Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
There’s some teams facing a roster crunch and will need to drop some players to get to 15. OKC and Memphis are some of those teams at first glance. We should look at some two for one deals with Mcgee outgoing. I wonder if another team would take his contract rather than waiving guys and eating their dead money
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(07-16-2023, 06:58 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: There’s some teams facing a roster crunch and will need to drop some players to get to 15. OKC and Memphis are some of those teams at first glance. We should look at some two for one deals with Mcgee outgoing. I wonder if another team would take his contract rather than waiving guys and eating their dead money

Interesting. So, what they did with the Porzingis contract, only on a much smaller scale. Not a bas idea, if they can find someone to go for it. Kind of needs to be a couple of rookie sized contacts, with two years left on both, and the team wold have to want rid of them. I imagine that’s a fairly rare combo of details.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumors%2F

Kyrie, best handles ever?
Like Reply
(07-17-2023, 08:40 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/stat...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumors%2F

Kyrie, best handles ever?

Easily. Kyrie by far is the best ball handler ever.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-15-2023, 06:58 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Can anyone come up with a reason they haven’t signed OMax yet?

The PR announcement that they signed O-Max was released yesterday, saying he had been signed.

I don't think they signed him yesterday, however. Instead I would wager he and Lively were signed at the same time, prior to SL, and they sent out one PR and didn't realize they forgot to do the other.  I can't imagine either his agent or the Mavs would have let him play in summer league until that is completed, because of the consequences if he gets injured. Maybe your question on a message board was a reminder to a Mavs staffer and prodded the announcement.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • Hypermav, SleepingHero, WillE
Like Reply
(07-15-2023, 06:06 PM)F Gump Wrote: Can one of you guys who are hot and heavy for D Jones tell me what you see that the NBA doesn't? 

No one is hot and heavy on him.  He'd be a rotational piece that can give you 15-20 minutes at the 3/4 on an inexpensive contract. Still has A+ athleticism which he uses well, cuts well, another lob threat, comfortable and coordinated with the ball in his hands. Seems well liked by his teammates and fans. Not every player can be a homerun but singles are nice too.

I'd rather sign Oubre as he can take heavier load, but it really depends what the Mavs are looking for and what they'll ask the player to do.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • Kidnova, mvossman
Like Reply
(07-17-2023, 12:56 PM)cow Wrote: No one is hot and heavy on him.  He'd be a rotational piece that can give you 15-20 minutes at the 3/4 on an inexpensive contract.  Still has A+ athleticism which he uses well, cuts well, another lob threat, comfortable and coordinated with the ball in his hands.  Seems well liked by his teammates and fans.  Not every player can be a homerun but singles are nice too.

I'd rather sign Oubre as he can take heavier load, but it really depends what the Mavs are looking for and what they'll ask the player to do.

Good overview.  His 3 is also slowly creeping into respectability and he can serve as another point of attack defender.  He is a lot like Thybulle, only not as game changing defensively and a little better offensively.  I prefer him to Oubre, but I can see the argument on both sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Kidnova
Like Reply
Deleted-wrong thread
Like Reply
Asked for an NBA comparison, Dudley came up with an interesting player.

“A bigger Marcus Smart,” he said of Prosper. “His size, his build, Marcus Smart made himself into a pretty good shooter. I think he has that defensive capability to guard one through four. I think he has the build to be an all-team defensively player in this league one day.”

https://www.mavs.com/mavs-go-4-1/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/yujx_kk/status/16813...14050?s=20

Schroeder decided to call out Maxi Kleber of all people for destroying the German National team's chemistry and as a result, Kleber has decided to withdraw this summer.

Kleber's statement:
[Image: F1V4Aa_WAAwAVck?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: F1V4Au2X0AIPSgH?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(07-18-2023, 01:47 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Asked for an NBA comparison, Dudley came up with an interesting player.

“A bigger Marcus Smart,” he said of Prosper. “His size, his build, Marcus Smart made himself into a pretty good shooter. I think he has that defensive capability to guard one through four. I think he has the build to be an all-team defensively player in this league one day.”

https://www.mavs.com/mavs-go-4-1/

I agree with that. I'm already a huge fan of OMax and Lively.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(07-18-2023, 03:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/yujx_kk/status/16813...14050?s=20

Schroeder decided to call out Maxi Kleber of all people for destroying the German National team's chemistry and as a result, Kleber has decided to withdraw this summer.

