Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
The improvement of Porzingis came BECAUSE of his trade from the Mavs

https://archive.is/zFzwO
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:57 AM)MFFL Wrote: The improvement of Porzingis came BECAUSE of his trade from the Mavs

Great article
Like Reply
Very well done. But my money says the majority of his improvement has come from friendlier whistles.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2024/04...-rape.html

What is up with these knuckleheads? Rape?

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1...7660476438

Jontay Porter could be banned from the NBA.
Like Reply
Wojnarowski] ESPN Sources: Timberwolves minority partners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez submitted financial projections forecasting a sizable retreat in roster payroll that majority owner Glen Taylor believed would jeopardize franchise’s ability to compete for a title

Let’s start copy posting the tweets since the auto link feature doesn’t work.
Like Reply
The LA Clippers will be without significant firepower for Wednesday's rematch against the visiting Phoenix Suns.

The Clippers ruled out forwards Paul George (left knee soreness) and Kawhi Leonard (right knee inflammation) and guard James Harden (right foot inflammation). In addition, guard Russell Westbrook (left hand contusion) and center Ivica Zubac (left ankle inflammation) are listed as questionable.

I can't wait to see this lineup
Like Reply
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nba/ar...ilure.html

Former NBA player Nate Robinson needs a kidney. Hope he finds a match.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 03:38 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Wojnarowski] ESPN Sources: Timberwolves minority partners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez submitted financial projections forecasting a sizable retreat in roster payroll that majority owner Glen Taylor believed would jeopardize franchise’s ability to compete for a title

Let’s start copy posting the tweets since the auto link feature doesn’t work.

To me, that sounds like an excuse to back out of the deal after the projected value of the franchise increased. But who knows. It certainly is a good talking point to make them look bad.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:39 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @ShamsCharania
Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo has avoided damage to his left Achilles tendon – a best-case outcome – and his return to play is based on treatment and rehab response for strained calf, league sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

If the Bucks and Pacers finish 3rd and 6th, that's going to be fun. I wouldn't put it past the Pacers to knock the Bucks out.
Like Reply
(04-09-2024, 09:28 PM)loki Wrote: Clippers up 26-4 on Phoenix. Only Drew Eubanks has scored for the Suns. Do they think this is Game 7 or something?

Luka‘s son definitely played like it was a Game 7 by going 1 for 11.
Like Reply
@wojespn BREAKING: After arriving in a blockbuster offseason trade, Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday has agreed on a four-year, $135 million contract extension, his agent Jason Glushon of @GlushonSM tells ESPN.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:57 AM)MFFL Wrote: The improvement of Porzingis came BECAUSE of his trade from the Mavs

Link isn’t working for me unfortunately.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 06:17 PM)Smitty Wrote: @wojespn  BREAKING: After arriving in a blockbuster offseason trade, Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday has agreed on a four-year, $135 million contract extension, his agent Jason Glushon of @GlushonSM tells ESPN.

That's risky but I guess the Celtics are all in in the next 2-3 seasons. Cannot afford to lose any of their key guys now that they finally have (on paper) the best team in the league.
Like Reply
Sons low-key cooked? Middle of the third quarter against the Clipps with none of the latter's stars playing, and can't establish any separation. They might get bounced in the play-in. Imagine being a fan of that team - no present and no future.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 10:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Sons low-key cooked? Middle of the third quarter against the Clipps with none of the latter's stars playing, and can't establish any separation. They might get bounced in the play-in. Imagine being a fan of that team - no present and no future.

They were doing great until that awful trade for Bradley Beal. He is the most overrated player of the last 10 years, and was not worth spending their last bit of capital.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin, michaeltex
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 11:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They were doing great until that awful trade for Bradley Beal. He is the most overrated player of the last 10 years, and was not worth spending their last bit of capital.

I think the panic trade for Kevin Durant started their downfall, although to be fair, Luka and the Mavs took their soul in Game 7 so they probably felt they had to overhaul that team.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 11:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They were doing great until that awful trade for Bradley Beal. He is the most overrated player of the last 10 years, and was not worth spending their last bit of capital.

I assume Beal simply didn´t have the healthiest of lifestyles hanging around with Otto Pimp Junior and John "G" Wall all the time. They were a throw back to the 80s with how they lived the life. But it´s Washington and nobody gave a f***. So not overrated, but probably washed. I will restrain myself from all other shi*ttalk, not to jinx the Mavs for the play-offs. Big Grin
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 11:25 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I think the panic trade for Kevin Durant started their downfall, although to be fair, Luka and the Mavs took their soul in Game 7 so they probably felt they had to overhaul that team.

The art is too be patient, but not too patient. Suns are an example of impatience. Thunder/Presti might be an example of being too gunshy. Next big star that becomes available, they should throw in all their chips. Mavs seem to have nailed their move. Though to be fair that was really the last bullet and if they had missed. Yikes. Game over.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 03:59 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The art is too be patient, but not too patient. Suns are an example of impatience. Thunder/Presti might be an example of being too gunshy. Next big star that becomes available, they should throw in all their chips. Mavs seem to have nailed their move. Though to be fair that was really the last bullet and if they had missed. Yikes. Game over.

You aren't lying about that.  Think of what would have happened if that TDL roll of the dice, would have come up snake eyes?  Looks like giving up that 1st is working out so far, but the ultimate judge will be how they do in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/...5034866930

Ant on guarding the Joker.
Like Reply