Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(02-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: He´s also too small to be a SG. As you say it´s the decision-making process of when to stop for a pull-up jumper, when to drive to the rim, when to shoot the three, when to pass. He can do all those things. He has the ball-handling skills and court vision. Biggest question is whether he´ll have the shooting part. Right now, he´s in the puppy stage, where bad overall shooting is expected- If he can figure that out, he´s a score first PG. He ain´t no SG.

Green is a SG. Everybody likes to pretend he´s a SF and I don´t get it. He´s 6´5, super-fast and can handle the ball sufficiently. What exactly makes him a SF? But that is perfectly fine on the Mavs. Defensively Irving is the PG, Green is the SG and Luka is the SF/PF, depending which is worse offensively on the other team.

I disagree that he's too small, and generally think that's a limiting thought process. I think a player's skill set determines his position. 

But, I'll agree that in order to play the 2, he'll need some overlap in skills. I think we can call him a combo guard, at least. Maybe that's what you mean by "score first PG"...but, that's literally all PG's now. It's not really a thing anymore, if I understand what you're defining. 

If he is to be a starter, he's going to need to be an off-ball player, imo. Maybe he plays some PG with the 2nd unit, which is great! There's a loooooong history of very successful players who fit that description, and I, personally, would call them all SGs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by KillerLeft - 02-08-2023, 07:42 PM