Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(06-30-2022, 06:14 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Mavs need Wings more than anything right now after the CW trade. 

As it stands, Bullock and DFS are bound to play 40 mins/night in the playoffs again.

Pray for GPII to add to that defensive rotation.  And Dragic for some more offensive kick on the second unit.
(06-30-2022, 06:14 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Mavs need Wings more than anything right now after the CW trade

I'm not sure about that. If you don't trade Powell now, the Mavs almost certainly will be able to move him at the trade deadline. I can't imagine Powell will be here when the season ends.

And it may be that another wing will either be acquired or traded for in this initial free agency. When Nico says, "we're done" then we can evaluate.
(06-30-2022, 06:23 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not sure about that. If you don't trade Powell now, the Mavs almost certainly will be able to move him at the trade deadline. I can't imagine Powell will be here when the season ends.

And it may be that another wing will either be acquired or traded for in this initial free agency. When Nico says, "we're done" then we can evaluate.

Sure, if a Powell (or Kleber - *gulp*) trade is coming in the near future and they're planning for that eventuality, then this would make a little more sense.
If Powell is going, someone else is too as he'd be little more than salary filler.  My goal for the offseason is to get him out of the rotation.
About Milwaukee and McGee. Didn't they already spent their tax MLE on Ingles? How can they sign McGee for more than minimum?
(06-30-2022, 06:32 PM)cow Wrote: If Powell is going, someone else is too as he'd be little more than salary filler.  My goal for the offseason is to get him out of the rotation.

I think the trade deadline seems more likely now.

BTW.... for all people on this board

if your choice was only GP II or Thybulle? Which one?
(06-30-2022, 06:33 PM)omahen Wrote: About Milwaukee and McGee. Didn't they already spent their tax MLE on Ingles? How can they sign McGee for more than minimum?

More years or guarantees?
(06-30-2022, 06:34 PM)Winter Wrote:  I think the trade deadline seems more likely now.

Thybulle
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Kammrath
(06-30-2022, 06:33 PM)omahen Wrote: About Milwaukee and McGee. Didn't they already spent their tax MLE on Ingles? How can they sign McGee for more than minimum?

BAE?
How much do you think GPII's offense dips not being on GS?
(06-30-2022, 04:50 PM)Tyler Wrote: "With Spencer Dinwiddie in place and Tim Hardaway Jr. due back from injury, Goran Dragic IS a strong eventual target after the Mavs chase wing and front-line depth."

Help me out here.

Luka
Dinwiddie
THJ
Bertans
Wood
DFS
Powell
Bullock
Kleber
Green
Frank
Pinson
Dragic
Hardy (rumored to get a multi-year deal, which means a roster spot)
McGee

That's 15 players.  If Dallas also wants wing help, it means another move has to be made. 

The obvious casualties are either Pinson or Frank. But there could also be a trade lined up.

If they can swap THJ to DET, rolled into the Brunson snt, it opens many doors. Then they are under the apron (opening the door to SNT pursuits for equal/lesser salary) along with massive trade credits to pull some other swap into the deal, or to stash for later.

(06-30-2022, 06:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: BAE?

Taxpayers dont get BAE.

Did they? Too much info flying to keep up with all of it. If their MLE is used elsewhere, then is McGee just a min salary guy?
(06-30-2022, 06:45 PM)F Gump Wrote:  then is McGee just a min salary guy?

No, he's a 3YR 20M guy.  And yes, Jingles did sign with the bucks for 6.something million on a 1YR deal.
So 50+ mil coming of the bench from just three players? I don't think so...

Keith Smith on Twitter: "I guess Dallas runs out: McGee Wood Finney-Smith Bullock Doncic I mean that's a pretty big lineup." / Twitter
(06-30-2022, 06:45 PM)F Gump Wrote: Taxpayers dont get BAE.

Forever alone Cry
(06-30-2022, 06:34 PM)Winter Wrote:  I think the trade deadline seems more likely now.

What’s the cost for each?
Was it you @"DanSchwartzgan" that laid out a Harris+Thuybulle trade for Powell+Bertans?
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Mavsfan12
(06-30-2022, 07:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: What’s the cost for each?

We no longer have money to sign GP2, but I guess we could trade for Thybulle potentially.
Just thinking...does Indiana have any wings under contract who fit the Powell salary?
(06-30-2022, 07:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just thinking...does Indiana have any wings under contract who fit the Powell salary?

If they make a deal with Indiana, I bet it's for Brogdon. Just a hunch though.
(06-30-2022, 07:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If they make a deal with Indiana, I bet it's for Brogdon. Just a hunch though.

Indy needs more cap space if they want to extend a maxish offer to Ayton or Bridges. Moving Brogdon for almost nothing coming back would make that possible. Not sure they want to offer max to those guys though