Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DEN (10-6) @ DAL (9-7) | 97-98 loss (Kidd still tanking for Victor)
(11-21-2022, 11:17 AM)omahen Wrote: Wood is basically same player as Collins so I don't see much value for Atlanta, other than getting out of Collins salary. But I don't think that is their goal. They would want to get better. One thing Atlanta could use is a good two way wing. Someone like Durant Smile If Atlanta coveted Wood that much, they could have easily traded for him using Collins. I am fairly certain their eyes are set to way higher goals with Collins.

Collins main weapon is PnR and his odd fit in Atlanta comes from a fact that he is playing next to a center that can do just one thing - PnR. So, something that basically wouldn't make sense in Dallas either. 

Flipping Wood idea seems strange as his trade value is not high. Anyone that covet Wood that much, could have easily traded for him. The one value he does bring is that he is an expiring contract. But Mavs don't really have the assets for the big move before summer. Also, even before Wood, Mavs had like 30 mil of expiring salary in Powell, Bullock and guys that were traded for Wood (plus the pick). So Wood doesn't really improve that situation much. 

I think the only thing that really makes sense is - lets take a flyer on him. If he works, great. If not, we use his expiring for something else or just let him walk to save some money.

I agree with all of this.  Collins' value is going to be interesting but I do think we're making the assumption here that the Hawks wouldn't be interested in a lateral move that also saves them money.  There's could be a world where they don't want to pay Bogdan after this year and move him in a separate move and then you could say that Woods/Hardaway for Collins/Holiday could make sense because now they have a similar skillset to Collins offensively for this playoff run and can use Hardaway to fill Bogdan's role for a few years at a lower number and someone else is paying for the rest of Collins' contract.  It's all just going to depend on the market this year, not a lot of picks to throw around so is Collins' going to demand one?  Will be interesting...
Like Reply
And so it begins. Wood actually commenting on his lack of PT

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...48386?s=20&t=HydegbuQZWONndr08wR1Gg
Like Reply
Collins isn’t exactly a “sell-high” for Atlanta right now.  Career lows pretty well across the board.  Lateral move is probably a good description if you take this year’s version of Collins into account rather than some peak version we have in our mind from past years.  

But, Wood doesn’t match Collins financially, so there has to be more.  Bullock has value and that value is part of the calculus.
Like Reply
(11-21-2022, 01:22 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Collins isn’t exactly a “sell-high” for Atlanta right now.  Career lows pretty well across the board.  Lateral move is probably a good description if you take this year’s version of Collins into account rather than some peak version we have in our mind from past years.  

But, Wood doesn’t match Collins financially, so there has to be more.  Bullock has value and that value is part of the calculus.

I agree with this.  I think though the Mavs will look at it as "we're taking on multiple years of Collins from you, you need to take some longer contract from us" which could blow it up into including Hardaway which would require multiple players going both ways.
Like Reply
(11-21-2022, 01:22 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Collins isn’t exactly a “sell-high” for Atlanta right now.  Career lows pretty well across the board.  Lateral move is probably a good description if you take this year’s version of Collins into account rather than some peak version we have in our mind from past years.  

If we are valuating based on relatively small sample size, than Bullock has extremely negative value atm Smile 

It also looks like a bad trade for Dallas, if we valuate like this. Wood is better than Collins and Bullock has value. So why would Dallas do it?
Like Reply
(11-21-2022, 03:03 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: Hate to say it, but definitely a 3

Well I'll be damned I stand corrected. Although I will say I want to know where his foot is exactly on the release of the shot and not the wind-up. Looking at the other angle it doesn't seem to move much, but we're dealing with a game of inches here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply