Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Wins Community Cares Award! | DLive's Mom Passes Away
(08-16-2022, 10:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...2433699842

I might see where he’s coming from if the team wasn’t down its second best player with nothing to show for it. Last year’s team was really good, and if they were adding THJ and Wood to it, I think this type of thinking would hold water.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, omahen
Like Reply
(08-16-2022, 05:57 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1559637761430265856?s=20&t=bFEGlOSog2G1jNSXpjgz5g

Haven't seen any discussion about this. I've read he's a very good shooter.

Don't know him either.   Looks to be a good shooter on high # of 3 point attempts.   I am guessing the rest of his game is lacking for an NBA role, but I am unsure.

(08-16-2022, 05:57 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1559637761430265856?s=20&t=bFEGlOSog2G1jNSXpjgz5g

Haven't seen any discussion about this. I've read he's a very good shooter.

Don't know him either.   Looks to be a good shooter on high # of 3 point attempts.   I am guessing the rest of his game is lacking for an NBA role, but I am unsure.
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 12:41 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I might see where he’s coming from if the team wasn’t down its second best player with nothing to show for it. Last year’s team was really good, and if they were adding THJ and Wood to it, I think this type of thinking would hold water.

I didn't listen to the interview but did they talk about his costplusdrugs initiative?   He appears to be really visible with this now.  I could see why he would want to get a lot of visibility with this.

If it was just a full basketball interview then I would have no interest listening to it.  He just gives me tired head and it does come off that he is always trying to be the smartest person in the room.  

BTW, Cuban was on Duncan Robinson's Longshot Podcast recently.   I have not listened to it yet.  A few weeks ago I saw a rumor (not a report) of a Bertans for Robinson swap.    Just found it interesting Cuban was on his show a few weeks ago.  Maybe Cuban is searching for a new Podcast player?  Smile
Like Reply
Versatility, baby!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3440...ing-future
Like Reply
(08-16-2022, 10:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...2433699842

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with Cuban publicly saying that Dallas doesn't need a second star.  I feel like that's the "proper" thing to say when you have a generational talent like Luka.

I do have a problem if this is actually how the Mavs FO thinks because I think the Mavs need another high end player to truly compete for a championship.

So yes, I'm advocating for the Mavs FO to think and say things that are complete opposites  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 10:16 AM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with Cuban publicly saying that Dallas doesn't need a second star.  I feel like that's the "proper" thing to say when you have a generational talent like Luka.

I do have a problem if this is actually how the Mavs FO thinks because I think the Mavs need another high end player to truly compete for a championship.

So yes, I'm advocating for the Mavs FO to think and say things that are complete opposites  Smile

That is true.  Public comments by teams can be totally different from their private comments.  That is important to remember.

Although, I don't know if this is true for Cuban.  For a guy who wants to be the smartest guy in the room he typically wants to show you how smart he is.  

I won't read into his comments too much, but if he is still heavily involved in player evaluation that is not a great sign imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 10:49 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: That is true.  Public comments by teams can be totally different from their private comments.  That is important to remember.

Although, I don't know if this is true for Cuban.  For a guy who wants to be the smartest guy in the room he typically wants to show you how smart he is.  

I won't read into his comments too much, but if he is still heavily involved in player evaluation that is not a great sign imo.

All valid points for sure!
Like Reply
I fail to see the upside in announcing the Mavs have no need for a "second star or whatever," just "more experience in crunch time in the playoffs."
I'm not sure that's reassuring to Luka's likely desire to upgrade and eventual decision on a longterm commitment to stay in Dallas.
Whether or not Mark's IQ soars to the top of any room, I just wish he could choose his words more carefully.
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 08:02 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I didn't listen to the interview but did they talk about his costplusdrugs initiative?   He appears to be really visible with this now.  I could see why he would want to get a lot of visibility with this.

If it was just a full basketball interview then I would have no interest listening to it.  He just gives me tired head and it does come off that he is always trying to be the smartest person in the room.  

BTW, Cuban was on Duncan Robinson's Longshot Podcast recently.   I have not listened to it yet.  A few weeks ago I saw a rumor (not a report) of a Bertans for Robinson swap.    Just found it interesting Cuban was on his show a few weeks ago.  Maybe Cuban is searching for a new Podcast player?  Smile
If you want to hear about costplusdrugs, there was a ton of talk about it on Robinson’s podcast. Haven’t listened to the recent one yet.
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 01:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If you want to hear about costplusdrugs, there was a ton of talk about it on Robinson’s podcast. Haven’t listened to the recent one yet.

Thanks.  I personally don't care too much about it, but it sounds like something he should be proud of and excited to talk about it.  I also think it is cool.   Just not that interested in listening to it on a podcast.  But I was wondering if that is why he is doing these shows in the first place.
Like Reply
Dang, 3 of first 4 on the road against good teams.  Oh well, gotta play them at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 04:04 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Dang, 3 of first 4 on the road against good teams.  Oh well, gotta play them at some point.

Seems like the Mavs always start slow anyways. Better to lose to PHX or Memphis than getting stomped by the Pacers.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
[Image: FaZLBk_X0AAGZK-?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1560017413948817412
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/15...0486817792
Like Reply
Here’s to hoping Green shows up against Memphis (and tge redt of yhe league of course). He needs to shut Bane up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 05:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Here’s to hoping Green shows up against Memphis (and tge redt of yhe league of course). He needs to shut Bane up!

Josh “pass up wide open 3 then dribble in a circle” Green isn’t in Desmond “almost identical stats to second year Klay” Bane’s league.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 05:59 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Josh “pass up wide open 3 then dribble in a circle” Green isn’t in Desmond “almost identical stats to second year Klay” Bane’s league.
I’m not saying be better than him, I’m saying show some sign of life that gives hope for better and then maybe Bane could move on from targeting him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(08-17-2022, 08:02 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I didn't listen to the interview but did they talk about his costplusdrugs initiative?   He appears to be really visible with this now.  I could see why he would want to get a lot of visibility with this.

Yes they did shortly. Here's the part, starts with the question "what role should billionaires should play in making the world better" https://youtu.be/VkVZVsNMnqU?t=3476

Other than that, lots of current and old stories about basketball, drinking, some family stories, nice mix. Even though i just don't like Cuban, it was kind of interesting to listen to.
Like Reply
Josh Green is two and a half years younger and played one year of college ball vs. Bane’s four at TCU. Green could still very well wind up being a better all around player than Bane, though it’s unlikely he’ll ever be as good from 3.
Like Reply