Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away| Maxi OUT
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...1172471808
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5612531712
Like Reply
When Kemba needs rest Hardy takes his minutes and eventually takes over by the end of the season?  It's a plan.
Like Reply
It seems like the Mavs are being smart with Hardy.  Giving him G-league games when Mavs are away and also letting him have a lot of time with the team.  I think eventually he plays less G-league games as the year goes on.  Question is does he get a real chance to earn minutes?  I think he gets a few chances but I will be surprised if he is a regular in the rotation this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 11:07 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I will be surprised if he is a regular in the rotation this year.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED. I frankly cannot see Kidd playing him.
Like Reply
Cato's podcast was an interesting listen this morning.  There's been a lot of chatter about "something going on behind the scenes" on this board and Cato kind of hinted to Jason Kidd being that issue.  It's something that I've been saying on this board and while I go back and forth on a lot of Kamm's posts, he's been saying this basically since the start of the season.

I've never seen this board more in sync around something like "play Wood and Green more" and if a bunch of internet fans all see the same thing because it's so obvious what do you think professional basketball players are thinking about the rotations and head games.  Playing your best players shouldn't be rocket science.  I don't know an NBA coach who has benefited from negging players on his roster and I hope that Kidd wakes up because personally I think this season is still salvageable (I certainly don't think you can tank with this team).  Last year's team had some other caveats obviously like covid and Luka not being all world right out of the gate but the two main things that turned around were the shooting and the defense. That can still very easily be true for this roster but overcoming internal strife over a coach's decision making is the one thing that can make this team totally spiral.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 11:41 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Cato kind of hinted to Jason Kidd being that issue.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Another nugget to file away as we watch this drama unfold. 

I also agree with you that the season can be salvaged (shoot they were 16-18 to start last year), but my big, big concern is that last year there was a new energy in the lockerroom with RC gone and Luka was really bad AND hurt to open the season.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 11:47 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Another nugget to file away as we watch this drama unfold. 

I also agree with you that the season can be salvaged (shoot they were 16-18 to start last year), but my big, big concern is that last year there was a new energy in the lockerroom with RC gone and Luka was really bad AND hurt to open the season.

Winning cures all so I would hope that a fun offense with Luka/Wood leading to some good wins can change that energy but that's fingers crossed obviously.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...0243652608
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 11:41 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Cato's podcast was an interesting listen this morning.  There's been a lot of chatter about "something going on behind the scenes" on this board and Cato kind of hinted to Jason Kidd being that issue.  It's something that I've been saying on this board and while I go back and forth on a lot of Kamm's posts, he's been saying this basically since the start of the season.

I've never seen this board more in sync around something like "play Wood and Green more" and if a bunch of internet fans all see the same thing because it's so obvious what do you think professional basketball players are thinking about the rotations and head games.  Playing your best players shouldn't be rocket science.  I don't know an NBA coach who has benefited from negging players on his roster and I hope that Kidd wakes up because personally I think this season is still salvageable (I certainly don't think you can tank with this team).  Last year's team had some other caveats obviously like covid and Luka not being all world right out of the gate but the two main things that turned around were the shooting and the defense. That can still very easily be true for this roster but overcoming internal strife over a coach's decision making is the one thing that can make this team totally spiral.
Doesn’t this pretty much mirror what he did at his previous two stops? Have a promising first year and then quickly wear his welcome out? Part of being successful is adaptability and flexibility. And for whatever reason this year he’s completely unwilling to consider anything that doesn’t fit his preconceived bias. After the high of the WCF it took him 19 games to make me miss Rick.
[-] The following 2 users Like BasketballJones41's post:
  • Kammrath, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 01:50 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: Doesn’t this pretty much mirror what he did at his previous two stops? Have a promising first year and then quickly wear his welcome out? Part of being successful is adaptability and flexibility. And for whatever reason this year he’s completely unwilling to consider anything that doesn’t fit his preconceived bias. After the high of the WCF it took him 19 games to make me miss Rick.

Yep. Kidd has had great positive impacts early in all his coaching stops and then suddenly things begin to sour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 02:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep. Kidd has had great positive impacts early in all his coaching stops and then suddenly things begin to sour.
It’s a good thing we have an owner that isn’t known to put up with mediocrity for long. It’d be even worse if the coach was good buddies with the owner and GM making it less likely that there was going to be any consequence. At least we don’t have to worry about that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BasketballJones41's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1597631592499142656

[Image: so-it-begins-raining.gif]

LESSSGOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 02:39 PM)juanc Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1597631592499142656

[Image: so-it-begins-raining.gif]

LESSSGOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Roddy B 2.0.
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 02:49 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Roddy B 2.0.

Roddy B 1.0 would honestly be a better option than Kemba right now.

The only downside with the Kemba signing is it basically eliminates all possibility of Hardy breaking the rotation this year. I did find it telling that we went and signed another ball handling scorer instead of going with the one we had who was dropping 30 a night on 50/40/90 shooting in the g league. He can be mistake prone but it’s not like Kemba is going to be a better defender and if this is truly a transition year…why not see what we got a little earlier than we planned?
Like Reply
Beal 2.0
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/1597660872922783744?s=20&t=iLK2UYZXRefZ79Kx87WxRQ
Like Reply
Did Wood learn he is starting tonight?
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 03:44 PM)cow Wrote: Beal 2.0

Can't belive I'm saying that, but finally, a voice of reason!  Smile
Like Reply
(11-29-2022, 03:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Did Wood learn he is starting tonight?

That's how I'm reading it.
Like Reply