Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(09-03-2022, 03:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...6440843265

McGee doesn't play for the Wizards or Nuggets anymore so lumping him in that "list" to bolster your point is amateur hour.
(09-03-2022, 03:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...6440843265

https://c.tenor.com/C9rVxUlKrLIAAAAM/lik...id-eva.gif
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...ork-knicks
(09-04-2022, 07:06 AM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...ork-knicks

Only way that happens is a wink-wink tampering compensation.
I think Cam would be good here. I don’t want to spend much to get him though.
It’s officially another failed off-season guys. Cheers.

https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1566...18112?s=21&t=3u4oEJ6uHZYP1SaLX-fkhA
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
(09-05-2022, 12:46 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: It’s officially another failed off-season guys. Cheers.

https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1566...18112?s=21&t=3u4oEJ6uHZYP1SaLX-fkhA

If it is Schroder I really don´t know what they saw in the last few eurobasket games. Germany is looking better than expected but it´s not because of him. Terrible decision making. Just chucking away. With the expected results. Solid volume numbers (18pts/3reb/7ast) on terrible percentages (34.5% FG, 15.8% from 3).
(09-05-2022, 12:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If it is Schroder I really don´t know what they saw in the last few eurobasket games. Germany is looking better than expected but it´s not because of him. Terrible decision making. Just chucking away. With the expected results. Solid volume numbers (18pts/3reb/7ast) on terrible percentages (34.5% FG, 15.8% from 3).
His percentages are not good, yes. But looking into his career stats, he can do better. And more importantly: he wouldn't be asked to take on the same role as on the NT. He'd have a bench role, in which he already exceled next to Paul. Plus he could be a emergency starter that could at least produce to some extent - assuming he'd have to accept minimum money, that'd be a pretty good value imo.
Well Schroeder Is a better player than Dragic but fit is a big factor.  I had no problem with the fit of Goran here.  In addition, we need another ball handler but minutes are tight if you factor Hardaway for around 30 minutes a night.
(09-05-2022, 01:20 PM)WillE Wrote: His percentages are not good, yes. But looking into his career stats, he can do better. And more importantly: he wouldn't be asked to take on the same role as on the NT. He'd have a bench role, in which he already exceled next to Paul. And he could a emergency starter that could at least produce to some extent - assuming he'd have to accept minimum money, that'd be a pretty good value imo.

That´s the one thing I don´t understand. He had one good season with OKC were he played a lot of minutes next to CP3 and SGA. But prior to that and in the folllowing years he struggled next to other high usage playmakers.
(09-05-2022, 01:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well Schroeder Is a better player than Dragic but fit is a big factor.  I had no problem with the fit of Goran here.  In addition, we need another ball handler but minutes are tight if you factor Hardaway for around 30 minutes a night.

Schroder is a better player if he feels like it. Especially if he is motivated on defense. But there is a reason why he is available at this point in the offseason. Dragic would have been a more "natural" fit on and off the court. Schroder comes with big question marks when it comes to his ego and attitude.
(09-05-2022, 01:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Schroder is a better player if he feels like it. Especially if he is motivated on defense. But there is a reason why he is available at this point in the offseason. Dragic would have been a more "natural" fit on and off the court. Schroder comes with big question marks when it comes to his ego and attitude.

Yeah I can agree with that.  We are scraping at the bottom of the barrel now.  Although I am at the point if you could get Bledsoe, Kemba or Schroeder at the minimum I would be in favor of that than trading for a higher priced veteran. At least it would keep our limited flexibility.  Not sure if there is any higher offers for these types of players though.
(09-05-2022, 01:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s the one thing I don´t understand. He had one good season with OKC were he played a lot of minutes next to CP3 and SGA. But prior to that and in the folllowing years he struggled next to other high usage playmakers.
He played two years in OKC and one next to LeBron, where he also did a good job imo.

He struggeled in Boston only once his role was reduced below the 30ies around January. Then with the rockets his role was also limited. So one could read between the lines that he needs trust to produce. Thus if we want to pick him up, we better have a well defined role for him...
(09-05-2022, 01:41 PM)WillE Wrote: He played two years in OKC and one next to LeBron, where he also did a good job imo.

He struggeled in Boston only once his role was reduced below the 30ies around January. Then with the rockets his role was also limited. So one could read between the lines that he needs trust to produce. Thus if we want to pick him up, we better have a well defined role for him...
I would take him in a heartbeat, but I would actually be pretty surprised if he doesn't choose a team that could offer him a better perspective than us.
Even if we sign Dennis “I don’t pass to Dirk on the national team” Schroder and he plays well, this off-season was still a failure.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
(09-05-2022, 01:58 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Even if we sign Dennis “I don’t pass to Dirk on the national team” Schroder and he plays well, this off-season was still a failure.

In the best case scenario, we could be a better team.

-Schroder + Dorsey approximates what Jalen gave you last year and let's you reduce the wear and tear on Dinwiddie.
-Wood adds a different dimension to the team offensively.
-McGee and Wood add much needed rebounding helping take some load off of Luka.

The first bullet point hasn't happened and would require everything to land perfectly.  How I view the best case scenario for this team is similarly talented but with a way different look but I could also see us being slightly worse.
(09-05-2022, 02:15 PM)cow Wrote: In the best case scenario, we could be a better team.

-Schroder + Dorsey approximates what Jalen gave you last year and let's you reduce the wear and tear on Dinwiddie.
-Wood adds a different dimension to the team offensively.
-McGee and Wood add much needed rebounding helping take some load off of Luka.

The first bullet point hasn't happened and would require everything to land perfectly.  How I view the best case scenario for this team is similarly talented but with a way different look but I could also see us being slightly worse.

Dougie's just butthurt that it looks like Dwight (Dwong) isn't getting traded.

(I'd have to agree that'd be a little disappointing, tbh)
I have no interest in approximating the scoring that was lost with JB. I have 100% interest in stopping the sieve that is the perimeter of our defense. Bullock needs help with defending the point of attack as well. 

Give me Bledsoe over all others since all of them will have to come here for the same price. He can fill in for injury, play low minutes when he’s unnecessary and be a 3rd ball handler if Kidd sees the need.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • mvossman, rocky164
(09-05-2022, 02:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I have no interest in approximating the scoring that was lost with JB. I have 100% interest in stopping the sieve that is the perimeter of our defense. Bullock needs help with defending the point of attack as well. 

Give me Bledsoe over all others since all of them will have to come here for the same price. He can fill in for injury, play low minutes when he’s unnecessary and be a 3rd ball handler if Kidd sees the need.

If we can snag Bledsoe for vet min, that would be pretty good. Color me skeptical that we can do it, though.
(09-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If we can snag Bledsoe for vet min, that would be pretty good. Color me skeptical that we can do it, though.
At this point, not sure what team can/would want to pay more. If he had desire around the league, I would think he’d be snagged by now. I could be wrong, but this is traditionally not the time in the offseason that players get signed for more.