Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(01-06-2023, 12:04 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: I’d be really hesitant to include him in any deals until we see more.

I agree. It's really possible that he becomes the type of piece we are desperately hoping they can find in one of these trades. I think 6th man is only a couple of steps up from his floor and his ceiling is All Star. 

Ball-handlers who are good enough to create shots for themselves in the midrange to justify taking the analytics hit and allowing them are one of the new arms races, imo. That makes your offense so much more diverse and less predictable. It's essentially how Luka has been able to continue elevating his level of play these past couple of seasons. It's how Brunson got himself paid. It's what has kept CP3 and Lillard relevant for this long. It's what had some ready to give a role to Kemba Walker after one game. When you see someone who can do that, you notice and you want to see it more. Neither Dinwiddie or Hardaway have much of that in their games at all, and really, it's kind of rare in the game right now. It's why I would've gone much higher than the NY offer to keep Brunson, but...oh well. 

Hardy has that - he's a three-level scorer. An inexperienced one, but a three-level scorer. If they can get him to a place where he can be counted on to play an actual rotation role on a good team by, say...this time next year? To me, that's potentially a difference making development.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by KillerLeft - 01-06-2023, 12:12 PM