Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SD (+0, 20 pts, 1 blk, 6 ast, 7 rbd, clutch threes)
41.38%
12 41.38%
Luka (+6, 42 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 10 ast, 13 rbd)
41.38%
12 41.38%
THJ (+23, 16 pts, 1 stl, 5 ast, 3 rbd)
13.79%
4 13.79%
Wood (+14, 19 pts, 2 stl, 1 ast, 5 rbd)
3.45%
1 3.45%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12 DIRKIE: Co-Winners SD (41%) & Luka (41%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Spencer Winwiddie, for sure. Imagine playing on the same court as Luka and Dame and stealing the spotlight from both.
Like Reply
THJ, for me. He was the spark that started pretty much every second half run. Hit some shots (not enfuego, but improved from his early season), made some nice drives, moved the ball really well and with purpose and played some nice defense during a few crucial possessions.
Like Reply
Has to be Spence for all the big threes down the stretch, but we don't win the game without THJ - he did have some miscues defensively, but he played a solid game overall
Like Reply
My honorable mention goes to DFS. Lillard had good numbers thanks to all the whistles, but he only made 6 FGs. And DFS was a big reason for that.
Like Reply
Your '22-'23 NBA MVP gets it for taking down the top team in the west (Jazz? whatever) and the possible MVP runner up.  All worthy choices though and interestingly I liked THJ's energy on both ends and Wood's energy on offense.
Like Reply
Luka, especially if you compare it to the last two games.
Like Reply
Not voting for Luka after a 40+ point triple double just feels dirty
Like Reply
I've got to vote for Luka and his 42 point triple double.  Honorable mention to SD, CW...and yes, even our very own chucker...THJ.

But there's a fly in the pie.  We win when Luka scores 30 or 40 points.  When he doesn't...we don't.  He has to have some reliable help--on offense at the very least.  You need 4 or more players in double figures to consistently win games.  A look at the box score shows FG of 2-7, 1-5, 2-5...twice, but even more concerning is 3PT of 2-6, 0-4, 1-5...twice, and 1-4.  That's not good.  Yes...even Luka is in that group.  And just one reason I call Timmie a chucker...3-10...30%.  I know...one more make and he would sit at 40%.  But...he didn't make...one more.

Common sense dictates that if something isn't working (3PT), then do something else.  Attack the basket, or pass the damn ball to someone who will--attack the basket.

Hmmmm...a ball handler would help.  A shooter would help.  By golly!...I do believe we have a few of those sitting in the wings ready for spot minutes at least.  Now's the time to see what they got, or how they can work with the team.  Not during the playoffs...

I've always believed a short, tight rotation is a sign of a poorly constructed team.

Just a heads up for those team owners who want a new general manager--I'm retired...and the local pee wee team needs me...
Like Reply
Hard one.  On the one hand, in the spirit of the award, SD did step up and provide some solid Robin material. On the other, Luka played one of the greatest games in franchise regular season history.  It seems like Luka has to deliver that kind of game night in night out for the Mavs to win. Luka was extraordinary, but will vote for SD due to the late game heroics.
Like Reply
Dayum, I dunno. Hard to vote against Luka, and the 10:2 assist/turnover ratio is exactly what I’m looking for from him. But Widdie won it. So clutch. So huge. Went with Spence so someone else would hafta break the tie.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
[Image: USATSI_17821264-1024x683.jpg]
Like Reply