Kleber's statement:

Schroeder is such a dick. No wonder Dirk hated his ass.
[-] The following 7 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, Jmaciscool, khaled1987, LifeAquatic, MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Is this the first bad thing we've ever heard about Maxi? If this is baseless, I wish Dirk would drop the hammer on Schroeder for the comments.
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Five teams in five seasons. Schröder is the guard version of C.Wood. One year of Schröder and teams are ready to move on.
[-] The following 6 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, michaeltex, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
In an interview during the Got Nexxt show by basketball insider Andre Voigt, Schroder criticized Kleber and said that he didn't approve of his decision to skip the EuroBasket 2022.

"I was like 'Ok, what game is he trying to improve?' In the NBA, when you're good at something, you stick to it. It wouldn't make sense if a big center started being a ballhandler," Schroder said in his newest video on his YouTube channel.

"He knows his game and he knows what his role is. Of course, I accepted it because it was his decision but it was a bit difficult to respect it. If he had another reason - a contract or because he wants to play longer - it would've been totally fine with me," Schroder said.

https://basketnews.com/news-192240-maxi-...m=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xgALYlNPo
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(07-18-2023, 03:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/yujx_kk/status/16813...14050?s=20

Kleber's statement:

Schroeder didn't call out Maxi for destroying chemistry. Shroeder commented about Maxi missing the Eurobasket "because he wanted to work on his game" (officially he was out because he was tired). Shroeder didn't like Maxi didn't come, as Germany was hosting Eurobasket (finished third, which is great result for Germany). And to be fair to Schroeder, he always came to play for NT. Schroeder quote:

"I was like 'Ok, what game is he trying to improve?' In the NBA, when you're good at something, you stick to it. It wouldn't make sense if a big center started being a ballhandler," Schroder said in his newest video on his YouTube channel.

"He knows his game and he knows what his role is. Of course, I accepted it because it was his decision but it was a bit difficult to respect it. If he had another reason - a contract or because he wants to play longer - it would've been totally fine with me," Schroder said.
Like Reply
The media might be blowing things out of proportion as Schroder says, but 'Ok, what game is he trying to improve?' is a dumb fucking comment. As is "He knows his game and he knows what his role is. Of course, I accepted it because it was his decision but it was a bit difficult to respect it." As is "apologizing" via a Youtube video instead of calling or texting Maxi directly.

Germany is fucking dumb making him a captain with his attitude and I say that as a German. The Wagner brothers have some of the same cunty attitude as well.
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I never understood why Kleber didn’t show up last year. That was a big tournament for us and team GER actually got pretty far.

OTOH of course it’s dumb from Schroeder to even comment on it at all but Kleber immediately withdrawing yet again this time bc of an interview? I don’t even remember the last time he played for our national team. 

Dirk always showed up for the national team.

Schröder is difficult to like but unlike Kleber he’s at least always on the court doing his best for the national squad…

For DAL it’s a good thing obviously though. It should take Kleber a bit longer to get his annual injury / see him slow down drastically due to fatigue.
Like Reply
My read is, that Schröder felt like he would have not made the same decision for himself that Maxi made.

And maybe he is even right about this.

But, you do not call out your team mates publicly, especially as a team captian. Actually, such behaviour should disqualify for staying the captian, because you don't handle internals publicly. Even if he was right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillE's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-18-2023, 04:54 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I never understood why Kleber didn’t show up last year. That was a big tournament for us and team GER actually got pretty far.

OTOH of course it’s dumb from Schroeder to even comment on it at all but Kleber immediately withdrawing yet again this time bc of an interview? I don’t even remember the last time he played for our national team. 

Dirk always showed up for the national team.

Schröder is difficult to like but unlike Kleber he’s at least always on the court doing his best for the national squad…
Agree. I was also disappointed that he didn't join the team. Would have been even more competitive with him and I was actually really looking forward to see how he would fit in now and how this would improve the team.

While, as I already wrote above, that Schröder had no right to take this thing public, Maxi now reacting with about the same, lets say maturity, leaves us specatators only head scratching.
Like Reply