Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(01-08-2023, 01:43 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I am sure there is an element of Luka wanting to win asap and an even stronger element of Mavs needing to put players around Luka asap before that next contract...

But Luka is young.  Why trade off Green and Hardy and Wood.  I think Wood will experience some major blow-back in the Playoffs...but I have super high hopes for him and think his touch around the rim is super hard to find plus he has a 3 shot.  I would not trade Wood unless its a sure fire All-Star coming back.  But yeah...Green, Hardy(if he continues to show promise) and Wood should be keepers unless its an All-Star not older than 28.

Anyway...with the attention Luka draws and shooters for spacing....Hardy should have some open lanes to waltz down.

I am nervous because I don't quite trust the MBT to make smart decisions. I think they could very well panic into getting fleeced for someone who isn't THE guy (Bogdanovic for example). Hopefully not, but I'm still unsure as I'm undecided on Nico, plus how much more influence Cuban now has vs Nellie. I'm just hoping Hardy gets enough opportunities between now and the point they decide to pull the trigger on any trade to raise his value in their eyes to the point where it's out of the question to put him an a deal for a player of that caliber. Green and Wood are different stories IMO. Green because I think the Mavs value him correctly, particularly because I think Kidd values defense, and Wood because they would probably have a good idea as to whether he has interest in staying in Dallas or not, and if they believe he's not, a trade is going to be better than him walking for nothing, even if the return is not quite what you would want. I just hope either they can swing a trade for an all star level player or he does have genuine interest in staying in Dallas.

(01-08-2023, 06:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'll say this much, for as good as Hardy has played, I still get the sense that he's jittery out there.

Once he settles and gets the NBA iq he's going to be a good player.

He does, but people forget how pedestrian Brunson looked his rookie season. I thought he was absolutely JAG, he was undersized, bad on defense, and could not create his own shot at all, was night and day how timid he was compared to what he is now. Hardy already looks a lot better than rookie season Brunson IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Dundalis - 01-08-2023, 10:41 PM