Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT
(04-03-2024, 06:06 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: How many injuries is that for Lively this year? Guessing that’s why the Mavs wanted to invest in another center.

Gafford for sure has him beat on durability. That is a great reason to have two of them around...at least until Lively's rookie contract is up. Things will get tougher at that point, but I guess that's a problem for another day.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-03-2024, 06:06 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: How many injuries is that for Lively this year? Guessing that’s why the Mavs wanted to invest in another center.

Its hard to blame him because how many of those injuries were just freak accidents? Like WCJr literally forearmed his nose into oblivion on a super dirty play. He's twisted his ankles just by shuffling his feet weird.

This one though concerns me a little. Any non-contact knee injury is not good. Thankfully it's just a sprain and he appeared to be for the most part fine.

But yeah, Lively's durability is a concern.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(04-03-2024, 10:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Its hard to blame him because how many of those injuries were just freak accidents? Like WCJr literally forearmed his nose into oblivion on a super dirty play. He's twisted his ankles just by shuffling his feet weird.

This one though concerns me a little. Any non-contact knee injury is not good. Thankfully it's just a sprain and he appeared to be for the most part fine.

But yeah, Lively's durability is a concern.

Lively appeared to twist his knee when he did that euro step in the paint and kind of got pushed off his spot.

I think that's were he sprained his knee.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-03-2024, 10:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: But yeah, Lively's durability is a concern.

I may be naive/optimistic here, but I don't think his durability is a true concern, or at least not yet. Lively is still a rookie center, hustling and banging around with veteran NBA centers all year. I would assume by this time next year, and definitely by the end of his rookie contract he will have bulked into a more durable NBA body. 

I am hoping this exact knee sprain issue is just the Mavs being extra cautious, and giving the rookie a chance to be fresh for the playoffs. 

It's great to have a player that is good enough to have us have super high expectations for him (including durability), but it's even better that Lively beats our expectations 90% of the time (this seems to be one of the few cases the kid let's us down, even if it's only slightly).
[-] The following 2 users Like HIMAV's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 02:15 AM)Luka77 Wrote: Lively appeared to twist his knee when he did that euro step in the paint and kind of got pushed off his spot.

I think that's were he sprained his knee.

Yeah I also think that's where he sprained it. 

An unlucky thing because he's made that move before. He probably needs to strengthen up over the summer and do a lot of stretches to get his durability up.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 08:55 AM)HIMAV Wrote: I may be naive/optimistic here, but I don't think his durability is a true concern, or at least not yet. Lively is still a rookie center, hustling and banging around with veteran NBA centers all year. I would assume by this time next year, and definitely by the end of his rookie contract he will have bulked into a more durable NBA body. 

I am hoping this exact knee sprain issue is just the Mavs being extra cautious, and giving the rookie a chance to be fresh for the playoffs. 

It's great to have a player that is good enough to have us have super high expectations for him (including durability), but it's even better that Lively beats our expectations 90% of the time (this seems to be one of the few cases the kid let's us down, even if it's only slightly).

I think your mindset is the most positive best outlook. But at the end of the day Lively has missed a lot of time.

At the end of the day though it's hard to bet against him. Every single time I have he's proven me wrong so let's hope that holds true again.
Like Reply
[Image: 1775893877515567515_0.jpg?ex=66213864&is...a3e843641&]
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 11:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: 1775893877515567515_0.jpg?ex=66213864&is...a3e843641&]

Everybody needs Houston to cooperate, lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • myconsumerclub
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 12:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Everybody needs Houston to cooperate, lol

We don‘t - we control our destiny and can secure our play-in spot on our own! Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 12:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Everybody needs Houston to cooperate, lol

This "Clinching" thing I though that had something to do with ones cheeks so if we clinch early instead of late does that mean we are more cheeky or less?
Like Reply
Sounds like Lively will miss most of the regular season. We will need some guys to step up to provide positive minutes in his absence
Like Reply
Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Jason Kidd on Dereck Lively II’s injury:

Says that he is on crutches and isn’t sure if he will be able to return before the regular season is over.

https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1776004552531042588

Really not good news for Lively.
Like Reply
Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Jason Kidd’s hope is that Josh Green plays in “one or two games” before the regular season ends.

Says next week is the target to get him back on the floor.
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 09:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Jason Kidd on Dereck Lively II’s injury:

Says that he is on crutches and isn’t sure if he will be able to return before the regular season is over.

https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1776004552531042588

Really not good news for Lively.

Shit.
Like Reply
Sucks for the Mavs that their best interior defender won’t be able to play for a while, but the silver lining is that all of a sudden that pick swap for Gafford makes a lot more sense. I sure am glad they have him right about now, and to be honest, I don’t think they were going to be able to play both centers very much in the playoffs, anyway. Really think Kleber is going to finish games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 02:48 PM)Knutsen Wrote: We don‘t - we control our destiny and can secure our play-in spot on our own! Wink

It was sarcasm man...
Like Reply
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/4/5/2...yoffs-2024
[-] The following 10 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, michaeltex, mvossman, Reunion Mav, rocky164, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 11:35 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: It was sarcasm man...

From me as well, no worries buddy! :-)
Like Reply
Kyrie won’t get to 65 games so he is ineligible for all nba, but I wonder if he would be getting pub for all nba if he had played 65 games? Especially with his recent stretch. Or would a certain group of national media hold his past troubles against him and not vote for him for that? There are a lot of deserving guys for all nba and guys who deserve it will be left off. I just wonder if Kyrie deserved a spot if he played 65.
Like Reply
@MavsPR
The Mavs are 13-2 in their last 15 games, their best 15-game stretch since the 2010-11 season when Dallas won the NBA title.

Over the span of the last 15 games, Dallas is averaging 116.0 points (49.0 FG%, 37.2 3FG%) while holding their opponents to just 104.9 points per game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply