Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
(12-08-2022, 03:46 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: I'm willing to give him another chance. He said he was done playing like crap and it shows. But he does need to have Luka at all times so he doesn't have to create for himself.

He was also in the starting lineup last year before he got hurt. That's the only reason why RB got the starting role. He also played really well against the Clippers in the playoffs two years ago.

haha i wrote this in december.

I AM DEFINITELY DONE WITH HIM.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:02 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: This thread deserves a bump tonight.  3 for 18.

Last 5 games:
16/60 (26.7%) from the field and 7/38 (18.4%) from 3.
Like Reply
THJ is done. Looking at his body language, he knows it and I'm sure the Mavs know it too. A change of scenery is the only hope for him salvaging the rest of his career. But it will just be too hard to find any takers at the deadline...it will have to be some team looking to offload a bad contract of their own
Like Reply
I wrote a mini-essay on THJ and my distaste for him in the dirkie thread but I'll continue a bit here as he deserves it. 

I will curse every day this guy continues to be on the Mavs. He is one of the most sorriest losing players I've had the displeasure of watching the last 2 years. Rick Carlisle had to have been a fucking wizard to make this guy look like a serviceable NBA player that doesn't have the BBIQ of a toddler. 

Tim Hardaway is a basketball terrorist and no one can convince me otherwise.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
In certain circumstances THJ would be ok, but as a starter playing 35 to 40 minutes a game he is Fool's Gold.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 12:58 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: In certain circumstances THJ would be ok, but as a starter playing 35 to 40 minutes a game he is Fool's Gold.

The only circumstances where THJ should be on an NBA court is if the team is trying to get the first overall pick or is having a half court shot fundraiser.

[Image: 7pg8yy2vzxfa1.jpg]

[Image: ek5gx6jeowfa1.jpg]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • ballsrchr, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 12:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wrote a mini-essay on THJ and my distaste for him in the dirkie thread but I'll continue a bit here as he deserves it. 

I will curse every day this guy continues to be on the Mavs. He is one of the most sorriest losing players I've had the displeasure of watching the last 2 years. Rick Carlisle had to have been a fucking wizard to make this guy look like a serviceable NBA player that doesn't have the BBIQ of a toddler. 

Tim Hardaway is a basketball terrorist and no one can convince me otherwise.

He was at his best against the Clippers series, but even then I didn't like his game.

He's just a high volume, low IQ, non-winning type of player.
Like Reply
He plays hard and he is a good teammate.   But I wonder if his struggles are just part of the ups and down, his recent ankle injury or if he is in his head with the latest trade talk?

For most of the season, I have thought how much better this roster would look if you removed Hardaway and replaced him with someone like Conley.   I personally prefer a bigger player than Conley but as a short term fix, the roster would fit much better.    Not sure how a team would be excited to bring in Tim now, unless it is for a longer, worse contract.   Mavs need to explore other options if he is here after the deadline and his play continues to be wildly inconsistent.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie is the new THJ.

Neither guy can control themselves when they get the rock.  They refuse to pass and are looking to get theirs.  Its bad bad bad in a team sport.

Both guys need to go.

YES!  A Spencer thread will be started soon.
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 08:23 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: He plays hard and he is a good teammate.   But I wonder if his struggles are just part of the ups and down, his recent ankle injury or if he is in his head with the latest trade talk?

For most of the season, I have thought how much better this roster would look if you removed Hardaway and replaced him with someone like Conley.   I personally prefer a bigger player than Conley but as a short term fix, the roster would fit much better.    Not sure how a team would be excited to bring in Tim now, unless it is for a longer, worse contract.   Mavs need to explore other options if he is here after the deadline and his play continues to be wildly inconsistent.

Just like last year, the roster would be far better if you just removed Hardaway. He doesn’t even need to be replaced.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...6633824256
Like Reply
Kyrie would absolutely try and destroy the team if he doesn't get his number 11. So that tells me THJ is up for trade sooner than later...
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie would absolutely try and destroy the team if he doesn't get his number 11. So that tells me THJ is up for trade sooner than later...

Lavert running the second unit sounds good right about now.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • Smitty, StepBackJay
Like Reply
Tim “tank commander” Hardaway would look good leading the magic into battle for a top pick. Tim for Bamba and Ross would help us out
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:31 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Tim “tank commander” Hardaway would look good leading the magic into battle for a top pick. Tim for Bamba and Ross would help us out

I actually really like this deal more than the Lavert one solely because Bamba can replace McGee.

Not sure if they'd be interested though. THJ's contract can't be appetizing for them.
Like Reply
Yeah that would be a steal for the Mavs. Magic would only settle for that as a last resort/throwaway deal since I'm sure they can find anyone better than THJ as a player and contract
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I actually really like this deal more than the Lavert one solely because Bamba can replace McGee.

Not sure if they'd be interested though. THJ's contract can't be appetizing for them.
Yes, Bamba would replace McGee’s DNP-CD role…great!
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyrie would absolutely try and destroy the team if he doesn't get his number 11. So that tells me THJ is up for trade sooner than later...

I think he gets #2.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:07 PM)F Gump Wrote: I think he gets #2.

I hope he doesn't take a #2 on the franchise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:07 PM)F Gump Wrote: I think he gets #2.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-born-...sey-no-11/

Number 11 means a lot to the dude. Like a lot.

He'd definitely find a way to get it. This is Kyrie we're talking about here.
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply