Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
https://twitter.com/AkshoEnt/status/1774493305855771096

This might be one of the hardest edits I've seen this year for a Mavs highlight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
We cracked the code it seems. We have an identity: control the paint on both ends of the court in every way. Everything else suddenly becomes easy.

We’re title contenders this year. Jordan and the greats always make the finals before anyone expects. It sneaks up. Good time to be a mavs fan
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Per DMN

Dallas and New Orleans split their season series, 2-2, but the next tie-breaker for teams that are in the same division is division record. The Mavericks are 10-5 in division play; the Pelicans are 9-6. Both teams have one division game remaining.

The Mavericks would clinch the tie-breaker over New Orleans with a Pelicans loss to the Spurs on Friday; or a Dallas win over Houston in American Airlines Center next Sunday. If the teams finish with the same division record, the next tie-breaker would be conference record. Dallas is 29-19 against the West; the Pelicans are 26-19.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 11:51 PM)myconsumerclub Wrote: pretty much and maybe we go to 4th if LAC continues at their current pace while we just go undefeated the rest of the remaining reg season.

I don't see that as a possibility. The Clippers are 2 games up on us in the standings AND they own the tiebreaker.

I would be happy with finishing ahead of New Orleans and the 5th seed.
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 08:39 AM)MFFL Wrote: I don't see that as a possibility. The Clippers are 2 games up on us in the standings AND they own the tiebreaker.

I would be happy with finishing ahead of New Orleans and the 5th seed.

5th seed puts DAL playing LACs for first round. Playoff Luka and the new, bigger rotation give DAL a chance to revenge past eliminations.

But Playoff Kawahi worries me. Although, after the initial run post-Hardin acqusition, they have played so-so basketball. But the motivation goes up once the playoffs begin.
Like Reply
Mavericks are probably not the team to beat in the West. That title still belongs to Denver. BUT we are undoubtedly the team no one wants to see in the playoffs.
[-] The following 8 users Like rocky164's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, HoosierDaddyKidd, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs, youzigizag
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 09:26 AM)michaeltex Wrote: 5th seed puts DAL playing LACs for first round. Playoff Luka and the new, bigger rotation give DAL a chance to revenge past eliminations.

But Playoff Kawahi worries me. Although, after the initial run post-Hardin acqusition, they have played so-so basketball. But the motivation goes up once the playoffs begin.

Get ready for Kwahi to mysteriously and conveniently not miss any mid-range shots...especially in 4th or when it matters.

Its predictable.

The two series they eliminated us...Leonard couldnt miss.   Watched him next series after us...missing same shots he couldnt miss against us.   Seems weird to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like youzigizag's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 10:03 AM)rocky164 Wrote: Mavericks are probably not the team to beat in the West. That title still belongs to Denver.  BUT we are undoubtedly the team no one wants to see in the playoffs.

Now this I can agree with. The Mavs are a scary team to play if they continue to play well. But we all know, things can change in the blink of an eye. Denver is still the favorite IMO.
Like Reply
West playoffs will be crazy good. All eight teams will be very good and no series will be easy. We will very likely see a couple of surprises the first round already and I would not think it as impossible if one of the play-in teams go very far. Lets hope Mavs will be one of those surprises.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1774827923788255585

MFFL reporting Mavs will waive Dwight Powell.

But I'm not sure why. Must be a reason. I mean beyond the expected jokes that is.
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 12:13 PM)Winter Wrote: https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1774827923788255585

MFFL reporting Mavs will waive Dwight Powell.

But I'm not sure why. Must be a reason. I mean beyond the expected jokes that is.

Are they opening up a spot to take on a playoff addition? Personally, I thought Morris would be more of a waiver candidate.

Abrupt end to a guy who has been the consumate team player.

EDIT...Finally snapped as to the date about 2 hours later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 12:26 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Are they opening up a spot to take on a playoff addition? Personally, I thought Morris would be more of a waiver candidate.

Abrupt end to a guy who has been the consumate team player.

It’s got to be an April Fools’ prank!!!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 5 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
WTF? This makes no sense, other than Morris can play all 3 frontcourt positions.
Like Reply
Of course it is an April fools prank. Zero chance it would be anything else
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
Check the calendar today folks.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet  Big Grin
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 12:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Of course it is an April fools prank. Zero chance it would be anything else

Funny how folks would think it’s anything other!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 12:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Check the calendar today folks.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet  Big Grin

I got a relative with a good one today. The look on her face when she realized... priceless.
Like Reply
LAC has the tiebreaker and is 2 games up, meaning we have to gain 3 games in 8.

LAC Sched:
04/02 SAC (L)
04/04 DEN (L)
04/05 UTH (W)
04/07 CLE (W)
04/09 PHX (L)
04/10 PHX (L)
04/12 UTA (W)
04/14 HOU (L)
3-5

DAL:
04/02 GS (W)
04/04 ATL (W)
04/05 GS (W)
04/07 HOU (L)
04/09 CLT (W)
04/10 MIA (W)
04/12 DET (W)
04/14 OKC (L)
6-2

Quite possible...
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: DAL:
04/02 GS (W)
04/04 ATL (W)
04/05 GS (W)
04/07 HOU (L)
04/09 CLT (W)
04/10 MIA (W)
04/12 DET (W)
04/14 OKC (L)
6-2

Quite possible...

I can't imagine beating GS twice especially since that would be a season sweep of them (4-0) AND they are fighting to make the final playoff spot.

I'd love to be wrong but...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(04-01-2024, 04:08 PM)MFFL Wrote: I can't imagine beating GS twice especially since that would be a season sweep of them (4-0) AND they are fighting to make the final playoff spot.

I'd love to be wrong but...

Ghost of Podkolzin is pretty ambitious. At Miami is going to be tough, They are fighting to stay out of the play-in. Atlanta beat Boston twice in 3 days. There are winnable games, but it won't be the cakewalk some think..
Like Reply