Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(02-08-2023, 03:03 PM)Smitty Wrote: To explain my definition of raw when I use it for what I see in Hardy.

His pace is bad at times. In a hurry at times which gets him in trouble with his ball handling in traffic. He has a lot of confidence when shooting but handling the ball, he does not. Also, he can’t seem to play defense without fouling which is normal for young players.

Right now he is a shooting guard in every sense of the traditional definition which is ok. Just that he has a lot of work to do if he wants to become more than that some day.

I think he’ll get there.

I don’t think “more than a SG” is or should be a goal of his. 

Agree on the pace…kind of agree on the handles, but THAT is due to pace and driving into areas he shouldn’t. Decision making, to me. Not a question of the tried and true dribble moves he’s clearly worked on the way a typical 26-year old pro has, but rather a question of when and where it’s a good idea to use them. It’s all big-picture, mental stuff with him, imo, and not the usual “you actually aren’t as practiced with these skills as you thought you were, now that we’re at a new level” stuff you typically see.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by KillerLeft - 02-08-2023, 03:13 PM