Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (9-9) @ TOR (10-9) | 100-105 loss | Mavs 1-6 on the road
(11-26-2022, 12:15 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: If Kidd trots out the same starting lineup, that would be a shock to me.  Wood absolutely needs to start.  The question is will Wood be our starting PF or C?  I would also consider replacing Bullock with Green and bringing Dinwiddie off the bench.

My starting lineup:

Luka
Green
DFS
Kleber
Wood

Bench:

Dinwiddie
THJ
Bullock
Powell
McGee
I like everything about these two units except Powell and McGee playing together. Starters would play more minutes, so a 9 man rotation with either Powell or McGee getting the nod (and DFS/Bertans appearing in some leftover PF minutes) is the right way to go IMO.
Like Reply
Wow I’m getting in on this after a lot more posts than usual, gotta work on tbat.

As for this game, a Saturday afternoon game in November is more traditional college football timing. In the spirit of that, America should come out ahead of Canada, so to keep things right in the world, it’s a must win game.
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
33/11/12, W.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...97313?s=46&t=V5RCwoT5fTfDO5TUmNyQqg
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 04:43 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...97313?s=46&t=V5RCwoT5fTfDO5TUmNyQqg

Boooo.... 

Was trying to hit reply, not like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Dan makes a great point about Wood-McGee not being familiar enough with the system to play together. They both still make a lot of mistakes on both ends. Maybe it’s time to put their big boy pants on. 

Sounds like no changes tonight though. It may have more to do with Toronto than anything. Maybe they mix it up next time. 

Wood and Green are playing well so there’s an argument to not mess with success. 

I honestly think the bigger question mark is how you get THJ going. I’d try him as a starter and run him of screens to get early shots. He has to get going if this team is going to win more than 43 games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If you’re going to hire a domestic abuser after having a massive sexual harassment scandal could you at least make sure said domestic abuser doesn’t have an ego so big that he is a detriment to the team?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
Kidd refusing to change due to media and fan pressures. Digging his own grave with this kind of arrogance.
Like Reply
Potentially the most fluent and skilled move of Powell´s career.
Like Reply
No Siakam or Barnes....
Like Reply
So far, this is the best team defense I’ve seen from Dallas in like forever. 

They must’ve been really embarrassed by that effort against Boston.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 05:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So far, this is the best team defense I’ve seen from Dallas in like forever. 

They must’ve been really embarrassed by that effort against Boston.

Not exactly playing vs offensive juggernauts
Like Reply
TOR getting back into only felt like a matter of time. They played AWFUL to start and looked like they were still taking an afternoon nap.
Like Reply
On a positive note. I like the ball movement. More drive and kick than usual. Negative. Rebounding has been embarassing. Raptors with 10 off boards in one quarter (that´s above league average for an entire game).
Not to point fingers but because he is the most discussed player on this board. I am not sure if Wood knows what a boxout is...
Like Reply
Ridiculous
They missed 15 first quarter shots and we got 3 defensive rebounds (all by Luka)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
How can it be possible that THJ is this bad lmfaoooo. He’s getting all the same shots under Kidd that he did under RC.
Like Reply
Wood single-handedly gifted away at least 5 off boards. That gets you benched very quickly under most coaches.
Like Reply
And now we are getting the Shaqtin experience. Are we sure that Kidd isn´t throwing games on purpose.
Like Reply
Oh crap Luka actually posted up off the ball
More of that please
Like Reply
Leaving DFS wide open is the best defense the Raptors have played all game long.
Like Reply