Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+25, 33 pts, 1 stl, 11 ast, 12 rbd)
29.63%
8 29.63%
Wood (+21, 28 pts, 1 ast, 8 rbd)
62.96%
17 62.96%
McGee (+11, 10 pts, 2 blk, 1 ast, 4 rbd)
7.41%
2 7.41%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15 DIRKIE: Winner Wood (63%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Get McShaqtin off the poll
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:49 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Get McShaqtin off the poll

Someone voted for him!
Like Reply
Luka. He was like a video game getting wide open corner 3s for everyone with ridiculous passes. I can’t imagine if this guy played with good shooters instead of the extremely mid guys we have.

Over the shoulder. Behind the back. No look to the side. Pew pew pew. Wide wide open shots for everyone.

(11-18-2022, 10:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Someone voted for him!

@"IamDougieFresh"
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
McGee haha! The ultimate troll.
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:51 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Luka. He was like a video game getting wide open corner 3s for everyone with ridiculous passes. I can’t imagine if this guy played with good shooters instead of the extremely mid guys we have.

Over the shoulder. Behind the back. No look to the side. Pew pew pew. Wide wide open shots for everyone.

@"IamDougieFresh"

I enjoyed the increased pace a LOT
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I’d give the spastic Canadian a kiss before I vote for McShaqtin
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
If the officiating was consistent, Wood could have gotten at least 2 and-1s.
It's just so nice to see a Mav big score in the lane with that much contact.
He's like a snake out there, slithering on his way to the basket.
Like Reply
Yeah, I did it.  83% from the field with good defense, screens, and slips.  Luka was fantastic but was 50% from the field with ok defense.  Probably any other time I would give this vote to Luka.  I think this shows real maturity on my part.  You're welcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:59 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Yeah, I did it.  83% from the field with good defense, screens, and slips.  Luka was fantastic but was 50% from the field with ok defense.  Probably any other time I would give this vote to Luka.  I think this shows real maturity on my part.  You're welcome.

No judgment, because it was his best game is Maverick, by far. But, I personally don’t think it impacted the outcome of the game nearly as much as the other choices.

Are you McGee’s last fan around here?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
I feel uncomfortable not voting for Luka, but some of the rest of the team needs to step up and earn a Dirkie.  And we get to see what happens with a rested Luka.  Not bad!

CW has earned this Dirkie...and probably should be getting starter minutes--meaning 30+.  Nobody on the team should be getting over 35...

I have said we need at least 4 people in double figures to win games.  Against the nuggets we had 6.  That will win you some games.  Defense wasn't bad either.  Defense is hard.  Very rarely is it acknowledged.  All the glory is in offense.

Denver was short handed and I guess it was just one of those night.  We got an easy win.
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 11:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are you McGee’s last fan around here?

Not quite.  I just thought he 'elevated' his game more than others.  Oh and he helped the team win with his energy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
McGee was straight up better than Powell tonight, he at least deserves the consideration so it's not 100% a troll vote if I give him a vote. There would be a lot less complaining about him if he played like this more often

We have won our last 7 games when Luka and Wood are both available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Wood's first half stretch was flipping amazing before THJ decided he needed to chuck a three and then Wood responded in kind.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
luka’s pass to Din in the corner was majestic.  I wish I was good at anything as good as Luka is on the basketball court.  In a game filled with his great passes, that one was amazing.

I give it to Wood though tonight.  He got the Mavs going with his run when he entered the game and the mavs never looked back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 11:23 PM)cow Wrote: Wood's first half stretch was flipping amazing before THJ decided he needed to chuck a three and then Wood responded in kind.

Yeah, saw that too.

"Here he goes again, I'm not going to get shots in with this chucking, might as well shoot one too" - Wood (probably).
Like Reply
Hard not to give it to Wood tonight just for his first half alone. 18 points in 11 minutes is crazy.

But Luka's passes tonight were unbelievable. My jaw dropped on more than one occasion. The fact he pushed the pace too deserves a mention. So for that (and a 30pt trip dub doesn't hurt either) Luka gets the Dirkie.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 11:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact he pushed the pace too deserves a mention.

This was huge for me. This is the first time I remember him playing like this in YEARS. I don't know if he was just jazzed to play in front of his Dad and that Slovenian basketball official, or what.
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 11:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This was huge for me. This is the first time I remember him playing like this in YEARS. I don't know if he was just jazzed to play in front of his Dad and that Slovenian basketball official, or what.

It was because of playing in front of his adopted dad (DAJ).
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply