Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
@"hakeemfaan" I agree with you about the type of player Hardy is, and that it’s a type the rotation needs more of. While he’s close to being ready, and clearly going to get there (I have no doubt about that) I don’t agree that the need for that type trumps the need to have 100% of the rotation be more experienced right now, as the team desperately attempts to integrate Irving and get the ship righted in time to salvage the season. 

I think a conversation could be had about whether or not going all in on this season was any type of sane choice, and a more patient, better approach might have been to add a YOUNG player or two and see what mixing them into the rotation (while continuing to play Hardy) might’ve set up for next year. But, I don’t think it’s debatable that going all in is the choice they made, and there’s no taking it back. 

Now that Irving is here, the only way forward is to get the team playing good basketball. Now. That means bringing Hardy along a little more slowly. It just does. I still think he’ll be in the rotation by this time next year.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by KillerLeft - 03-12-2023, 07:27 PM