Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(02-17-2023, 02:25 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: That´s just seven months, could be seven years of somebody trying to convince you that Dwight Powell is really better than multiple All-Star PF/Cs, because he has such great advanced stats. Wink Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7vzg85rw2gn5qkhpua4...y.gif&ct=g]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
https://twitter.com/The_BBall_Index/stat...5_F7TGEL1g&s=19

biggest surprise to me is how high up Pat Bev is on the chart. Makes me wonder why the Mavs aren't going after him and cutting Frank.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
(02-18-2023, 02:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/The_BBall_Index/stat...5_F7TGEL1g&s=19

biggest surprise to me is how high up Pat Bev is on the chart. Makes me wonder why the Mavs aren't going after him and cutting Frank.

Fake chart. No way Dwight the defensive juggernaut could be in the negative in any category. We all know he puts the clamps on. Most switchable big in the league!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
(02-18-2023, 03:02 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Fake chart. No way Dwight the defensive juggernaut could be in the negative in any category. We all know he puts the clamps on. Most switchable big in the league!

Right next to Brook Lopez, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green and Myles Turner. It´s almost like bigs aren´t looking good in metrics that are isolating on-ball defense. Even if they have decent mobility.

If you are interested in defensive stats and metrics...

Pick and roll defense ballhandler

Powell 83.2 percentile
Wood 7.2 pecentile

Pick and roll defense roll man

Powell 54.6 percentile
Wood 17.6 percentile

Post up defense

Powell 75.5 percentile
Wood 12.5 percentile

Isolation defense

Wood 78.5 percentile
Powell 37.4 percentile
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
(02-18-2023, 03:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Right next to Brook Lopez, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green and Myles Turner. It´s almost like bigs aren´t looking good in metrics that are isolating on-ball defense. Even if they have decent mobility.

If you are interested in defensive stats and metrics...

Pick and roll defense ballhandler

Powell 83.2 percentile
Wood 7.2 pecentile

Pick and roll defense roll man

Powell 54.6 percentile
Wood 17.6 percentile

Post up defense

Powell 75.5 percentile
Wood 12.5 percentile

Isolation defense

Wood 78.5 percentile
Powell 37.4 percentile

Amazing how constructive posts can come from replying to troll posts. Yin and Yang.
(02-18-2023, 02:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/The_BBall_Index/stat...5_F7TGEL1g&s=19

Interesting chart. Kind of confirms what I was afraid of with Grant in that he's noticeably worse than DFS on ball. I wonder if Avdija or Patrick Williams could be available this offseason going into the last year of their rookie deals.
@"KillerLeft"

Was it you that was talking about PJ Washington at center? If so, pitch it to me.
(02-18-2023, 07:15 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: @"KillerLeft"

Was it you that was talking about PJ Washington at center? If so, pitch it to me.

Yes.

Ok, I like Washington at center. Moves his feet, plays with a high motor. Runs the floor. 

That’s the pitch.
(02-18-2023, 11:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yes.

Ok, I like Washington at center. Moves his feet, plays with a high motor. Runs the floor. 

That’s the pitch.

PJ at C?  Dude is 6'7''.  He's small for a 4.  Come on now!  I like PJ, but we need some size to stop this parade to the rim and shore up rebounding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
(02-18-2023, 11:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yes.

That’s the pitch.

I’m in fellow small ball connoisseur!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Could Wood’s current situation be that there has been a sign and trade agreement for after the season is over? A Wood for Washington swap kind of makes sense for both teams.
(02-18-2023, 03:02 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Fake chart. No way Dwight the defensive juggernaut could be in the negative in any category. We all know he puts the clamps on. Most switchable big in the league!

What's worse, that Dwight is negative on the chart, or that Wood isn't even listed 

https://media.giphy.com/media/fBG7UnBi7Q.../giphy.gif
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
https://twitter.com/NBA_University/statu...9904565251
  • BigDirk41
(02-19-2023, 03:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: What's worse, that Dwight is negative on the chart, or that Wood isn't even listed 

https://media.giphy.com/media/fBG7UnBi7Q.../giphy.gif
So you know who all the unamed dots are and can confirm that none of them is CWood?

Which one is he then?
(02-19-2023, 08:38 PM)WillE Wrote: So you know who all the unamed dots are and can confirm that none of them is CWood?

Which one is he then?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7tyicyr39tl4mgy2q7b...y.gif&ct=g]
(02-19-2023, 09:22 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7tyicyr39tl4mgy2q7b...y.gif&ct=g]
Why so unserious?

I just don't want to come here to bash players without any substance...
(02-19-2023, 08:38 PM)WillE Wrote: So you know who all the unamed dots are and can confirm that none of them is CWood?

Which one is he then?

(02-19-2023, 09:34 PM)WillE Wrote: Why so unserious?

I just don't want to come here to bash players without any substance...

I'm sure Wood is on there (prob near the bottom Tongue ). I was just making a playful jab and wasn't really going out of my way on making a real critique on Wood. If you want to read that, there's like 65 pages of it in the CWood thread  Wink .
Looking at the past few major acquisitions for the Mavs and it seems they are targeting distressed assets.  One reason for that is because they have mismanaged their own assets so incompetently that the trade war chest is practically non-existent.  A second reason is perhaps Cuban finally admitted to himself that he isn't some master recruiter and Dallas isn't a FA destination.

- The trade for KP came together quickly and the Mavs got a unicorn with big health red flags and an impending contract situation.

- The trade for CWood brought in a guy who had good looking box scores but wasn't a priority for two loser franchises that got to experience him up close and personal.

- The trade for Kyrie came together quickly after his trade demand.  We all know the red flags that come with Kai and the impending contract situation.

So, what players this offseason could fit into that distressed asset category?  Any of the below guys?  Anybody move the needle?  Any of them come with attached assets to get off money?

The Top 10 Picks:
Anthony Davis
John Collins
Lonzo Ball
Ben Simmons
Jonathan Isaac

The Hornets:
Gordon Hayward
Terry Rozier
Jason Kidd coaching Miles Bridges...I'm sure Cynt would love to spin that one!

Overpaid shooters that come with an asset (in case THJ and Bertans are lonely!):
Joe Harris
Duncan Robinson
Evan Fournier
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • SleepingHero
(02-21-2023, 01:09 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: So, what players this offseason could fit into that distressed asset category?  Any of the below guys?  Anybody move the needle?  Any of them come with attached assets to get off money?

Good analysis and I agree there seems to be a trend where the Mavs are swooping in as psuedo market makers and buying up distressed assets although not necessarily rehabbing any sort of value lol.

To add to your list, I'd keep an eye on Clint Capela. Hawks have Okongwu angling for minutes and Capela's health has been a huge let down. In fact we can stay with the Hawks theme and throw in Bogdanovic as well. 

Draymond Green is another player I think will be on the move this summer. I think Portland will go after him pretty hard too. I hope the Mavs find a way to convince him to hitch a ride here because I think his leadership is exactly the spice the Mavs are missing.

Buddy Hield was dangled in trades the entire summer last year so I can see the Pacers trying again this year, although I wouldn't call him a distressed asset. 

Someone sneaky that isn't necessarily in rumors but I think is available is Lu Dort. OKC is going to have 15 bajillion picks coming up, along with Chet Holmgren. Rookie Jaylen Williams is starting to blossom a bit for them and he plays the same position as Dort. I can easily see OKC trading Dort for some vets instead of picks to go and compete next season.
  • MaxiThreeba
(02-21-2023, 02:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Good analysis and I agree there seems to be a trend where the Mavs are swooping in as psuedo market makers and buying up distressed assets although not necessarily rehabbing any sort of value lol.

To add to your list, I'd keep an eye on Clint Capela. Hawks have Okongwu angling for minutes and Capela's health has been a huge let down. In fact we can stay with the Hawks theme and throw in Bogdanovic as well. 

Draymond Green is another player I think will be on the move this summer. I think Portland will go after him pretty hard too. I hope the Mavs find a way to convince him to hitch a ride here because I think his leadership is exactly the spice the Mavs are missing.

Buddy Hield was dangled in trades the entire summer last year so I can see the Pacers trying again this year, although I wouldn't call him a distressed asset. 

Someone sneaky that isn't necessarily in rumors but I think is available is Lu Dort. OKC is going to have 15 bajillion picks coming up, along with Chet Holmgren. Rookie Jaylen Williams is starting to blossom a bit for them and he plays the same position as Dort. I can easily see OKC trading Dort for some vets instead of picks to go and compete next season.

The Hawks could make sense as a SnT destination for CWood, with Collins or Capela being in play.

Draymond LOVES Luka.  Would accelerate Hardy's growth to Jordan Poole as Dray could just show up and punch him.

I would love Dort next to Luka, Kyrie and Green if the Mavs could find a defensive anchor in the paint.