Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win
(11-15-2022, 10:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The haters won’t want to hear this, but Powell is the best middle of the floor outlet for a Luka trap on the entire team, tbh. Making the right play consistently.

Almost always looking for the pass.
Clippers know DP isn't a threat.

Wood could at least go all the way, and not make it just a pass out of the middle.

DP attacked the rim at one time though.

Why is THJ in the court for a defensive possession?
Like Reply
haha, that lady ref almost screwed us again
[-] The following 6 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, DrMav, IamDougieFresh, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Geez how many calls has the blonde ref missed tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
That female ref is trash.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 11:01 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: haha, that lady ref almost screwed us again

Unbelievable.
What a performance by the lady ref.
Like Reply
Nice ending.  I wish I could be happy.  But that was awful until the end.   

Does this team score over 80 tomorrow if Luka sits?
Like Reply
THJ 0-7
Batum 7-7

LOOOOLLLL
Like Reply
Clippers on a back-to-back with no KL.  Mavs choke a 25 point lead but hang on to win.  One of the better shooting nights from Bullock.  Dorian was on fire.  More than a little concerned about this team.  I hate when THJ plays but I especially hate when he shares the court with Wood.
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 11:00 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Almost always looking for the pass.
Clippers know DP isn't a threat.

Not really, he always took at least a look towards the rim to keep the paint defender honest, and in a couple of cases floored the ball 1-2 times, heading that way, to seal the deal. 

And, if the clippers “know he’s not a threat” then someone forgot to tell the guys who kept coming off of those corner shooters. 

It’s ok to admit it - Powell played really well down the stretch.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply
Mavs too reliant on the 3 ball.
Nice strategy if you're top 5 in 3 point percentage.

But I'm guessing they aren't.

(11-15-2022, 11:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not really, he always took at least a look towards the rim to keep the paint defender honest, and in a couple of cases floored the ball 1-2 times, heading that way, to seal the deal. 

And, if the clippers “know he’s not a threat” then someone forgot to tell the guys who kept coming off of those corner shooters. 

It’s ok to admit it - Powell played really well down the stretch.

I wasn't saying he didn't.
He played as well as his skill can take him.
Most times that's all a fan can ask for.
Like Reply
Good home team...terrible on the road. They need to go undefeated on this home stand because they are gonna get whooped at Boston, Toronto, and Milwaukee.
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 11:17 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Good home team...terrible on the road. They need to go undefeated on this home stand because they are gonna get whooped at Boston, Toronto, and Milwaukee.

More likely they will win one or two of those games and then lose to a turd.
Like Reply
If we are awful then the whole Western Conference is awful. We are right now in 4th place one game out of first. Just because we are good at anxiously seeing our weaknesses doesn’t mean we will turn out to be right. I still remember how to enjoy a great start, awful 3rd, barely winning game because we won!
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Also, can we start sitting Luka at the two minute mark in the first quarter and try to get him a bit more rest?  Playing the entire 3rd and bleeding over into the 4th, he looked absolutely gassed in the final stretch.
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 11:01 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: haha, that lady ref almost screwed us again

That ho made me miss Chandler Parsons. Female refs were usually on our side back then
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Hardaway's good games can't be 6 for 13.  And his bad games certainly can't be 0 for 7.   I have said he is going to be an awkward fit but you can survive in the immediate if he returns to being a good player.   His good games need to be 12-17 for 28 points and his bad games should be like 3 for 12 for 10 points.   
Both the good and bad games have to improve...and hopefully less of the bad games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply
Clippers may certainly be a championship level team with a healthy Leonard.  It is tough to get a feel for them last night.  Both teams sucked for long stretches.  

One thing I was interested in heading into the year is their deep roster.  Who would lose minutes/production and how that would impact team chemistry.   I have no idea on the team chemistry, but it is interesting Reggie Jackson is only averaging 10 points a game and Terrance Mann is around 6 points a game.  Both players were important to that team the last two years. This is even with Leonard playing a lot.  I guess Covington has been out too and he may have trouble getting minutes.
Like Reply
(11-16-2022, 07:44 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hardaway's good games can't be 6 for 13.  And his bad games certainly can't be 0 for 7.   I have said he is going to be an awkward fit but you can survive in the immediate if he returns to being a good player.   His good games need to be 12-17 for 28 points and his bad games should be like 3 for 12 for 10 points.   
Both the good and bad games have to improve...and hopefully less of the bad games.

When talking about THJ when Carlisle was still around, it was pretty much determined that THJ's entire value came from his 3P%. At or around 40%, he's a valuable player off the bench or even as a starter because of his ability to pull up no matter the coverage, meaning he could absolutely torch the scoreboard, single handedly pulling us back into games from deficits.

With a 3P% closer to what his career avg is though (much less what he's doing right now), he might not even belong in the NBA. He's that bad at pretty much everything else basketball related.
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 09:44 PM)Jym Wrote: he'd played like 14 minutes straight of game-time so he had to sit at some point. Such a weird rotation 
Just start Wood and Maxi and bring Dinwiddie off the bench. Makes a 1000X more sense in every way

Preach!
Like Reply
(11-15-2022, 10:41 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Please take THJ out of the game.
Bad nights for him does not get better in time.

Bingo.

Whats funny is they pull Josh Green out of the game quickly...but let Hardaway launch like he is Curry even on off nights.  

THJ needs to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply