Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(09-15-2022, 06:39 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: No one is butt hurt. 

Either this guy has the mental capacity of an elementary school student or he’s being paid to run a propaganda side. I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.

My apologies…I must of misinterpreted the statement above and can’t comment on the 3 deleted posts.  I will assume they were cordial though.
[-] The following 2 users Like RDB's post:
  • Jmaciscool, mvossman
Schroeder signs one year vet min with LAL. I know there was a mix of opinions on him here, but that's another bailout option gone.
(09-16-2022, 05:06 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Schroeder signs one year vet min with LAL. I know there was a mix of opinions on him here, but that's another bailout option gone.

My Dad always used to say: "Most couples deserve each other"

LAL and Schroeder...
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL, MrGoat
(09-16-2022, 05:57 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: My Dad always used to say: "Most couples deserve each other"

LAL and Schroeder...

Schroeder would have excited me about as much as reuniting with Shane Larkin.

Actually, I'm selling Larkin short there now that I think about it...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Hypermav
Two good moves in a row: extending Kleber and passing on Schroeder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
(09-18-2022, 12:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Two good moves in a row: extending Kleber and passing on Schroeder.

Next noteworthy decision will likely be Green 4th year option, yes or no.
(09-18-2022, 12:43 AM)F Gump Wrote: Next noteworthy decision will likely be Green 4th year option, yes or no.
When is the deadline to make this decision?
(09-18-2022, 12:43 AM)F Gump Wrote: Next noteworthy decision will likely be Green 4th year option, yes or no.

Yes.  He's shown enough progress to be worth the investment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • ballsrchr
(09-19-2022, 09:43 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes.  He's shown enough progress to be worth the investment.
I don’t think he really has yet, but I have my hopes up that he shows it this year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Just spitballing here, but it seems like Hayward could be available or come available if they decide they want to free up some space for next year. He’s injury prone, but he is good, fills a need and can be used as a massive expiring in a trade next year. Offer up Bertans and Dwight on the double.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • ballsrchr, Mavsfan12
(09-19-2022, 11:36 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Just spitballing here, but it seems like Hayward could be available or come available if they decide they want to free up some space for next year. He’s injury prone, but he is good, fills a need and can be used as a massive expiring in a trade next year. Offer up Bertans and Dwight on the double.

If you can get the great Gordon Hayward for only Bertans and Powell, it shouldn't even be a conversation. He would start at the 4 and add an entirely new dimension to the team. He's a three level scorer, an underrated defender and a very underrated playmaker. He'd fit into so many different versions of potential Mavs' lineup configurations. Talk about versatility. 

I think he'd cost more than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavsfan12
(09-19-2022, 11:40 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: If you can get the great Gordon Hayward for only Bertans and Powell, it shouldn't even be a conversation. He would start at the 4 and add an entirely new dimension to the team. He's a three level scorer, an underrated defender and a very underrated playmaker. He'd fit into so many different versions of potential Mavs' lineup configurations. Talk about versatility. 

I’m thinking more of a Harrison Barnes, Porzingis trade scenario. Maybe he gets a couple of minor injuries in the season and they just decide they are done and want to restructure their cap.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Luka - Bullock - Healthy Hayward - DFS - Wood
Dinwiddie as 6th man would be pretty good tho lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Mavsfan12
I hate Hayward but I wouldn't even blink on that trade.  That probably means it is highly unrealistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Mavsfan12
(09-19-2022, 11:40 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: If you can get the great Gordon Hayward for only Bertans and Powell, it shouldn't even be a conversation. He would start at the 4 and add an entirely new dimension to the team. He's a three level scorer, an underrated defender and a very underrated playmaker. He'd fit into so many different versions of potential Mavs' lineup configurations. Talk about versatility. 

So I haven’t paid attention to what he’s been doing for a few years, but this description makes him sound like hasn’t lost much of a step and is close to worth the contract he has. I know that is not the case, but I have only others accounts that he’s got pretty low negative contract value.

The trade for him is for sure a no brainer for us. I’d think at least our 2 available seconds would need to be added if not a first, but with reports that MJ os trying to cut salary, that is a good option for him. Would hate to pay a lot for him just to see him come here and get injured through the playoffs which has been many of his injuries in the past.
Well it appears if a move is made for the last roster spot it it will be minimal move.   So I guess my grade will be official for this offseason as a D.   As a reminder, my offseason grade last year was low as well.  I still think they focused on the edges rather than taking a bigger swing.   But by the end of the year, the play of Bullock made me eat my words a little bit.   He is a real nice fit.   In fact so nice of a fit, I think we may overrate him in our conversations with the roster now.  

So this offseason:
Losing Brunson-  Ouch.  Maybe two years down the road, the Mavs will be proven right.  I just have trouble losing a guy I view as a championship level contributor.   Championship rosters typically have guys who know how to play off each other.    It is difficult to build that level of trust quickly.   

Jaden Hardy draft- I liked this move.  We will see if he turns into the player.  I think he is going to need to be coached hard.  Pretty much broken down and built back up.   It will take a full commitment from Jaden and our developmental staff.    I think you are looking out at least a year from now until you see if he was a good gamble.  

Javele McGee-  I like the salary as I think this is more in line.  But it just feels like a move with little creativity.    Could you find the next Javele who is available close to the minimum?  It feels like if he plays to his level of last year he is worth the contract, but you will not get someone who severely outperforms his contract.   I think I am fine with the player and contract, but just wonder if a more creative option would look better a year from now.

Dorsey- Strong summer for Greece.  I don't have much to add here.  He was a good college player and been pretty good overseas.  At 26, it is probably now or never for him to get another shot in the NBA.  Lets see how he looks.

Two way candidates-  Pretty  lukewarm with their lack of priority in two way guys or camp invites to win the spot.  mcKinley Wright is interesting but will need to get a closer look at him.   

A positive I will give them is they have not made a panic move for short term improvement that limits their future by including their assets.    It is something you always have to worry about Cuban.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr
(09-20-2022, 08:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well it appears if a move is made for the last roster spot it it will be minimal move.   So I guess my grade will be official for this offseason as a D.   As a reminder, my offseason grade last year was low as well.  I still think they focused on the edges rather than taking a bigger swing.   But by the end of the year, the play of Bullock made me eat my words a little bit.   He is a real nice fit.   In fact so nice of a fit, I think we may overrate him in our conversations with the roster now.  

So this offseason:
Losing Brunson-  Ouch.  Maybe two years down the road, the Mavs will be proven right.  I just have trouble losing a guy I view as a championship level contributor.   Championship rosters typically have guys who know how to play off each other.    It is difficult to build that level of trust quickly.   

Jaden Hardy draft- I liked this move.  We will see if he turns into the player.  I think he is going to need to be coached hard.  Pretty much broken down and built back up.   It will take a full commitment from Jaden and our developmental staff.    I think you are looking out at least a year from now until you see if he was a good gamble.  

Javele McGee-  I like the salary as I think this is more in line.  But it just feels like a move with little creativity.    Could you find the next Javele who is available close to the minimum?  It feels like if he plays to his level of last year he is worth the contract, but you will not get someone who severely outperforms his contract.   I think I am fine with the player and contract, but just wonder if a more creative option would look better a year from now.

Dorsey- Strong summer for Greece.  I don't have much to add here.  He was a good college player and been pretty good overseas.  At 26, it is probably now or never for him to get another shot in the NBA.  Lets see how he looks.

Two way candidates-  Pretty  lukewarm with their lack of priority in two way guys or camp invites to win the spot.  mcKinley Wright is interesting but will need to get a closer look at him.   

A positive I will give them is they have not made a panic move for short term improvement that limits their future by including their assets.    It is something you always have to worry about Cuban.
You left out the Wood trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
(09-20-2022, 09:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You left out the Wood trade.

Also not getting another wing, which was their priority before the offseason
(09-20-2022, 09:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You left out the Wood trade.

Oops poor omission by me.  

Wood-  Really like the gamble.  We will see how it works out though.   Never has played heavy minutes for a good team.  Typically this goes one of two ways.  I expect some bumps.   I wasn't expecting him to come off the bench.  Does he respond similar to Wiggins development at Golden State or is he who he is as a guy who puts up stats but doesn't impact winning?  

The D grade I had earlier factored this move already though.
(09-20-2022, 09:13 AM)omahen Wrote: Also not getting another wing, which was their priority before the offseason
Obviously with the McGee signing the rebounding and rim protection was their biggest priority. They did state a need for another wing, but his list is more about the players lost and added than the stated goals. Also, Crowder is being shopped heavily…so there’s still a chance!