Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(04-01-2024, 04:17 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Ghost of Podkolzin is pretty ambitious. At Miami is going to be tough, They are fighting to stay out of the play-in. Atlanta beat Boston twice in 3 days. There are winnable games, but it won't be the cakewalk some think..

I'm not going to bet against the Mavs after the last three games. As long as they come with that killer instinct, they aren't losing any of the next seven games. The Thunder may be a rest-Luka-and-Kyrie game if it doesn't have any seeding implications.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 04:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm not going to bet against the Mavs after the last three games. As long as they come with that killer instinct, they aren't losing any of the next seven games. The Thunder may be a rest-Luka-and-Kyrie game if it doesn't have any seeding implications.

Yet again, we agree.  The way this team is playing right now, only DEN and BOS cause me deep fear.
Like Reply
I predicted 52 wins in the preseason. For once I was spot on, or pretty damned close.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
[Image: 1774882251131527192_0.jpg?ex=661da588&is...eight=1520]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: LAC has the tiebreaker and is 2 games up, meaning we have to gain 3 games in 8.

LAC Sched:
04/02 SAC (L)
04/04 DEN (L)
04/05 UTH (W)
04/07 CLE (W)
04/09 PHX (L)
04/10 PHX (L)
04/12 UTA (W)
04/14 HOU (L)
3-5

DAL:
04/02 GS (W)
04/04 ATL (W)
04/05 GS (W)
04/07 HOU (L)
04/09 CLT (W)
04/10 MIA (W)
04/12 DET (W)
04/14 OKC (L)
6-2

Quite possible...

With how the Clippers are playing it seems possible the Mavs can somehow leap frog them.

But am I crazy to want to try and avoid them in the playoffs? Call ptsd or whatever, but Kawhi has single handedly bested the Mavs not once, but TWICE in a playoff series. I'd rather try and avoid him especially early on in the playoffs.

A hypothetical 2nd round matchup doesn't scare me nearly quite as much given Kawhi getting tired by then.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I definitely wanted to avoid the Clips a couple weeks ago but I am not as worried about a potential matchup now. This team is deeper and more skilled than those earlier playoff teams. I am definitely worried about the coaching matchup but I will stfu about it and other things because that seems to be working.
Like Reply
To win a chip, you gotta overcome your demons, not dodge em. I want LA!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheVolumeSports/stat...1383070823

Dirk says Luka will be the greatest Mav ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
Williams said in Dallas, everyone was new. Regardless of how it ended, it didn’t work out.

“I think it’s not that things didn’t work. I just think that I take most of the credit down there that I should have performed better,” Williams told The Athletic before his Hornets fell to the Celtics 118-104. “I think that as much as they relied on me and everything else, I didn’t necessarily come in the most prepared. But at the same time, I do believe that I still have great relationships with everybody there and I think that those guys are bound for something special in their growth.”

As the public tried to understand why the Mavs would trade him after being their biggest signing of the offseason a few months earlier, comments from Celtics play-by-play announcer Mike Gorman and ESPN’s Tim MacMahon suggested Williams’ penchant for running his mouth irked teammates at his first two stops in the league.

“You can’t control what people say or think and it’s never been something I tried to care about. I try my best just to care about the guys that I’m around,” Williams said. “I also try to treat everybody with respect, so it hurt a little bit. But at the same time, like, I don’t put too much weight into those reports. So I just want to let those things go and try and keep the same relationships I’ve had.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 09:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Williams said in Dallas, everyone was new. Regardless of how it ended, it didn’t work out.

“I think it’s not that things didn’t work. I just think that I take most of the credit down there that I should have performed better,” Williams told The Athletic before his Hornets fell to the Celtics 118-104. “I think that as much as they relied on me and everything else, I didn’t necessarily come in the most prepared. But at the same time, I do believe that I still have great relationships with everybody there and I think that those guys are bound for something special in their growth.”

