Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: OKC (3-3) @ DAL (2-3) | 111-117 OT loss
Game lost because..

Kidd couldn't get a last play going after a time out in regulation. I like it that Luka didn't end up with a step back 3 but c'mon, it has to be an ISO yet again.
I like Isiah Joe, just not this game. Dude won it for OKC.
Kidd couldn't get Wood in there, let the dude foul out. It's end game.
Green was doing good, and Kidd never looked back at him for the rest of the way.
The 3andD shooters were a step slow shooting as if wanting the defense to recover.

Yet another game lost by Jason Kidd.
Like Reply
Fuck it, bring in Josh Primo
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:47 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd really trying to force-feed this lineup down our throats. Luka at 40 minutes, Bullock/DFS close to 40 too. And I bet Kidd leans on them heavily tomorrow night too. This might be worse than anything RC did in his last few years

Agreed.
RC has his favorites, but he knows when to adjust.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs could have matched the Thunders physicality and energy. Instead they rolled over. On the Mavs Josh Green stands out for one reason. He plays with a lot of energy. Always hustling. Always going all out. Thunder have five guys that are doing the same all time time. Mavs starters on the other hand are coasting.

And we have to talk about the perimeter defense of the starters. They are slow. Too slow for the modern NBA. Starting five needs a guy that can defend quick guards.

For as good as Josh was in the 2nd half, he was equally as bad in the first.  There is a reason Hardy got 4 minutes.  Thunder are also younger and deeper.  Their 11th man had 7 points in the 4th quarter.  We basically played 9 guys.
Like Reply
Also. If Bullock continues to move like this THJ should be starting. Not like it will make a big difference but at least THJ isn´t stuck in quicksand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 10:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: the perimeter defense of the starters

It is a problem. Not a single consistently good "stay in front" guy.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:03 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Agreed.
RC has his favorites, but he knows when to adjust.

Yep. I was really hoping they were going to hire Jamal Mosley. I really liked him & thought he did well when RC was out. I was wrong.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:03 PM)cow Wrote: For as good as Josh was in the 2nd half, he was equally as bad in the first.  There is a reason Hardy got 4 minutes.  Thunder are also younger and deeper.  Their 11th man had 7 points in the 4th quarter.  We basically played 9 guys.

Not about him playing good or bad. Just talking about the effort. Green is never walking back on defense. Always sprinting. Never gives up on a lose ball. In comparisation Doncic walks back 9/10 times. Wood and SD aren´t exactly known for their hustle plays either. In the past DFS brought this kind of energy but this season he hasn´t been on the same level.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Jason Kidd is Brain Dead.

[Image: box-of-dumb.jpg]
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not about him playing good or bad. Just talking about the effort. Green is never walking back on defense. Always sprinting. Never gives up on a lose ball. In comparisation Doncic walks back 9/10 times. Wood and SD aren´t exactly known for their hustle plays either. In the past DFS brought this kind of energy but this season he hasn´t been on the same level.

Young legs and doesn't get asked to play 35+ a night.  I'm fine giving Josh a bigger a role at this point.  Like I said the other night, I'm having a hard time deciding what I think of this team but I'm leaning more towards bad than good.  Our two wins are against teams playing the second half of back-to-backs and we've lost three games now that we had no business losing.  Really feels like our coach is working against us too.  

Kind of tired of Luka's antics too.  Then again, refs let opposing players beat the hell out of him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Bullock, DFS, and Kleber will be in their 30s this season. It's realistic that their playoff performance was as good as it will ever get for them. There is a ceiling and they have reached it. For Kidd to keep trotting them out there for big minutes like there is still some magic potential to untap doesn't make sense. And yes, they played well vs. the Nets...but that's a 1-5 team  Confused He is treating them like they are the Warriors' championship core lineup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:14 PM)cow Wrote: Kind of tired of Luka's antics too. 

I get that he is frustrated but I wonder how his teammates are feeling when they have to defend 4vs5 for the first 5-10 of the shot clock. Because it really feels like this is becoming the norm.
I can life with the step back 3s. Can accept a couple of bad turnovers. He is making risky plays and the cost benefit ratio is favoring the Mavs more often than not. But his transition defense is infuriating.

Might have a new drinking game. Take a shot every time the opposing team scores with Luka not even back on screen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I get that he is frustrated but I wonder how his teammates are feeling when they have to defend 4vs5 for the first 5-10 of the shot clock. Because it really feels like this is becoming the norm.
I can life with the step back 3s. Can accept a couple of bad turnovers. He is making risky plays and the cost benefit ratio is favoring the Mavs more often than not. But his transition defense is infuriating.

Might have a new drinking game. Take a shot every time the opposing team scores with Luka not even back on screen.

Even when Luka is back, they are often playing 4v5 on the defensive end.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I get that he is frustrated but I wonder how his teammates are feeling when they have to defend 4vs5 for the first 5-10 of the shot clock. Because it really feels like this is becoming the norm.

I agree.  We will have to live with it.

But I do worry about young long energetic 2-way guys coming into the league every year...seems like even with a Jokic or Luka you will have trouble if one of your players is slow or doesnt play defense.
Like Reply
All those minutes on Luka w/the Wagner bros. looking for revenge tomorrow, walking into the arena like George Jefferson.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1586571727508836353?s=20&t=ySqeaMJh2TUcKXQEI6sphQ

Mavs and Kidd are not serious about Wood long-term...it looks like they just view him as a placeholder like the 2004 season with Antoine Walker and Antawn Jamison.
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, JasonKidding
Like Reply
Absolute GARBAGE scapegoating by Kidd of Wood. W.T.F. He is actually blind if he thinks Luka wasn't the problem and that OT wasn't even worse with his pet lineup.
[-] The following 8 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, BolsDamols, dirkfansince1998, DrMav, haveitall, JasonKidding, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:31 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1586571727508836353?s=20&t=ySqeaMJh2TUcKXQEI6sphQ

Mavs and Kidd are not serious about Wood long-term...it looks like they just view him as a placeholder like the 2004 season with Antoine Walker and Antawn Jamison.

Based on how exquisitely we handled the Brunson situation...I doubt this is the case.
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 11:31 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1586571727508836353?s=20&t=ySqeaMJh2TUcKXQEI6sphQ

Well, they better get someone better than Wood in mind or else, Luka can view the Mavs as a placeholder for him too.

And.. really this Kidd statement feels like deflecting the blame from him to Wood.

It's not Wood's fault Kidd couldn't coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, JasonKidding
Like Reply
There are 2 changes that I would like for us to make to our starting lineup.  Start Josh Green and start Christian Wood

I think Green can ignite our offense because he's one of our best defenders.  I also think he can get much better looks from the field while playing with Luka.  Green can handle the rock at times as well, serving as our secondary ball handler.

Christian Wood can be so much more effective while playing with Luka.  Plain and simple.  It's not far fetched to think he could average 20 points and 10 rebounds as a starter.

With Green, Bullock and DFS...you have 3 decent perimeter defenders in our starting lineup.

Dinwiddie and THJ can provide more than enough offense off the bench.  I also would like to see Dorsey get more minutes.

Frustrating night.  3 losses on our ledger that will haunt us when we're jostling for position in seeding at the end of the season
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • haveitall
Like Reply