• 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
[Image: FW2qe57XwAA4qT0?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
[Image: FW2qe69WYAMoi8E?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Trade for Harris/Matysse incoming??
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Trade for Harris/Matysse incoming??

THJ/Bullock/Green?

(07-04-2022, 05:34 PM)Smitty Wrote: THJ/Bullock/Green?

Or Bertans/Bullock/Green works also
Like Reply
Well dealing with Morey worked so well with the previous front office....

We will see if this has any teeth and for what would be included.    Odd Reggie shared this on instagram page.
Like Reply
Curry Trade 2.0
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Trade for Harris/Matysse incoming??

I would be very unhappy to lose Bullock in that deal.  I would love what Philly is doing though.  Putting Bull/Tucker/Maxey around Harden/Embiid is tough.  Powell makes that a solid deal for the Mavs.  Bullock?  I pass.  He is a big part of what we do defensively and I take him over Thy because he is a 2way.  I don't think 40M Harris is a big enough upgrade over 19M THJ to justify losing Bullock. You think Powell also goes in this and we are using it to cut salary?  Right now, if they were doing the deal just those two, the Mavs would HAVE to send out more salary.  I just don't know about losing Bull.  That would hurt.  I want more of him, not less.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavsfan12's post:
  • Chicagojk, WillE
Like Reply
Bertans would have to be in any deal.   I would rate Reggie as the best asset (play on the court and contract) of either Harris or Thybule.   

If true, I like what Philly is doing.   Getting tough players who can shoot as supporting players.  It would concern me if he trade Thybule because on defense he is the perfect fit.  If Morey thinks he doesn't fit with Harden on offense, it has me concerned how he would fit with Luka.
Like Reply
The Harris/Thybulle has always made the most sense, given the reports… not saying that’s what’s happening… but it’s on my most likely trade radar.

Mavs reported interest in Thybulle
Mavs new FO not drafting Green and therefore not tied to him
Getting off of Bertans contract
If the price is Bullock, I think I’m in

Sign me up Bertans+Bullock+Green for Harris-Thybulle

Luka - Dinwiddie
THJ - Frank - Hardy
DFS - Thybulle
Harris - Maxi
Wood-McGee
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/kampagnepapi/status/...9710320640

I'm going to be so fucking pissed if they throw away Bullock.

Dude was an integral piece to why this team worked. Holy shit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Mavsfan12, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Getting off of Bertans would would be a boon but we don't win trades.  Set expectations lower.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:48 PM)Smitty Wrote: The Harris/Thybulle has always made the most sense, given the reports… not saying that’s what’s happening… but it’s on my most likely trade radar.

Mavs reported interest in Thybulle
Mavs new FO not drafting Green and therefore not tied to him
Getting off of Bertans contract
If the price is Bullock, I think I’m in

Sign me up Bertans+Bullock+Green for Harris-Thybulle

Luka - Dinwiddie
THJ - Frank - Hardy
DFS - Thybulle
Harris - Maxi
Wood-McGee

replace Powell for Green.   I would still probably not be crazy about the trade, but I would hate to see Green as a low cost throw in.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:34 PM)Smitty Wrote: Or Bertans/Bullock/Green works also

This is a bit more palatable.  Brining in Harris effectively ends whatever small role Bertan's has with the Mavs and his salary is completely dead weight.  This makes more value sense for the Mavs.  Still don't like losing Bullock.

BTW, this trade doesn't work without more salary outgoing (or involved in JB's snt).  FWIW, trading out Green for Powell does work.

I do Bertans/Bullock/Powell.  That is enough incentive.  Mavs take on 4.9M salary in Year 1 to make that happen, and still have some bullets in the gun to swing another trade with THJ/Green as pieces - preferably for someone's out-of-favor playmaker.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:48 PM)Smitty Wrote: Luka - Dinwiddie
THJ - Frank - Hardy
DFS - Thybulle
Harris - Maxi
Wood-McGee

I don't think there is nearly enough defense in that lineup. Further again there's no ball movement/2nd creator.

I despise that deal. Bullock was a fantastic defender and shooter, and was good for 35 mins in the playoffs. 

The bench will be Dinwiddie/Frank/Thybulle/Maxi. Who the hell is going to score there? Are we expecting Dinwiddie to become a 30ppg guy?

This deal only makes sense if we can somehow snag Jordan Clarkson.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:54 PM)cow Wrote: Getting off of Bertans would would be a boon but we don't win trades.  Set expectations lower.

You would need to get off Bertans.  To hear how this front office is discplined and has set price ranges for their slots, it would make no sense to take on a huge contract again and giving up a guy on a good contract.   You would need to get stuff from Philly.   I just don't like trading with Morey, Toronto, Miami, San Antonio, or Ainge.   Especially when we are a little desperate...it appears.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: You would need to get off Bertans.  To hear how this front office is discplined and has set price ranges for their slots, it would make no sense to take on a huge contract again and giving up a guy on a good contract.   You would need to get stuff from Philly.   I just don't like trading with Morey, Toronto, Miami, San Antonio, or Ainge.   Especially when we are a little desperate...it appears.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: replace Powell for Green.   I would still probably not be crazy about the trade, but I would hate to see Green as a low cost throw in.

I think you have to make that swap to make the money work.  Either that, or Brunson is part of the outgoing.

Or, some guys are just having fun with people like us.

Edit:  If it is Bertans, Powell and Bullock for Harris/Thybulle, Philly can add another player like Paul Reed or Jaden Springer (or both) and the money still works.  A 4 for 3 with one of the four being a PG (Springer) helps the Dragic thing make more sense.

There is a logical holdup to this deal not already happening.  As I mentioned the other day, Harden hasn’t agreed to a number yet and Philly used an MLE they don’t currently have.
Like Reply
Of course the most palatable trade scenario is Bertans-Powell-Green but Bullock’s social media assumes he’s part of the deal. It takes something to get something.

If we assume it would take at least a FRP to get off Bertans deal and Bullock is arguably as equal in value to Thybulle (maybe Thybulle is more so for Mavs?) then swapping Bertans+Green for a more usable Harris and Bullock for a “more” valuable Thybulle is what makes sense from the Mavs perspective.
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 05:34 PM)Smitty Wrote: Or Bertans/Bullock/Green works also

Don't see how you got there. Mavs are taking in 41.9. 

Bertans/Bullock/Green= 29 mil. They need to cut another ~4 mil to get there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(07-04-2022, 06:05 PM)Smitty Wrote: Of course the most palatable trade scenario is Bertans-Powell-Green but Bullock’s social media assumes he’s part of the deal. It takes something to get something.

If we assume it would take at least a FRP to get off Bertans deal and Bullock is arguably as equal in value to Thybulle (maybe Thybulle is more so for Mavs?) then swapping Bertans+Green for a more usable Harris and Bullock for a “more” valuable Thybulle is what makes sense from the Mavs perspective.

Thy is not more valuable than Bullock.  I can't believe that.  The whole reason philly is trading him is because he is a zero on their offense - a similar offense to the one we want to run.  I don't trade Bull for Thy straight up.  Can Thy start next to Luka like Bull can?  I don't think so.
Like Reply