Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
(12-07-2022, 02:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still want off THJ's wild ride.

If anything this just goes to show how good this team would be with a consistent 16-19ppg scorer from the perimeter. Totally transforms this team.

I agree.  I want a well rounded player that can give you 15-20ppg.   Not someone that if they get 10 points early on they are going to take every shot they can because they think they are on that night.

In my opinion, you need guys that can score but are looking to make best basketball play over "thinking they are hot and should chuck".  We will no doubt have posters come defend THJ as a player that is not supposed to make the best basketball play and just shoot(really guys?) or claim he is useless if not shooting(really desperate excuse, imo).

Employing a guy to just chuck whenever and doesnt have repercussions for not making the best basketball play is risky and bad management.
Like Reply
I'm willing to give him another chance. He said he was done playing like crap and it shows. But he does need to have Luka at all times so he doesn't have to create for himself.

He was also in the starting lineup last year before he got hurt. That's the only reason why RB got the starting role. He also played really well against the Clippers in the playoffs two years ago.
Like Reply
Fools Gold
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 01:01 AM)cow Wrote: Fools Gold
He has a lot of Mark Cuban's money, yes
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 12:52 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I still want him traded though.

It's just now, I don't want the other team's bad contracts to swap with.
So no more talk of Hayward types in exchange for THJ.
Lets talk about THJ for Hayward.
Like Reply
I mean, what can you say? It doesn’t get any worse. 3 points in 31 minutes.  I don’t know what’s worse, the performance itself or the fact he was allowed to stay on the floor so long playing like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-14-2022, 11:22 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I mean, what can you say? It doesn’t get any worse. 3 points in 31 minutes.  I don’t know what’s worse, the performance itself or the fact he was allowed to stay on the floor so long playing like that.

Like what I said, I still want THJ traded.

And about that guy who handed him 31 minutes of PT.. he can go too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 01:01 AM)cow Wrote: Fools Gold
Like Reply
(12-14-2022, 11:22 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I mean, what can you say? It doesn’t get any worse. 3 points in 31 minutes.  I don’t know what’s worse, the performance itself or the fact he was allowed to stay on the floor so long playing like that.

Glass half full. Shot selection wasn´t terrible. He didn´t take 10+ shots. Only 1/5.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-14-2022, 11:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Glass half full. Shot selection wasn´t terrible. He didn´t take 10+ shots. Only 1/5.

Crazy that we're at the point where this is a compliment to a player. 

That's how bad THJ is.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
It is tough.   When he is making his shots, he is a positive.   It just feels like the good defensive teams (those who can switch and whose bigs can defend) just really eliminate the things he does good.   If Luka can have the defense scrambling and getting guys like Hardaway a lot of open looks, it can look great if they hit a decent percentage.  But if you eliminate a lot of those looks, his efficiency and production goes way down.

I also don't believe this front office vision is Hardaway, Dinwiddie, Luka on perimeter defense plus no rim protection.   That can't be the winning formula.
Like Reply
THJ...the best ride not at Six Flags
Like Reply
Is there a case for "the Mavs go as THJ goes?"

Since his breakout game against the Warriors he made 5+ 3s in 6/9 games. Mavs are 5-1 in those games. 0-3 when he is having an off night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 11:40 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is there a case for "the Mavs go as THJ goes?"

Since his breakout game against the Warriors he made 5+ 3s in 6/9 games. Mavs are 5-1 in those games. 0-3 when he is having an off night.

Of course they are going to win when he is scoring 25 a night.  It stretches out defenses and allows Luka room to cook.

Problem with THJ is his shot selection, imo.   He takes too many bad shots trying to get hot or he hits a few shots and thinks he is hot and proceeds to take a bunch of bad shots instead of making the best bball play.

Please...PLEASE...defend him with "he's useless if hes not shooting"...or my fav "we lack player that can get a shot off".  Give me a player that makes the best bball play over a player shooting a good game every four games.

Best bball play over THJ's game all day every day.
Like Reply
I don't trust THJ. Thats the issue. You cant trust him. He is a completely one-dimensional player, and when his shots are not going in, he can't anything positively for winning. With Jalen Brunson, if his open shots were off, he would drive into the lane and score from there in multitude of ways.
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 02:37 PM)burekemde Wrote: I don't trust THJ. Thats the issue. You cant trust him. He is a completely one-dimensional player, and when his shots are not going in, he can't anything positively for winning. With Jalen Brunson, if his open shots were off, he would drive into the lane and score from there in multitude of ways.

Watch THJ when the ball is passed to him.  His head is not into what is actually happening on the court...he is thinking score ALWAYS.  Better basketball players know when someone is open or there is a better bball play and will move the ball quick.  THJ is not thinking like that at all and ends up ruining plays where guys were open because he was thinking about scoring.

It is a major flaw.  I am very ready to move on.  I like the guy but ready to move on.
Like Reply
I dont know the exact wording on the question asked by Harper or the exact response from THJ but I am putting them in quotation anyway.  This is after tonight's win:

HARPER:  "How important was the ball movement in tonights game(emphasizing late game they looked good because of ball movement/team ball)?"

THJ:  smirking and chuckling at the question "Yeah.  But its also important to shoot the ball with confidence even when youre 0 for 4 or 5"

Hellllll to the no.  He knows...thats why he chuckled.   Get this guy off the team.  Hes awfully selfish with a basketball and lacks NBA skills.
Like Reply
We ever going to fix this problem?
Like Reply
If you watched the Warriors/Grizzlies game, Steph was ejected because he was mad and threw his mouthpiece away in reaction to a terrible shot by Jordan Poole. THJ takes about 4 of those shots per game...I wish Luka would snap at him like that! Unfortunately, THJ is a made man in that locker room, he can do whatever he wants on the court  Sick
Like Reply
This thread deserves a bump tonight.  3 for 18.
Like Reply