Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First round predictions
What do you think now that first round pairs are set and first game almost over? My predictions

East
Bos - Mia: Boston in 4. They are just a much better team. Perhaps Miami steals one.
NY - Phi: Phi in 7. It all depends how ready Embiid is. If he can go full strength, I think Philly is a better team
Mil - Ind: Mil in 7. It all depends if Giannis can play, otherwise it will be an easy Ind victory. Although Milwaukee were really bad lately, I sort of still believe in them.
Cle - Orl: Cle in 6. Orlando had great regular season but they are young and inexperienced. Cleveland should be much better

West:
OKC-Pels: OKC in 5. I am just not a NO believer, really surprised they beat Sacramento.
Den-LAL: Denver in 6. I think LAL will give more of a fight than last season, but Denver is a much better team. 
MIn-Pho: Phoenix in 5. Can't see Minny twin tower line-up defend Phoenix shooting. 
LAC-Dal: Dallas in 6. This is me writing as if Kawhi will be playing, which seems less likely with every day, unless Clippers are bluffing full time. Clippers were very Jekyll and Hyde like through season and it is difficult to say who they really are. I am affraid they have a gear or two in reserve, especially in the first round.
Like Reply
BOS in 4
NYK in 7
IND in 6
CLE in 5

OKC in 4
DEN in 5
MIN in 7
DAL in 6
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 02:47 PM)omahen Wrote: What do you think now that first round pairs are set and first game almost over? My predictions

East
Bos - Mia: Boston in 4. They are just a much better team. Perhaps Miami steals one.
NY - Phi: Phi in 7. It all depends how ready Embiid is. If he can go full strength, I think Philly is a better team
Mil - Ind: Mil in 7. It all depends if Giannis can play, otherwise it will be an easy Ind victory. Although Milwaukee were really bad lately, I sort of still believe in them.
Cle - Orl: Cle in 6. Orlando had great regular season but they are young and inexperienced. Cleveland should be much better

West:
OKC-Pels: OKC in 5. I am just not a NO believer, really surprised they beat Sacramento.
Den-LAL: Denver in 6. I think LAL will give more of a fight than last season, but Denver is a much better team. 
MIn-Pho: Phoenix in 5. Can't see Minny twin tower line-up defend Phoenix shooting. 
LAC-Dal: Dallas in 6. This is me writing as if Kawhi will be playing, which seems less likely with every day, unless Clippers are bluffing full time. Clippers were very Jekyll and Hyde like through season and it is difficult to say who they really are. I am affraid they have a gear or two in reserve, especially in the first round.

Boston in 5, because Spoelstra is a crazy good coach and will wring out a win.
NY in 6.
Ind in 5. Are you kidding me? Indiana beat them 4-0 in the regular season, has Rick coaching vs. the hapless Rivers on the other side, and Giannis is out to start the series? Milwaukee is dooooooooomed.
Cle in 5. Don't much care, because Orl is too young to make noise, and Cleveland's a lame duck team given Mitchell's proclaimed intention to leave.

OKC in 6. Pels seem to be tough for them, but no Zion.
Den in 6, presuming the refs don't completely take over, which should result in riots in every NBA city if it happens. 
Min in 6. I'm befuddled at everyone saying Pho is going to win this given how pathetic they've been this year vs. their talent level, but I would looooooove to be proven wrong. I know that some disagree, but to me, Minnesota is our toughest matchup outside the Celtics - even worse than Denver.
Dal in 6. 5 if Kawhi is out the whole series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I suck with predictions.

East:
BOS/MIA- I think I have to go with Boston in 6. But Miami is going to make this interesting. They always do. If they had Butler I'd actually lean towards an upset but alas, injuries suck.

NY/PHI- This one can go either way. Really a toss up. On paper, PHI should beat NYK. They were one of the best 4 teams in the entire league before Embiid's injury. But since Embiid always chokes, I will begrudgingly go with NYK in 5.

MIL/IND- The Bucks look bad. Real bad. The only bright spot has been Giannis. And now he's out for at least another week. But IND doesn't defend. And defense matters. So MIL in 7.

CLE/ORL- I know its kind of cheating since they've already played a game but I don't see how ORL can score enough to actually win a playoff game. But their defense is good enough to keep them in it for at least 2/3 games. So CLE in 6.

West:

OKC/PEL- This is a tossup which is weird to say for a 1-8 matchup.....is what I would say if Zion was healthy. He isn't. Sadly OKC dodges a bullet. I think OKC in 5.

DEN/LAL- Lakers have been talking so much about how this series is going to be DIFFERENT. Unfortunately, their team is worse than last year and Denver is still well... Denver. DEN in 4.

LAC/DAL- I am so biased here. I can't in good conscious give a reasonable prediction. If Kawhi is truly out, then the Mavs could maybe possibly be favored...? The Clips have had the Mavs number the last 2 playoff series. So many pundits are bandwagoning the Mavs which makes me even more uneasy. Call it PTMD (post traumatic Mavs Disorder). I want to say Mavs in 6. Lets hope I'm right!

MIN/PHX- This is going to probably be one of the most entertaining series in the playoffs. This is the one team PHX has destroyed in the regular season. MIN on paper has the tools to guard 2 of Booker/Durant/Beal, but if PHX goes 5 out with Durant at the center, I don't see how MIN can play Gobert who has been so key to their success. As much as I hate to say it, I think PHX pulls through. PHX in 7.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
BOS in 4
NYK in 6
IND in 5
CLE in 5

OKC in 5
DEN in 5
MIN in 5
DAL in 5
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 03:36 PM)Fif Wrote: BOS in 5
NYK in 6