Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss
JG -10....JM -9. 

Luka +14....CW +11.
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:41 PM)cow Wrote: Over/Under on THJ making it past the trade deadline?

One (maybe two) leadership council members shouldn´t make it past the deadline. And it´s obviously not Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still trying to turn DFS into playmaker. Doesn´t hurt to try it in a preseason game but at this I have given up.

Terrible pass but he was running the break with the clock winding down.  I'm not sure he's going to be a playmaker but he can use his elite outside shooting for drives to the basket.

(10-07-2022, 08:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: One (maybe two) leadership council members shouldn´t make it past the deadline. And it´s obviously not Luka.

Kidd has to hate his perimeter defense.  It's his first game in a long ass time so I'm not trying to be critical, but like Josh Green, they just don't look like they fit when they are the floor no matter who their teammates are.
Like Reply
Dinwiidie was strangely quiet.  I wonder as a guy who has battled knee injuries if he was a little shook that his push may have caused a serious knee injury?
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I really like this because that bench unit should demolish most benches.

Agree.  Key is finding someone good enough at 5th starter to push Dinwiddie to the bench.  I though him coming off the bench made so much sense of the rotation.  Note Hardy got the “Powell” treatment (six minutes to start the half and didn’t return).  That also helps make the rotation work.

Interesting thought exercise.  Double everyone’s minutes.  Who seems off?

Luka 34
DFS 30
Wood 28
Bullock 28
Hardaway 28
Maxi 24
Dinwiddie 22
McGee 20
Hardy 12
Green 12

Dinwiddie will get more than 22.  Otherwise?  I doubt Hardy keeps that slot to start the season, but I could see something like that at some point.  Maybe Green gets six of the Hardy minutes and Spencer gets the other six.  That would make a ton of sense if Green (or Hardy) could be competent enough to grab that six minute slot to start the game.
Green 12
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:48 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Dinwiidie was strangely quiet.  I wonder as a guy who has battled knee injuries if he was a little shook that his push may have caused a serious knee injury?

I don't remember him getting a lot of touches but he kind of felt like he was trying to get other involved.
Like Reply
Maxi
Wood
Luka
Timmy
SD
Was a fun lineup except Tim couldn't hit a shot.  Bad free agent.  Smile
Like Reply
I like it, running the offense through Wood again. So far it's been working.
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:49 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Interesting thought exercise.  Double everyone’s minutes.  Who seems off?

Hardaway 28

I'm kind of reminded of the latest Cowboy's QB controversy.  Is Dak better than Rush?  Probably.  Is their gap in play anywhere near the gap in their paychecks?  Probably not.  Is Rush better for the team.  Maybe?  

Do the Mavs really like Hardy?  Maybe.  Can Hardy provide a lot of what THJ offers?  Maybe.  Can Hardy catch fire like THJ occasionally does?  Probably not yet.  Is THJ better right now?  For sure.  

I think Hardy needs consistent minutes.  He already looks comfortable and confident.  Reward that with minutes and develop him.  If that eats into Tim's minutes, so be it.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • AgGiE1991, DanSchwartzgan, MFFL
Like Reply
Hardy to Green ooooooop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
There you go Josh.  

He needs to find a way to not be a zero on offense.  Before that dunk he was.  Pretty disappointing performance so far.  Let’s see if this gets him going.
Like Reply
Way to keep your eyes up, Hardy.
Like Reply
Hardy with that THJ-like defense.  Josh pressing.
Like Reply
Third playmaker casting isn´t looking promising. Green is making some plays in transition. Still looks helpless in half court offense. Hardy is a chucker (good or bad...to be defined) and just looks for his own shot.
Lets see if Frank has something to offer.
Like Reply
Wood owns Wagner.  There is your 3rd playmaker.  Smile
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 09:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Third playmaker casting isn´t looking promising. Green is making some plays in transition. Still looks helpless in half court offense. Hardy is a chucker (good or bad...to be defined) and just looks for his own shot.
Lets see if Frank has something to offer.

I wonder if a Hardaway/Green trade package can get us that third playmaker a little closer to the deadline
Like Reply
Wright is a pest on defense.  So much hustle.  If he keeps messing around like this he might end up on our roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
Dorsey needs to stand out in this lineup.
Like Reply
The best part of this JAG lineup is Powell is anchoring it showing us all his place in the hierarchy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 09:13 PM)cow Wrote: Wright is a pest on defense.  So much hustle.  If he keeps messing around like this he might end up on our roster.

Wright reminds me of a Kris Dunn type player. If he could shoot he'd probably be on someone's roster already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • cow
Like Reply