Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss
Hardy's energy shows up on the bench.

Tim with a nice drive but his defense is as I remember it.  Was kind of upset we haven't gotten him more involved.  Nice pick by Tim on that inbound play.

Not super impressed with our defensive rebounding when Wood/Maxi share the court.
Like Reply
I don't miss JB at all yet. IF Luka or SD go out with an extended injury, I probably will. But I am liking the flow and rotations so far. Curious to see how the team looks without Luka in the 2nd quarter.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...2755278848
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't miss JB at all yet. IF Luka or SD go out with an extended injury, I probably will. But I am liking the flow and rotations so far. Curious to see how the team looks without Luka in the 2nd quarter.

We'll certainly miss JB when Luka and SD miss time but I don't think he and Luka starting together are a great tandem.  That's in no way excuses our handling of his contract.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't miss JB at all yet. IF Luka or SD go out with an extended injury, I probably will. But I am liking the flow and rotations so far. Curious to see how the team looks without Luka in the 2nd quarter.

Seems like he is living the dream. Main ballhandler and free to chuck away on a mediocre Knicks team. Wouldn´t be suprised if he averages 22-25pts this season.
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:09 PM)cow Wrote: I don't think he and Luka starting together are a great tandem

I feel like Luka and JB are just better off apart, they did not maximize each other at all. And both defensive liabilities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Another offensive rebound for the Magic with Maxi/Wood sharing the floor.

Great find by THJ.
Like Reply
Wood returning the find to THJ who can't finish.   Great pass though.

Get buckets Woods.
Like Reply
Maybe it is just reward for Hardy playing well in the first game, but I wonder whether this is actually the early regular season rotation:

Doncic/Dinwiddie
Hardy/THJ
DFS/Green
Bullock/Kleber
McGee/Wood

Mavs have a lot of damage to repair with agents, when it comes to their draft reputation, so starting a less-heralded rookie would be something new.  Also this would suddenly turn a weakness into a strength, cause that bench suddenly looks loaded.

Also Mo Bamba been pretty poor in pre-season, clearly saved himself for the hometown audition. Tongue
Like Reply
THJ Hero Ball is back!
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Doncic/Dinwiddie
Hardy/THJ
DFS/Green
Bullock/Kleber
McGee/Wood

I really like this because that bench unit should demolish most benches.
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:17 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maybe it is just reward for Hardy playing well in the first game, but I wonder whether this is actually the early regular season rotation:

Doncic/Dinwiddie
Hardy/THJ
DFS/Green
Bullock/Kleber
McGee/Wood

Mavs have a lot of damage to repair with agents, when it comes to their draft reputation, so starting a less-heralded rookie would be something new.  Also this would suddenly turn a weakness into a strength, cause that bench suddenly looks loaded.

Also Mo Bamba been pretty poor in pre-season, clearly saved himself for the hometown audition. Tongue

Can't help but wonder how good this team would be if we had Brunson in this lineup instead of Hardy
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:19 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: THJ Hero Ball is back!

That's my way too early overreaction.  He's done a few nice things and would certainly look better if his shot was falling but he's still a turnstile on defense and had that stupid drive that got swatted when Orlando had numbers.
Like Reply
(10-07-2022, 08:20 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Can't help but wonder how good this team would be if we had Brunson in this lineup instead of Hardy

Something I have seen from Hardy that I almost never saw from JB: immediate aggression. JB would ball stop and bring the ball back out and reset the offense. Hardy has been ready to launch and attack. That is MUCH better next to Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MFFL
Like Reply
Beal 2.0 >>> Fred Sanford
Like Reply
McGee!
Like Reply
UGLY 2nd quarter.
Like Reply
McGee trying to do too much.  Tim playing mad.
Like Reply
Over/Under on THJ making it past the trade deadline?
Like Reply
Still trying to turn DFS into playmaker. Doesn´t hurt to try it in a preseason game but at this I have given up.
Like Reply