Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT
Luka is questionable for tonight (nasal contusion). Trade incoming? Smile

Come on Luka, we really need to win this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 12:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Best part of this article for me?

I can't believe I underestimated the dude. I really was a non-believer. He shut me up. Go Lively!

Watching his screening during summer league to now is one of the more insane skill set leaps I've ever seen honestly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-06-2024, 04:44 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Watching his screening during summer league to now is one of the more insane skill set leaps I've ever seen honestly.

Yes pretty remarkable. He’s a really fast learner. I’m excited to see what he will add over the summer. Better free throw shooting is a must though.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
I'm equally impressed the rookie on his own decided to come early to Dallas and work on skills he was weak in so as to help the team.

Lively has it. Now if he can just stop getting whacked!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: 1755086337609289981.jpg?ex=65d57d05&is=6...height=676]

Kyrie on his time with the Nets.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://www.thecoldwire.com/brian-windho...uperteams/

Windy says Kyrie has normalized breaking up super teams.
Like Reply
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/2/6/2...le-players

Luka and his role players.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.thecoldwire.com/brian-windho...uperteams/

I’d also submit that the more-restrictive CBA rules make it really hard to build a 3-max player team that can win a championship.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 12:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.thecoldwire.com/brian-windho...uperteams/

Dude went on a rant earlier in the day talking about how awful Kyrie is. Then Kyrie destroys the Nets and is happy doing it.

I really do think Windy is mad Kyrie is happy in Dallas and Lebron can't have his friend.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 02:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I really do think Windy is mad Kyrie is happy in Dallas and Lebron can't have his friend.

LeBron can easily have his friend. All he needs to do is have Rich Paul pick up the phone and demand LeBron get traded for THJ, Grant Williams and that '27 first. 

Boom! Friends!
[-] The following 7 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, Jmaciscool, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MFFL, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Seems like Mavs addressed some issue areas.

Hopefully this signals Mavs are considering Luka and Kyrie clocks and want to ramp up their win now campaign.

Really hope this means less lazy outings by Luka, Kyrie playing more and THJ taking less bad shots.
Like Reply
Shams show talking Mavs right now!
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:05 PM)MFFL Wrote: Shams show talking Mavs right now!

paraphrase, friend!!!!
Like Reply
Wow suprising. Will really need to think about these trades and more importantly see how they fit in on the court. I didn't think we would use assets for a backup big and Washington has not been great this year. The Mavs really need to be right here. I am glad we are bigger now. It stuck out like a sore thumb. Gafford would seem to fit as a 5 in our offense, but lets see him on the court. Luka seems to like a specific player. Some players get it, others just don't. Washington just needs to do the things we thought Grant would do. Impact the game in non scoring ways and be a solid open three point shooter.

I am glad we kept all of our under 22 year old guys. Really happy we kept them. But this deal has some risk. Lets see it on the court.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: paraphrase, friend!!!!

Nothing special. They didn't think that PJ was enough of an upgrade to give up a first AND TWO SHOOTERS (I didn't understand that part)

They also ignored Dinwiddie possibly coming to the Mavs until it was mentioned by Danny Green
Like Reply
One thing is clear. Mavs are all in and want to win now. All picks from 2027 on are not in their control anymore. Kyrie will be expiring next season. It will be really tough to be Mavs fan if Luka decides to change his home.

I have mixed overall feelings.

The bad:
- Correcting the offseason mistake just 6 months later.
- trading top2 protected FRP and pick swap for two role players

Mixed feelings:
- will the reality of PJ be same as the idea of him? Not really great three point shooter, but can do other things offensively. Can he defend? Holinger for example thinks he is a bad defender
- 2 athletic rim runners are great for regular season. Will they be able to stay on court in playoffs. 12 mil salary is a lot for a back-up centre
- what will the defense look like?

The good:
- new additions give Mavs a lot of line-up flexibility. They have two rim runners, they have Maxi and PJ who can play in five out rotations. DJJ can provide defense when needed
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • Chicagojk, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:35 PM)omahen Wrote: One thing is clear. Mavs are all in and want to win now. All picks from 2027 on are not in their control anymore. Kyrie will be expiring next season. It will be really tough to be Mavs fan if Luka decides to change his home.

The bad:

Mixed feelings:
- will the reality of PJ be same as the idea of him? Not really great three point shooter, but can do other things offensively. Can he defend? Holinger for example thinks he is a bad defender
- 2 athletic rim runners are great for regular season. Will they be able to stay on court in playoffs. 12 mil salary is a lot for a back-up centre

The good:
- new additions give Mavs a lot of line-up flexibility. They have two rim runners, they have Maxi and PJ who can play in five out rotations. DJJ can provide defense when needed

I have mixed feelings, as well. 

I like both Washington and Gafford, but I was fine with center the way it was, and I don't think even the combination of both of them is worth completely emptying the war chest that they had literally just started filling back up. 

I don't think people realize how little the Mavs will be able to get done in the trade market moving forward from here. They are STILL paying for Porzingis, lolololol.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:35 PM)omahen Wrote: One thing is clear. Mavs are all in and want to win now. All picks from 2027 on are not in their control anymore. Kyrie will be expiring next season. It will be really tough to be Mavs fan if Luka decides to change his home.

The bad:

Mixed feelings:

The good:

I have similar thoughts.   Will need to see the new guys and the team on the court.  I like the age and the physical dimensions of the two new players.     

I think with the trades today it is going to be hard for Dallas to trade for their 3rd best player.  So we may be looking at guys in the DFS range this summer.   

But, Lively being so good so young may give them some breathing room of trading for their third best player.   Lively won't be #3 next year for a really good team, but maybe could be in a year or so.   For help on the court and improved assets, Dallas really needs Omax and Hardy to develop (Green too...but I hope we are experiencing his leap now).
Like Reply
I like that at least the core is young.

I did not like the idea of adding a 30yr old “third best player” to the team and hoping that made it into a contender. I don’t think there was a big enough difference maker out there. And if someone becomes available, there are a ton of teams with more than three 1sts to trade.

We can still trade future picks as they come up, right? Just not one big trade this offseason.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I like that at least the core is young.

I did not like the idea of adding a 30yr old guy to the team and hoping that made it into a contender.  I don’t think there was a big enough difference maker out there.

We can still trade future picks as they come up, right? Just not one big trade this offseason.

What changed? You were hate-posting me over the summer for making this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply