn’t be better than some of these MFs
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The concept of picking lesser talent because you don´t need a better player is beyond me. And probably beyond 29 GMs in the league.

I honestly think the Mavs might be the only team in the league that doesn’t really have a GM these days.

Everywhere you look, there’s evidence of bad coaching, imo. I haven’t checked, but it sure feels like the Mavericks have to be near the top of the league in moving screen violations.
Like Reply
Campazzo is not an NBA player. 

THJ gonna start making worst contracts in the league lists. 

FVV schooling Green tonight. 

Is Wood quitting on Kidd?
Like Reply
It literally looks like the Monstars stole most of our talent.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Luka is so good, I can’t believe they’re wasting his youth like this.

Good defense from Hardaway. Terrible call.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka is so good, I can’t believe they’re wasting his youth like this.

Good defense from Hardaway. Terrible call.

The possession after he turned it over on the break uncontested leading to a open three for them. 5 point swing

i dont understand your THJ sweet spot. He’s really bad at basketball if he isn’t hitting contested jump shots.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:41 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: The possession after he turned it over on the break uncontested leading to a open three for them. 5 point swimg

i dont understand your THJ sweet spot.

Yeah, the forced drive against 3 defenders was dumb. 

It’s not a sweet spot, I was just talking about a possession where he did something right.
Like Reply
Luka looks like he is giving up on the roster… anyone else see it?
Like Reply
Good things almost always happen when they get Wood the ball IN THE PAINT. I wish they would figure out how to make doing that a priority against multiple defensive approaches instead of just an option in specific situations.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 06:49 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Luka looks like he is giving up on the roster… anyone else see it?

Hopefully.  It will make the "we are trading everyone and tanking" conversation all that much easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Best ATO of the season, so far.
Like Reply
Wood battling back from Kidd’s psychological warfare in the 2nd half.
Like Reply