As the public tried to understand why the Mavs would trade him after being their biggest signing of the offseason a few months earlier, comments from Celtics play-by-play announcer Mike Gorman and ESPN’s Tim MacMahon suggested Williams’ penchant for running his mouth irked teammates at his first two stops in the league.

“You can’t control what people say or think and it’s never been something I tried to care about. I try my best just to care about the guys that I’m around,” Williams said. “I also try to treat everybody with respect, so it hurt a little bit. But at the same time, like, I don’t put too much weight into those reports. So I just want to let those things go and try and keep the same relationships I’ve had.”

That’s about as good of an attitude as you could hope for responding to criticism.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 5 users Like The Jom's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Jmaciscool, MFFL, Not an evil robot, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 09:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Williams said in Dallas, everyone was new. Regardless of how it ended, it didn’t work out.

Yeah seems like a class dude.  Wish it had worked out better, but its kind of crazy given his opportunity that he came in overweight and out of shape.  Regardless, he was never going to fit defensively like PJ has.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Luka and Jalen won players of the month for March.

Donnie takes his hits and it was past due for him to leave, but that draft was a home run draft. It makes a career. Even without the Dirk pick and wanting Giannis, supposedly.
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 12:01 PM)mvossman Wrote: Yeah seems like a class dude.  Wish it had worked out better, but its kind of crazy given his opportunity that he came in overweight and out of shape.  Regardless, he was never going to fit defensively like PJ has.

Ya, when you're like the 7th option, come in fat, and run your mouth...  Buh-bye.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 03:57 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Ya, when you're like the 7th option, come in fat, and run your mouth...  Buh-bye.

He seems to have found a home in Buzz City. Playing well for them.  He had 23 pts vs his old team, Boston in a loss of course..
Like Reply
In fairness he would have been option 3 if he would have come in and been ready. He hit some big shots early in the season. I think back specifically to the game vs Charlotte at home and he was hitting the wing 3 repeatedly on the kick. Defensively we expected to see Marcus Smart but we got Corliss Williamson
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Mavs getting a little love from the Athletic Power Rankings.

https://archive.is/lMOeD
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
So Lively is supposed to be out for two weeks and may be done for the regular season because of „knee soreness“? That doesn’t sound good, hopefully it‘s nothing more severe that they are trying to hide and manage in the postseason. And hopefully that doesn’t jeopardize our place in the Top 6.
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
ESPN Power rankings have the Mavs 5th!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3986...attle-east
Like Reply
Between the pair of Gafford and Lively the per game production is insane.

Blocks 3.5 Gaff 2.1 Derek 1.4
Rebounds 14.7 Gaff 7.8 Derek 6.9
Scoring  22.6  Gaff 13.8 Derek 8.8
Assists 2.6 Gaff 1.5 Derek 1.1
Steals 1.6 Gaff .9 Derek .7

Just think of this production coming from one center that plays almost a full 48 minutes.

By the way the leaders are

POINTS PER GAME
1. Luka Doncic DAL 33.9
REBOUNDS PER GAME
1. Domantas Sabonis SAC 13.7
ASSISTS PER GAME
1. Tyrese Haliburton IND 11.0
2. Luka Doncic DAL 9.8
BLOCKS PER GAME
1. Victor Wembanyama SAS 3.5
STEALS PER GAME
1. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander OKC 2.1
NOTE Luka is 7th w 1.5 and Ky is tied for 15th through 19th w 1.3
FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE
1. Daniel Gafford DAL 71.3% or it may be 75.8% since that is what it says on the mavs team stats on NBA.com plus they show Lively with 74.7%
THREE POINTERS MADE
1. Stephen Curry GSW 332
2. Luka Doncic DAL 262
THREE POINT PERCENTAGE
1. Grayson Allen PHX 46.9%
NOTE Exum is at 51.6% on 3's at the team stats on NBA.com and his regular FG's he is 55%
FANTASY POINTS PER GAME
Luka Doncic DAL 61.6
Like Reply
How many injuries is that for Lively this year? Guessing that’s why the Mavs wanted to invest in another center.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply