Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(08-11-2023, 01:38 AM)F Gump Wrote: 2 If you want a conspiracy theory idea with a Wood SNT in the mix, there's one we can envision. It's the idea that Wood is waiting to be included in that mythical (-in-my-estimation) Sept 6 trade. 

I think we have to greatly differentiate what happened last year vs this year regarding the mythical trades. Last year Skin said something along the lines of "Mavs have something lined-up and it will happen". All that Stein, Cato and MacMahon reported was that Mavs are trying hard to move THJ and McGee. If I quote Stein: "Mavs are expected to trade THJ..." These statements about trying to move THJ and McGee are consistent since beginning of summer or even since last TDL. 

I perfectly believe these kind of statements. I am sure Mavs are still trying and will be looking for deals until THJ or McGee are traded or gone at some point in next two seasons. Some additional players become possible to trade in September and some teams will try to finish things before training camps, so something could perhaps happen. But obviously they don't have anything lined up. 

All three seemed to be 100 % sure McGee will not be with Mavs next season. Perhaps the plan is to actually dump him at beggining of training camp, if nothing better appears before that. I think start of training camp is where we will see if McGee is with Mavs or not for this season.

Do I expect anything will happen? No. If they didn't find a trade at TDL or early summer, I don't think something so drastic will happen, that will change things that were the obstacle in the early summer. I could see them waive McGee, since all the reporters were so sure he is gone.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/skinwade/status/1690...11328?s=46
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1...6596768768

Dirk on playing the Spurs
Like Reply
https://www.passengerterminaltoday.com/n...urant.html

DFW opens Nowitski restaurant
Like Reply
(08-12-2023, 11:53 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1...6596768768

Dirk on playing the Spurs

Just about the biggest bummer about 2006 is that Dirk doesn't get nearly enough credit for beating the Spurs
No doubt in my mind that Spurs win the title that year if they get that Game 7. They would have ended up with a 3peat and 4 titles in 5 years.
An absolute juggernaut
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-12-2023, 01:52 PM)Jym Wrote: Just about the biggest bummer about 2006 is that Dirk doesn't get nearly enough credit for beating the Spurs
No doubt in my mind that Spurs win the title that year if they get that Game 7. They would have ended up with a 3peat and 4 titles in 5 years.
An absolute juggernaut

That game 7 is still my favorite Dirk memory. Just felt like they were never going to beat that team.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-12-2023, 01:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That game 7 is still my favorite Dirk memory. Just felt like they were never going to beat that team.
Yeah, as a german the Spurs were for so long in Dirks way, but knocking them out finally was actually what I expected, as they were weaker than the years before and Dallas was only improving.

However, I agree that beating them was a core foundation for simply believing in this team and the realistic chance, that Larry O'Brian could actually become reality.

Thus, my favourite sports moment is ever since the moment I realized that we did it, we beat that super team. And to me, no other championship story ever came close to this. It was David vs. Goliath. Hard work and sticking to true values verses that artificial superstar collection. We had no chance and we used it Big Grin Isn't this the core message of sports in general? Don't stop believing and your hard work will pay off.

So, as much as the Spurs robbed Dirk of so much more glory, I value more the moment it finally all came together than all the negative emotions towards whoever.
[-] The following 2 users Like WillE's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-12-2023, 04:16 PM)WillE Wrote: Yeah, as a german the Spurs were for so long in Dirks way, but knocking them out finally was actually what I expected, as they were weaker than the years before and Dallas was only improving.

However, I agree that beating them was a core foundation for simply believing in this team and the realistic chance, that Larry O'Brian could actually become reality.

Thus, my favourite sports moment is ever since the moment I realized that we did it, we beat that super team. And to me, no other championship story ever came close to this. It was David vs. Goliath. Hard work and sticking to true values verses that artificial superstar collection. We had no chance and we used it Big Grin Isn't this the core message of sports in general? Don't stop believing and your hard work will pay off.

So, as much as the Spurs robbed Dirk of so much more glory, I value more the moment it finally all came together than all the negative emotions towards whoever.

The win against the Spurs was one of my all time favorite Mavs moments. Yes, it sucked that we were robbed against the Cheat, but I remember that And-One like it was yesterday.  Felt like we got over the mountain when we beat them in OT.

While it does suck that the Spurs robbed Dallas and Dirk of much more glory, seeing all the HOF’ers tonight who were responsible for being a thorn in Dallas’ side, it puts it in a little perspective.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-10-2023, 05:18 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: There were reports that we also signed Taze Moore and Dexter Dennis to camp deals in addition to the three that you listed. So by my count we're actually at 22 total which is over the offseason max I believe. So I have to assume either one of Dexter Dennis, Taze Moore, Greg Brown, or Joe Wieskamp is getting waived.

Camp Deals
Jelly Walker
Taze Moore
Dexter Dennis
Greg Brown III
Joe Wieskamp

Barring a 2 for 1 trade or McGee waiver I assume one of those camp guys is getting waived soon to bring us to 21. Then another once training camp starts to get to 20. Then the remaining 3 will compete for the last two way spot.

I noted previously that I hadn't ever seen an official Mavs announcement on any of those 5. But today, they announced they signed Walker, Brown, and Wieskamp.

The other 2 may have only been SL deals. Or they may come later, in due course. I believe they are at 20 now, if we are keeping score.
Like Reply
Everytime I see Taze Moore’s name I think of Guardians of the Galaxy.

“Your name is TAZERface? HAHAHAHA!”
Like Reply

Mavs talk starts at 12:00. Speaking about his role. What it takes to get on the floor. Relationship with Luka. Tanking the last two games. Future with the Mavs.
Saying all the right things. Also when it comes to a potential extension. He wants to stay in Dallas.
[-] The following 6 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MaxiThreeba, mvossman, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
WAIT...EMBEDDING IS WORKING AGAIN????

How'd you do that, dfs98?
Like Reply
(08-15-2023, 10:49 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: WAIT...EMBEDDING IS WORKING AGAIN????

How'd you do that, dfs98?

Only YouTube.
Like Reply
Josh missed his second FIBA warm-up game in the Aussies loss to Brazil.  I've watched full highlights of both of their games and came away impressed with Exum.  He and Ingles are running the second unit.  Exum is a tough scrappy guy.  Not the tooth pick I remember in Utah.  He's a relentless driver and looks good on the break.

He'll certainly have a role on nights one of Luka/Kyrie have to sit...maybe more.  I think he fits in the Exum, Curry, Jones class (Powell may be in this class too).  Not much of a commitment from Dallas, but experienced guys who are used to getting minutes who can hold down the fort as Hardy, OMax and Lively grow up.  Whether the kids will be the 10-13 guys or the vets will be the 10-13 guys on the roster is still to be seen.  But either way, it is a much better use of those roster spots than we are accustomed to.
[-] The following 9 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • AgGiE1991, dirkfansince1998, F Gump, From Dirk to Luka, Hypermav, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
https://x.com/thesteinline/status/169182...47961?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

The Mavericks have opened initial talks on a contract extension with Josh Green, league sources tell @TheSteinLine, with an Oct. 23 deadline to seal a deal.

@JoshBGreen told @OlgunUluc earlier this week he hopes to re-sign with Dallas.
[-] The following 4 users Like Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Green started in the Aussie warm-up game vs. South Sudan today/tonight/whatever.  Thybulle hitting 5/5 3's is probably the story.  Also, Landale went out with an injury.  Giddey has been fantastic the first two games, but was 1/6 in this one but did have 9 assists.  Fun player to watch.

Below are Green and Exum highlights.  Nothing special or dominant from either.  Green had 4 assists and 4 boards.  There is a Luka-like pass at :30 in the first quarter that is pretty amazing.  He draws a charge, hits a moving 3 and makes a nice bucket on a drive.  He also misses a drive and can't quite finish an alley-oop on a poorly timed leap.  Exum had 7 assists and two steals.  Some here said he's a wing these days, but Australia considers him a PG and point of attack defender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-TwJnORws
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
Credit to Smitty for posting this on Discord

Olgun Uluc
@OlgunUluc
Brian Goorjian called Josh Green's on-ball defence "Delly on steroids". He says the plan is for the Australian Boomers to continue starting Green, with Matisse Thybulle set to come off the bench.
7:45 AM · Aug 17, 2023
·
Views
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
(08-17-2023, 08:06 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Credit to Smitty for posting this on Discord

Olgun Uluc
@OlgunUluc
Brian Goorjian called Josh Green's on-ball defence "Delly on steroids". He says the plan is for the Australian Boomers to continue starting Green, with Matisse Thybulle set to come off the bench.
·
Views

Any word on whether Green went through the same summer workout in Vegas like last year?  The trainer had a lot of good things to say about him last summer and expected a leap forward.
Like Reply
(08-17-2023, 08:13 AM)Hooper21 Wrote: Any word on whether Green went through the same summer workout in Vegas like last year?  The trainer had a lot of good things to say about him last summer and expected a leap forward.

Yes, I believe we've seen videos this summer from workouts in Vegas.
Like Reply
(08-17-2023, 08:06 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Credit to Smitty for posting this on Discord

Olgun Uluc
@OlgunUluc
·
Views

Starting in front of Thybulle? Gotta think that sets an obvious floor on contract negotiations, no?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply