Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
(02-05-2023, 11:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-born-...sey-no-11/

Number 11 means a lot to the dude. Like a lot.

He'd definitely find a way to get it. This is Kyrie we're talking about here.

Tim, if you don't give up your jersey number I'll push you off the edge of the Earth.
[-] The following 10 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HIMAV, ItsGoTime, khaled1987, KillerLeft, LukaDrive, Mavs2021, MFFL, omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Well since they don’t won’t his ass anymore anyways why not get that number from him on the way out the door.  He has showed no signs of being consistent and this is his second contract with us. Probably biggest disappointment this season.  Bullock is up there with him too
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 11:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...6633824256

Problem is he always thinks he’s open.
Like Reply
I just >HATE< seeing THJ shoot a stepback 3. It looks so awful and he's not a player that I would want taking that shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Hardaway is a great teammate and person, but he thinks he's Steph Curry.
Like Reply
Whats extremely concerning is THJ's recent interviews, specifically two on camera a week or two apart, where he claims he isnt going to stop shooting.  He actually chuckles in one of them at the thought of him stopping shooting.

I refuse to listen to anyone defending him with "If he aint shooting he's worthless"...it is the most lame excuse to lean on...immature even, imo.  To excuse a player consistently choosing bad shots over the best bball play as "Hes a shooter" is wreckless.

I get that his Daddy and other retired NBA vets have told him to "get his" and dont be afraid to ball hog to "secure a purse"...but THJ is just in a different category than all other NBA players when it comes to what looks like ball hogging and chucking.   There are posessions where he hasnt touched the ball in like 5 posessions, he gets the rock...and you can tell his intent the second he gets the rock....hes not passing, hes going to shoot it.  Its incredibly un-team-like.

He is one or more of the following:

1) Brainwashed by Dad and other vets about getting his and securing money

2) Being told by Mavs brass to score as much as possible to inflate your value

3) Has an inflated sense of his on-court skills and shooting ability

Give me players always looking to pass over "volume shooters".

Speaking of volume shooters...they are bad contracts.  There are only a few elite shooters like Curry(THJ is not one of them) that if they had no defense and ball-hogged/chucked would be worth it.   NBA brass got it WAY wrong to pay one dimensional volume shooters like THJ, Robinson, Bertans....just idiotic contracts for guys with little skill.

The NBA needs to do away with the "volume shooter" category.
Like Reply
Loved the charges he took tonight!

Team player, all the way!
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • khaled1987, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Absolutely. Now trade his ass!
[-] The following 4 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ballsrchr, ItsGoTime, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Smitty
Like Reply
Sometimes you need to trade a player to make room for younger players. Hardaway is blocking the path of Hardy getting increased minutes so he needs to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
agree. the more THJ plays the less trading value is left in him. better trade his ass before he turns a sh!ttier asset than bertans.
Like Reply
I really hope we didnt have a THJ for Levert trade on the table and passed it up. Getting off his salary with an expiring player who can actually help this team would be the best possible scenario.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Tim is a trigger bot.  Its played out now.
Like Reply
Did  y'all check out those assists by Mr. Hardaway tonight??
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:22 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Did  y'all check out those assists by Mr. Hardaway tonight??

Yep, unselfish play, as per usual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • khaled1987
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:22 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Did  y'all check out those assists by Mr. Hardaway tonight??

Hopefully it was enough for another team to want him tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: as per usual.
sarcasm alert!
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:31 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Hopefully it was enough for another team to want him tomorrow.

It's at least enough for me to choke back the vomit if he's still here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:34 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's at least enough for me to choke back the vomit if he's still here.

Haha
Like Reply
I wanted to vomit when he missed the second free throw to keep it a 2 possession game
Like Reply
I think he stays.  They will certainly move him but it needs to be a deal they think improves us. I don’t think that happens.

I think he comes off the bench though if no moves are made.  Bullock and Josh defense is needed.  With Kyrie, Timmy should get plenty of looks whoever he plays with.

Like it or not, he will get plenty of minutes and will be someone we don’t count on but could also hit 6 threes in a playoff game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply