Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(01-06-2023, 11:39 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1611398603553050631

I don't believe this at all, at least not in the way it's being offered. I think it's front office spin, offering up a non-financial fan-friendly explanation for a pure money move, but not necessarily the real or whole story.

As I see it, Walker was waived based on a conclusion that his knees didn't make him dependable enough for Cuban to want to guarantee the minimum salary. It's a long time from now for his knees to hold up to be available in the playoffs. The timing was exactly when they were forced to make that all-or-none money decision, so they made it.

So I don't think it was an endorsement of the progress of Hardy or Wright at all. Hopefully one, the other, or both can make a contribution, but if neither gets any particular bump in minutes or role, or if the Mavs make moves cycling other guard help through here instead, don't be surprised.

It's also not impossible that the Mavs might bring back Walker right before the end of the season, if he hasn't latched on somewhere else before then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by F Gump - 01-06-2023, 01:59 PM