Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(01-19-2024, 03:25 PM)F Gump Wrote: Jalen Johnson was my oft-mentioned target this past summer, not Dan's. I was the first, and the most persistent --  early on, I included him coming to DAL in trades, and if someone else's idea with ATL didn't include him, I suggested a way to do the trade with him. I thought he had showed high potential in limited minutes, but I didn't see evidence he was particularly prized by ATL. At the time it appeared he was buried on their depth chart behind Collins, and in a mix of lots of backup wings/forwards buried behind Collins and Hunter that they didn't have the minutes for.

Once Collins was sent to UT, that changed their whole mix in ATL. And since his added minutes gave him a chance to bloom, obviously he's not available now. I was hoping to see that blooming happen in DAL. Rats.

Well since we are measuring Johnsons. Big Grin You were 2nd, but not bad.

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=2173&pid=180127&highlight=Jalen+johnson#pid180127

Also made an even earlier post about Johnson and Goga in Dec. 2022. Wink
Like Reply
Some good Mavs talk on the 1/16 Lowe post. Talk comes after they talk Jazz.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...6657246665
(@noahweber00)
Dallas Mavericks rookie forward Olivier-Maxence Prosper on being a defensive anchor one day for the Mavs:

“That’s what I want to be [a defensive anchor]. I want that challenge. I want to guard the best players in the world…I believe I will be that for the Mavs.”

Great video of Omax with some answers that warm your heart.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-21-2024, 12:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...6657246665
(@noahweber00)
Dallas Mavericks rookie forward Olivier-Maxence Prosper on being a defensive anchor one day for the Mavs:

“That’s what I want to be [a defensive anchor]. I want that challenge. I want to guard the best players in the world…I believe I will be that for the Mavs.”

Great video of Omax with some answers that warm your heart.

Good thing I forbade them from trading him! Is anyone ever going to thank me for that, btw??
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, SleepingHero, WillE
Like Reply
Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Grant Williams says “this team practices more than any team I’ve been on.”

Pretty much, Williams said Dallas practices more than Boston.

Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Dante Exum (right plantar sprain) has been upgraded to doubtful and went through his first full practice today.

Seth Curry (left ankle sprain) is questionable to play against the Boston Celtics. He suffered the injury in practice today.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-21-2024, 02:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Grant Williams says “this team practices more than any team I’ve been on.”

Pretty much, Williams said Dallas practices more than Boston.

Dante Exum (right plantar sprain) has been upgraded to doubtful and went through his first full practice today.

Seth Curry (left ankle sprain) is questionable to play against the Boston Celtics. He suffered the injury in practice today.

I wonder if there's correlation between more frequent practices and higher number of injuries...
Like Reply
(01-21-2024, 02:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wonder if there's correlation between more frequent practices and higher number of injuries...

Well, Friday was their first practice in a month…

https://x.com/townbrad/status/1748492473368711610?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w
Like Reply
Kevin Gray Jr. (@KevinGraySports)
Mavs F Grant Williams told me today after practice he’s down 18-20 pounds since the start of the season and that his ideal playing weight is 245; he’s put in the work & looks in great shape now #MFFL

Grant Williams on Josh Green and his impact as a defender:

“When Josh [Green] picks up full court and guards Jalen Brunson in that game. No one would really see that, and how much Jalen was pissed in that game…Josh sets the tone when he starts.”

Grant Williams when asked about his personal review of the first half of his season with Dallas:

“Not good…Just because the first half didn’t go the way I wanted doesn’t mean the second half won’t.”
Like Reply
(01-21-2024, 02:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wonder if there's correlation between more frequent practices and higher number of injuries...

I wonder why there isn‘t a correlation between more practices and better play when it counts with our guys… 

Seriously, I hope this unplanned break with almost all guys on deck helps to improve our performance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
Kyrie Irving says he sprained his right thumb early in the loss to the Celtics. X-rays were negative. He’s wearing a brace on it but doesn’t anticipate missing time. Irving: “It's going to hurt. I don't think there's anybody in the NBA that's 100% night to night.”
Like Reply
Defensive talent on Boston and Mavs

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...3558504889
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 12:18 PM)omahen Wrote: Defensive talent on Boston and Mavs

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...3558504889

Good to know Iztok shares my anti Kuz thoughts from a defensive perspective.
Like Reply
Miles Bridges:

From a basketball standpoint, fits well on both offense and defense.
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/miles-bridges/

From a cost standpoint, relatively cheap because of off-court issues and expiring contract.

Charlotte wants draft picks and prospects.

At age 25, his timeline fits with Luka.

A new city, a new start would probably be good for him.

Fans get all bothered by a players' moral failures at first, but tend to forget quickly if the player performs well.

After all, we're paying him to perform on the court, right?

See: Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Ray Rice, Kobe Bryant.

Straight up: Josh Green for Miles Bridges? Gives Charlotte a cost-controlled young player. Gives Dallas a stud-like young wing with some flight risk.
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 01:05 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Miles Bridges:

From a cost standpoint, relatively cheap because of off-court issues and expiring contract.

Fans get all bothered by a players' moral failures at first, but tend to forget quickly if the player performs well.

Straight up: Josh Green for Miles Bridges?  Gives Charlotte a cost-controlled young player.  Gives Dallas a stud-like young wing with some flight risk.

Its more than a flight risk. We couldn't pay Bridges anything more than the partial MLE we have remaining at about 4 mil a year? 

He's 100% leaving this offseason. The only realistic acquisition of him would be a SnT in the summer.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 01:05 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Miles Bridges:

Straight up: Josh Green for Miles Bridges?  Gives Charlotte a cost-controlled young player.  Gives Dallas a stud-like young wing with some flight risk.

Timeline does not matter because you don't get his bird rights, so there is even less reason to talk about this.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • F Gump, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
If Mavs want Miles Bridges, promise Charlotte to pay more in SnT than Suns can offer now Smile If Charlotte is not willing to resign him, they might actually get more in SnT. Of course they also risk he just walks
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 01:48 PM)omahen Wrote: If Mavs want PJ, promise Charlotte to pay more in SnT than Suns can offer now Smile If Charlotte is not willing to resign him, they might actually get more in SnT. Of course they also risk he just walks

Doesn't PJ have 2 more years on his contract after this one?
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 02:12 PM)mvossman Wrote: Doesn't PJ have 2 more years on his contract after this one?

Sorry, meant Miles Bridges. Too much talk about PJ Smile
Like Reply
[Image: 46wTKmi.png]
Like Reply
(01-23-2024, 03:02 PM)sefant Wrote: [Image: 46wTKmi.png]

Please no more Bridges trades.

Are you sending Timmy and a first for WCJ?  Too much.
Like Reply