Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(03-12-2023, 09:45 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I like his fearlessness but dislike his selfishness.

So far...I see a future THJ in this kid as far as "gotta get mine" goes.

I cant stand that style of basketball in todays NBA.  Its so 90's Hero-ball when the game has evolved into a much more intelligent game...yet we still have guys stuck in the past ball-hogging or making bad decisions dribbling or shot selection.

You dont have to waste your time trying to talk it away as "but everyone else is timid...we need aggression"...its about decisions and shot selection for me.

This term of hero ball is the most overused cliche.  The NBA has always been about stars whether it is in the 90s or now. If you don’t have unselfish 3 and D glue guys like DFS or Josh Green, you won’t win anything.  If you have 5 unselfish 3 and D guys like that you still won’t win anything. 

You need creators and the pure PG model went out a long time ago. With a creator who can score the key is they have to always walk that fine line of scoring vs passing.  It is never going to be a perfect balance that you or I will agree upon. If they pass in a key situation they will get blamed for not taking the shot If they miss, they will get blamed for not passing.  However this type of decision making needs time and actual playing time to develop. Luka is in year 5 and still shows a lot of selfishness with the ball despite his assist stats. Let this kid get some time. He was a PG in school and his ability to pass was not questioned. D League gets you into some bad habits. Give him time. 

The THJ comparison by the way is way off. THJ was never a shot creator for himself or for others. Hardy has the ability to do both. If year 3 after getting a good amount of playing time, he is doing the same, then I will come over to your side.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • audiosway, MFFL, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by hakeemfaan - 03-12-2023, 11:08 AM