Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(12-08-2022, 02:14 AM)F Gump Wrote: Frankly, I understood Kidd to be saying exactly the opposite of this, with an acknowledgment that he does get it, and that he does have intentionality to see that Hardy does get those needed minutes, in the right way. But FOR RIGHT NOW, and speaking to the online coaches who think they know all, he made sure to mention and justify whatever limitation in right-this-second minutes he the coach thinks necessary (because, he is the coach, not everyone else, and he is tasked with coaching to maximize 15, not 1).

I mean, he did say something to the effect of "things happen, people get sick or injured, but we've been healthy" and belabored that point a bit, implying that EVERYONE would get a chance to play, but he said "Jaden has to wait" and "ask Josh" about 5 times. I honestly don't know how you got "exactly the opposite" out of that, frankly. 

I do agree that part of his motivation was just to imply that he doesn't care what twitter thinks and that making that point was aided by pushing back against this, specific group-think request.

I guess I would add that what I think you mean by "minutes" isn't what some are asking for, I don't think. People seem to expect that he gets into the rotation, which I personally don't think has much of a chance barring 1-2 major injuries or some huge shakeup. I can see it next year because I'm a big fan of the kid.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE HARDY BOY: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by KillerLeft - 12-08-2022, 02:23 AM