Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
1st game we’ve won this season with that crew (or at least crew-chief) calling…
Like Reply
[Image: 4jawa0ks1ftc1.jpeg]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 08:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah had we lost that game by 1 point I would've been furious.

That tall bald headed ref always seems to give Luka the softest techs

I really dislike that ball headed ref...
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 11:10 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://nypost.com/2024/04/07/sports/net...time-ever/

DFS plays in front of his father for the first time.

What a fantastic story.  Love me some DFS.
Like Reply
Mavs 5th in NBA and Athletic Power Rankings

https://archive.is/9boFP

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2023-24-week-25
Like Reply
This is probably just my 25+ years of Mavs fan trauma drifting up to the surface, but I'm low-key freaked out by all the praise the team is getting right now.

I can't help but to feel like the other shoe is going to drop soon. Obviously, I hope they keep this up and at least make it to the second round, but they are getting sooooo much good talk nationally at this point that it kind of seems like anything short of a championship result will be used against both Luka and the team, as if it was theirs to lose.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL, omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Mavs, Phoenix, Clippers and NO all play today. Clippers are playing Phoenix and NO is playing in Portland. Best case scenario today is Mavs win and both Pho and NO lose, which would clinch a 5th spot for Mavs. Also ok if Mavs and Phoenix win, as Mavs get within 1 game to Clippers. Go Mavs!
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is probably just my 25+ years of Mavs fan trauma drifting up to the surface, but I'm a low-key freaked out by all the praise the team is getting right now.

I can't help but to feel like the other shoe is going to drop soon. Obviously, I hope they keep this up and at least make it to the second round, but they are getting sooooo much good talk nationally at this point that it kind of seems like anything short of a championship result will be used against both Luka and the team, as if it was theirs to lose.

I think the make-or-break for the Mavs is what it's been all year - health.
Like Reply
I see Josh Green is upgraded to doubtful. A signal of return to action just before the play-off start?
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is probably just my 25+ years of Mavs fan trauma drifting up to the surface, but I'm low-key freaked out by all the praise the team is getting right now.

I with you. One nice (maybe hopeful) thing, though, is that I feel like at least some of the talk is coming from smart basketball people, not just the visible folks who don't really watch games or talk much actual basketball.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 02:08 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs, Phoenix, Clippers and NO all play today. Clippers are playing Phoenix and NO is playing in Portland. Best case scenario today is Mavs win and both Pho and NO lose, which would clinch a 5th spot for Mavs. Also ok if Mavs and Phoenix win, as Mavs get within 1 game to Clippers. Go Mavs!

Todays Game's.         Tomorrows Game's.  This is per ESPN.

WSH @ MIN              MIN @ DEN

DEN @ UT

SAC @ OKC               SA @ OKC

LAC @ PHX                PHX @ LAC

DAL @ CHA              DAL @ MIA

NO @ POR

GS @ LAL
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 02:08 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs, Phoenix, Clippers and NO all play today. Clippers are playing Phoenix and NO is playing in Portland. Best case scenario today is Mavs win and both Pho and NO lose, which would clinch a 5th spot for Mavs. Also ok if Mavs and Phoenix win, as Mavs get within 1 game to Clippers. Go Mavs!

If the Suns can take both games with LAC... and DAL moves to 4th... and the Suns and Lakers end up 7th and 8th... and the rest of the table stays the same.... that would be great. 

MIN, DEN, OKC, DAL, LAC, NOP, PHX, LAL.

Those should be brutal match-ups between MIN vs LAL, DEN vs PHX, and OKC vs NOP, which can soften them up for the Mavericks in the next rounds.
Like Reply
The Suns are without Kawhi tonight and Harden may be out as well.

Kleber questionable for Dallas ... but nothing else thankfully.
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 02:39 PM)omahen Wrote: I see Josh Green is upgraded to doubtful. A signal of return to action just before the play-off start?
Noticed that too.

Seems like he'll be able to get some minutes before Playoffs start - so great news!
Like Reply
Seems like there are a lot of posts suggesting Green may be squeezed out...

That means...

He will have energy to be an absolute dog in the playoffs if his minutes are reduced.

I think the kid is a difference maker if his energy is used wisely. Maybe being on the bubble is a blessing in disguise for this kid. I think he can be an absolute dog to other teams if his tank is managed.
[-] The following 2 users Like youzigizag's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RGP1981
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is probably just my 25+ years of Mavs fan trauma drifting up to the surface, but I'm low-key freaked out by all the praise the team is getting right now.

I’m sure you and many others experience Mavs fan trauma. I refuse to give into that. I feel very capable of handling disappointment if it comes so I’m focused on enjoying the good play by our guys. I would be upset if we weren’t getting recognition which they totally deserve. I’m excited to watch them every night because they are playing good basketball and finding ways to win. 

Go ahead fans. Stay focused one game at a time especially when the playoffs, not the play ins start. We know know we have a chance against any one. You can see our team has a great attitude. Why the well wouldn’t we. 

But then I’m also a life long Hawkeye fan. I’ve been having fun lately.
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 03:16 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: If the Suns can take both games with LAC... and DAL moves to 4th... and the Suns and Lakers end up 7th and 8th... and the rest of the table stays the same.... that would be great. 

MIN, DEN, OKC, DAL, LAC, NOP, PHX, LAL.

Those should be brutal match-ups between MIN vs LAL, DEN vs PHX, and OKC vs NOP, which can soften them up for the Mavericks in the next rounds.

Still wouldn’t be enough because the Clippers own the tiebreaker, they‘d have to lose another game - which should have been the one against the Cavs in which they were trailing by 26 points.

I also think that the Suns would end up 6th if they beat the Clippers twice, but we‘ll see.

Two biggest developments for me these last games concerning our playoff chances:
1.) Will Kawhi return in the regular season? 
2.) Will the Timberwolves be able to win the West, with the crucial game in Denver tomorrow?
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RGP1981
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 05:24 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I’m sure you and many others experience Mavs fan trauma. I refuse to give into that. I feel very capable of handling disappointment if it comes so I’m focused on enjoying the good play by our guys. I would be upset if we weren’t getting recognition which they totally deserve. I’m excited to watch them every night because they are playing good basketball and finding ways to win. 

Go ahead fans. Stay focused one game at a time especially when the playoffs, not the play ins start. We know know we have a chance against any one. You can see our team has a great attitude. Why the well wouldn’t we. 

But then I’m also a life long Hawkeye fan. I’ve been having fun lately.

Yeah yeah...Im the party pooper who doesnt do his own research....

But...if posters are going to discuss stats I use from previous posts...please tell me why those stats were being discussed seriously if they werent accurate...

that being said...

Hard to evaluate this team when there was a stat posted on this site a few weeks ago showing that Mavs play their best lineups very infrequently.   That has changed in the last 2 weeks...but Denver and Boston show their hand for like 800 minutes while we showed ours for barely 100.  Please please please dont talk about mid season trades denting those numbers.   This has been an issue with Mavs for the past 5 seasons.   Its why there is another thread dedicated to saying sorry to Nico and Kidd.   This team is impossible to evaluate when they hardly ever play their strong suit.   Its why this board melts down mid season every year but then "eats crow" the last 1/3rd to 1/4th of the season when Mavs show their extra gear.

Every other Org shows plays their strong players often but the Mavs.   I love the influx of fundamental talent the past year and a half...but I am still very weary of judging this team without much data on the core contributors.

Anyway...I hope Luka takes this team far.  He has taken lesser talent pretty far.   Lets see what happens...but I cant get too excited when the Mavs play their strong suit far less than other teams.
Like Reply
Fitting Green and Lively back into the rotation is the biggest need we have now. Winning is secondary to that one thing. If you do that to the point it makes us better then winning will take care of itself. Just ease them in to start with and the next game blow out the carbon and open up the engine out on the highway to rev it up and test the motor and then you should be good to go add some new spark plugs and an oil change just like new.

THJ is conning us I think but he did okay tonight but Hardy still barely getting any MINS. Those will be harder to get for him after Green comes back.

Luka Trip Dub and Gafford with a huge game as Irving enjoys a coasting game to just relax and get a decent burn and keeping his game tuned up we are pacing it about how I thought we would.

Tomorrow should find MIAMI resting after a double overtime game
Like Reply
I really haven’t paid attention to other teams lately. The recent box scores and the roster on paper shows the Clippers are really good. Since the matchup is almost certain now, how do you see our chances against them?

I really like the Mavs after the trades and I don’t want this season to end short.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply