Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15: DEN (9-6) @ DAL (9-6) | 127-99 win
(11-18-2022, 09:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It makes even less sense when they had Demarcus Cousins who played pretty well for them. They let him go for free. He's still a free agent. I starting to wonder why the Mavs didn't sign him now...

Cousins has really never lasted anywhere for more than a cup of coffee since Sacramento gave up on him. Dollars to donuts he is a real pain in the ass to have around.
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 09:38 PM)Smitty Wrote: Anyone else catch Wood staring down Lukas full court heave at the end of the half? That dude is engaged!

Like I said above, he is 100% engaged on the court. As much as anyone on the whole team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 09:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Like I said above, he is 100% engaged on the court. As much as anyone on the whole team.

I don’t think he is being punished for anything involving his personality. Sure, it’s possible that he is difficult behind the scenes, but I don’t think he has been here long enough for that to be the issue.

It has to be about the defensive system and his lack of either ability or familiarity on that end. I think this is just kidd sticking to his guns on creating a defense-first culture.

The thing is, I can already tell they are going to defend well enough if/when the time comes. If they don’t figure out how to create consistent offense that isn’t just 4 guys watching Luka go 1-on-1 it is literally not going to matter how good their defense is.

Man, DeAndre can still set a screen.
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 09:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think he is being punished for anything involving his personality. Sure, it’s possible that he is difficult behind the scenes, but I don’t think he has been here long enough for that to be the issue.

It has to be about the defensive system and his lack of either ability or familiarity on that end. I think this is just kidd sticking to his guns on creating a defense-first culture.

The thing is, I can already tell they are going to defend well enough if/when the time comes. If they don’t figure out how to create consistent offense that isn’t just 4 guys watching Luka go 1-on-1 it is literally not going to matter how good their defense is.

Like Luka, his offense more than makes up for any defensive deficiencies. It’s not like Powell is some defensive stopper either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Dinwiddie is hitting some crazy threes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
KCP is who JRich was supposed to be on this team.
Like Reply
Terrible transition defense sheesh.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Are you supposed to stop the ball when playing basketball? I forget.
Like Reply
Kidd better make sure Wood doesn't see the light of day for that lazy defense.

/s
Like Reply
Luka's passes have been incredible tonight.
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 09:51 PM)Smitty Wrote: Like Luka, his offense more than makes up for any defensive efficiencies. It’s not like Powell is some defensive stopper either.

I feel like you’re kind of missing my point. I am one of those arguing IN FAVOR of more Wood. 

I’m simply trying to figure out what they’re thinking. And not for nothing, but Powell actually IS a pretty damn effective defender, in my view. But the conversation shouldn’t be Wood versus Powell. What’s important is whatever kidd is not seeing from wood that’s preventing him from leaning on him. 

With the offense as limited and boring as it has been this season, I tend to arrive at your conclusion - that it shouldn’t be such a hangup.

I am enjoying “mid range Bullock” tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Holy crap ANOTHER gorgeous pass from Luka

This is Bruce Brown vs. the Mavs
Like Reply
I feel like kidd finally figured out he had to call an early time out when things weren’t going well and it is paying off.

Good help d from Luka there. He can play defense when he wants to.
Like Reply
I'd challenge the heck out of that.
Like Reply
THJ refusing to pass to a wide open Josh Green, cause he is competition for his minutes. What a dick.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd challenge the heck out of that.

I don’t think it would get overturned as a non-foul, but I agree with him that it was not a “take foul“…can you even challenge just that part of it?
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think it would get overturned as a non-foul, but I agree with him that it was not a “take foul“…can you even challenge just that part of it?

I don't know but to call that a take foul was egregious. 

They better give the Mavs the same call right now as the Mavs were actually in transition!
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 09:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I feel like you’re kind of missing my point. I am one of those arguing IN FAVOR of more Wood. 

I’m simply trying to figure out what they’re thinking. And not for nothing, but Powell actually IS a pretty damn effective defender, in my view. But the conversation shouldn’t be Wood versus Powell. What’s important is whatever kidd is not seeing for a wood that’s preventing him from leaning on him. 

With the offense as limited and boring as it has been this season, I tend to arrive at your conclusion - that it shouldn’t be such a hangup.

I am enjoying “mid range Bullock” tonight.

I’m not really meaning to argue with you. Just that you highlighted Kidd wanting a defense first culture and Powell is starting. We can say what we want about our boys in blue but Powell surely isn’t considered a good defender by anyone outside of a few Mavs fans, right? In any event - it’s no reason for Wood not to start. There’s literally no reason IMO that he shouldn’t start and/or get 30+ minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
HOLY WHAT A PASS BY LUKA!
Like Reply
(11-18-2022, 10:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: HOLY WHAT A PASS BY LUKA!

It was great, but I liked the quick outlet to an on the run DFS after that even better. This team would be better off if he would do that more often, in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply