Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
(02-09-2023, 09:35 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: THJ did do that to the tune of 5 assists last game. If Kyrie brings that out in him (I remember vividly and immediately how JET changed in this way when Kidd was acquired), it could make him a really good piece.

I wish I had a job and was allowed to do whatever I wanted because Im a "shooter".  

THJ has run his course here.  I think his on court behavior has turned a lot of people off(whether he was told to act that way to increase his value or not) and needs a fresh start on a new team(lol...no team wants him yet we cant even bench him).

No one takes that many bad shots even if they are told to increase thier value.  Hes selfish, imo.

He should be benched on skill alone.  There is no unlocking THJ.  Again...I dont care if he shoots 75% from 3 on high volume the rest of the year....it will only reinforce his belief that he is a star in this league.   Hes low skill, low IQ and makes bad decisions that cant be excused as "hes a shooter".
Like Reply
I hope we can get to a position where THJ isn't among the team leader in shots taken. He makes too many bad decisions.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:50 AM)MFFL Wrote: I hope we can get to a position where THJ isn't among the team leader in shots taken. He makes too many bad decisions.

He's the only dark lining in the silver cloud that is looking forward to the rest of this season.
Like Reply
I understand he is an easy guy to hate watch.  Heck I do it myself.  He is still and odd fit, but less so than before the Kyrie trade and he will not be a long term mav.  But last night he was a big factor in the win.  He hit a big contested 3 and also had a nice drive in important moments.  He also had a big charge.  And he has also gotten assist numbers lately too.  Yes he shoots too much for my liking but this team will need in the playoffs.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 11:40 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I understand he is an easy guy to hate watch.  Heck I do it myself.  He is still and odd fit, but less so than before the Kyrie trade and he will not be a long term mav.  But last night he was a big factor in the win.  He hit a big contested 3 and also had a nice drive in important moments.  He also had a big charge.  And he has also gotten assist numbers lately too.  Yes he shoots too much for my liking but this team will need in the playoffs.

His last 10 games are awful shooting wise.  I dont want to cherry pick, though.

I just dont think you can sweepa bunch of bad decisions under the rug because of a few good plays.

I would love for THJ to be the good decision maker and shot taker....but he proves us all wrong time and time again.   He should study Bullock.  Bullock hardly ever takes a bad shot and passes.  This is what we need from THJ...but he wants to force shots because he thinks he is Curry good.

The fact that Kidd, Nico, Mark has not told him that he has to make better decisions on the court is very very suspect to me.   His bad decisions dont help with spacing.   I would leave the guy open in the playoffs.

Im hoping Tim at some point turns into a smarter player...but I suspect his ego is preventing that.
Like Reply
I dont know if he is hurt or not...doesnt look like he has played but for half the season...

But Duncan Robinson averages 17.9 minutes per game....We play Tim 30.5 minutes.  They have virtually the same shooting percentage stats.
Like Reply
Timmy gets hurt and leaves the game early.

Mavs lose.
Like Reply
Too bad his efficient shooting is causing teams to beat down the Mavs door for trade proposals.
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 12:37 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Timmy gets hurt and leaves the game early.

Mavs lose.
Yep, sucks that we lost so much offense with him being out, but didn’t think to add more offense in Wood.
Like Reply
My friend and I can tell when Tim gets that "fuck it ima pull it" look and when we notice it he probably does shoot it 90% of the time.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Losing streak without THJ continues. 0-6 for the season.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • khaled1987, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 04:04 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: My friend and I can tell when Tim gets that "fuck it ima pull it" look and when we notice it he probably does shoot it 90% of the time.

Conceptually this isn't a bad thing.  He is making a lot of money and you'd expect that type of investment to take pressure off of his teammates.
Like Reply
(02-16-2023, 03:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Losing streak without THJ continues. 0-6 for the season.

Yep.  His on/off is going to get even better as the team struggles without him.  He is a bit of a chucker and he has struggled with his shot this year, but it seems the combination of willingness to shoot (something most our 3&D guys struggle with) and ability to play decent defense (a new development) is something this team really needs.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Dahlsim, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I’ve been in a negative place with THJ this season, but since I believe in the analytics I have to be consistent, he’s somehow had a positive impact.  Not positive enough to replace Brunson, as some said he would, not even close, and not really worthy of his contract, but positive never the less.  Maybe the Mavs just need his skill set so badly that on the margins victory can depend on whether he’s playing decently enough to stay on the floor. Bullock, on the other hand, is rating among the 10 worst players in the NBA, though mostly because of the horrendous first half of the season. If both these guys finish the season strong, the sky is the limit.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 09:05 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Not positive enough to replace Brunson, as some said he would, not even close, and not really worthy of his contract, but positive never the less.
I know I said he and Wood would more than make up for his scoring. Don’t remember others saying more than that.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 11:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I know I said he and Wood would more than make up for his scoring. Don’t remember others saying more than that.

It really doesn’t matter now that the Mavs have Kyrie. He’s basically in Brunson’s role and second big money salary spot, and he’s better, so the Mavs landed on their feet if Kyrie is resigned and stays grounded. I can put the Brunson saga in the rear view mirror now, sort of like with Nash when the Mavs finally acquired Kidd. Only this time it only took 2/3rds of a season instead of several years. Credit where credit is due. DFS and Widdie are pros, but you can find or develop those guys every year (and THJ is capable of offsetting Dinwiddie’s lost offense). Players on JB’s level, and particularly Kyrie’s, are incredibly difficult to add. I’m feeling pretty good about the future, though wary of the off-season.
Like Reply
Hardaway got off to a good start but struggled down the stretch.  Finished 5-13.  Didn’t feel that bad.  I guess if he finished on those two dunks, it would have been 7-13.  If.

He is competing out there and he is in a better role coming off the bench.  It just feels like in these playoff atmospheres the 5-13 performances shows up more often than not.

I win?
Like Reply
Well I think Hardaway has played hard this year but tonight he had several 50/50 plays he did not get to.  He also had one really bad possession late where he allowed and easy dunk and drive.

For all the good stuff he did on offense tonight with limited shots, he had a good look late on a three and air balled it.
Like Reply
So, in order to be comfortable in a bench role he needed another superstar to play his position? I guess whatever it takes. I’m glad THJ’s attitude is adjusted enough to be the same player no matter where he is in the rotation. I really hope it sticks like it has lately.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 08:59 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, in order to be comfortable in a bench role he needed another superstar to play his position? I guess whatever it takes. I’m glad THJ’s attitude is adjusted enough to be the same player no matter where he is in the rotation. I really hope it sticks like it has lately.

It's possible that's what has happened. It's also possible that he's finally getting adjusted to life after the injury (we fans tend to be impatient about that type of thing)...or maybe the move just coincided with a hot streak, miraculously. Maybe all of the above, not sure. 

I'm just glad to know he CAN play well off of the bench. That opens up a variety of possibilities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply