Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$17.2M to DAL | will indeed start at center
@SleepingHero You do realize that we can look at your posts from the last few weeks. Telling us that your last post is extremly dishonest. Just going through this thread. Not even looking at the hyperbol in other threads.

Quote:Are we going to forget this nugget by Jake Fischer? Of course things change... But the Mavs literally hold all the leverage here. JB wants to get paid. He wants to win. Knicks can't offer the best of either. All of these tweets just sound like posturing from reporters with their Knick contacts because they have to keep them happy to stay plugged in. This also works in their favor for content generation. Fans for the Mavs are now going to read every detail of their articles because of their open ended tweets about JB and the Knicks.

Even Steins quote if the Knicks can clear room they are a "threat". Sure they are a "threat for Brunson." But its of the same vein as North Korea threatening the USA with military might. I'm sure they believe they have a chance, but when push comes to shove, USA wins that battle every time if they had to focus. 

Mavs are in the driver seat. As long as they aren't drunk this should end with a 12:01 am signing of Brunson and we all move on and laugh at the Knicks draft moves tonight.

Quote:Jalen hitting those Dirk fades gives me such joy. He really is a combination of Nash and Dirk, with a hint of CP3/Deron Williams. 

Pay the man Cubes.

Quote:I mean cutting through all the BS negotiation talk this is all that matters. Brunson wanted to stay here and resign even after not getting offered the extension in the summer. 

If anything Nico did him a favor (and not the Mavs). Makes me think as long as the Mavs offer a competitive contract, I.E 5/120, then he'll be back here no question.

Quote:I don't agree actually. I think Brunson's ability to shrink his game playing next to Luka while still being effective makes him a unicorn. How many guys in the league can go from averaging 17ppg to 32 a night when called upon and then go right back to averaging 17 because it's what the team needs?

When you got Luka Doncic, we don't need Brunson to score anything more than 17-20 a night on efficient shooting. But his ability to step up in the absence of Doncic consistently and make sure the team doesn't skip a beat is why he'd be worth close to the max.

Quote:I never would have called Brunson becoming a 30ppg scorer coming into the playoffs.

That's max money worthy easily.

Sometimes it helps to be confronted with your own takes. Tell me. Do you see a difference between your evaluation of Brunson before and after he decided to leave?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: McGee to DAL - by KillerLeft - 06-30-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: FA: McGee to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 06-30-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee to DAL - by Kammrath - 06-30-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee to DAL - by MrGoat - 06-30-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: FA: Javale McGee to DAL - by Fuerza1 - 06-30-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee to DAL - by cow - 06-30-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$20M to DAL - by omahen - 06-30-2022, 06:45 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$20.1M to DAL - by cow - 06-30-2022, 06:46 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$20.1M to DAL - by cow - 06-30-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: FA: JaVale McGee 3yrs/$20.1M ($17.2M?) to DAL | expects to start at center? - by dirkfansince1998 - 07-01-2022, 01:57 AM