Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
RB (+9, 13 pts, 1 ast, 3 rbd)
17.39%
4 17.39%
DFS (+4, 21 pts, 3 stl, 3 rbd, 7-13 3P)
65.22%
15 65.22%
Luka (+4, 35 pts, 3 stl, 5 ast, 11 rbd)
17.39%
4 17.39%
Wood (-4, 15 pts, 7 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13 DIRKIE: Winner DFS (65%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
God King goes bang bang.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Co Dirkies to DFS and Bullock..Bringing the 3&D back
Like Reply
DFS played PG really well, scrambled out there for loose balls, threw his weight around to box out on a night when they were short on bigs, moved the ball with decisive intent and hit some important, timely shots.

He gets my vote.

I personally would have included Powell amongst the options. I don’t know if he’d even get a vote, but he was crucial in breaking the trap defense on Luka, and that’s pretty much what saved the night.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Hogmelon, Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply
Well...a win is a win is a win.  But, man, I feel sort of down for this win--and some others.  I've learned in life, and through some of my own competition, that you never let somebody back up after you have them down.  Put your foot on their throat (in a gentlemanly sort of way), put fear in their heart.  Tromp them!  That fear will be in the back of their mind next time you play.  The Clippers will have heart the next time because they know they can come back.  The game will be harder.  Oh well...onward and upward.

Honorable mention to RB, SD, and LD.  Powell isn't in the running for a Dirkie, but he, along with Maxie, shows up to play and contributes in a lot of ways that don't show up on the stat sheet.

My Dirkie goes to DFS.  Without this breakout game we wouldn't have won.

Did the 0 of 7 Hardaway play?  Hmmm...I guess so.  I sure wish some shooting coaches would work with THJ.  Not because he won't shoot, but because his shot selection sucks...

I like THJ.  I really do...
Like Reply
DFS 

He brought the 

D - efense
O - ffense
E - ffort
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I loved to see some of our shooters come alive and execute when Luka got doubled but it was Luka playing it correctly seemingly every time that impressed me. Plus Luka saved the game with that clutch save the day 3. 
Lastly that 35 points is not to be taken for granted.
Like Reply
This team loves to play 2 games at once. One against the opposing team, the other against the refs.

With that being said, the female ref tonight needs to find a new profession. SHEESH.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 01:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: This team loves to play 2 games at once. One against the opposing team, the other against the refs.

With that being said, the female ref tonight needs to find a new profession. SHEESH.

She needs to get demoted to the G-League for awhile.

Luka needs to learn to shut the fuck up.  The constant complaining just make things worse for him and cost us points.
Like Reply
This one was a little tough. Bullock has a history of stinking it up early in the season so his 4th quarter contributions were huge, but missing that free throw took him out of the running. So it was really between DFS and Luka, Luka hit the biggest balls shot and gave us 3 steals and hit all of his free throws, but I'm going to give it to DFS because he had started the season in a shooting slump and hit 7 of them in a game we really needed that
Like Reply
[Image: FhqOSYWX0AAGIIn.jpg:large]
Like Reply
Dorian's shoe game was whack.  I almost want to take my vote back.  I guess I'll cut him some slack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Can't the NBA just ban pink, orange, lime green shoes?  Maybe just give them a limited palette of grey, white, black, and maybe red.  Kinda like your roof shingle color choices if you live in one of those fancy gated communities...
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 12:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Can't the NBA just ban pink, orange, lime green shoes?  Maybe just give them a limited palette of grey, white, black, and maybe red.  Kinda like your roof shingle color choices if you live in one of those fancy gated communities...

I think those shoes are peach.  lol
Like Reply