Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
Pels were already down 12 after Q1, but turned it around and are up 6 now.
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:40 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I love him.  Wish we could have grabbed him in FA.

Was going to argue, but can't.  Ya, Billups isn't HOF.

2004 Finals MVP
5x All-star
3x All-league
2x All-defense

With solid longevity, a good college career and a gold medal in the 2010 world cup he has a better case than a long list of players that are already in the HOF. In hindsight inducting role players from dominant Celtics/Lakers teams of the 60s and 80s wasn't smart because many players have better cases. When the benchmark for the hall of fame is someone like Michael Cooper (the Tony Allen of the 80s) Chauncey has a solid case.
Like Reply
(04-06-2024, 04:37 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Has there ever been a time when a conference’s 2 and 3 seed are limping this bad to the finish of the season as what is happening in the East this year?

Well Cleveland is no longer #3 after losing a 26 point lead to the Clippers.  The Bucks continue to lose too....losing to the Knicks last night.  What a really depresssing for both fanbases (I feel ya....last year brings back bad memories).  Cleveland has a younger nucleus and thought they filled the gaps with shooting this offseason.   Now they have all sorts of questions...probably the Mitchell rumors being the biggest of them.    Milwaukee has a top 5 player in his prime, but the rest of the roster looks shaky.  There all in trades have not worked yet, and they don't have many avenues to improve after all the assets they have given up.   Doc knew this two years ago though.

The Western conference 1 seed will be a fight to the finish.   The Nuggets appear to have the easier schedule.   Both the Nuggets and Wolves play each other this Wed.   The game is in Denver.   Minnsota also needs to play the Suns at the last game of the year.   We will see if this game matters to anyone.  There other two games should be wins.  Besides the Wolves game, Denver should be able to win the rest of their games.    So, that game on Wed, will probably determine the #1 seed.
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:40 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I love him.  Wish we could have grabbed him in FA.

Was going to argue, but can't.  Ya, Billups isn't HOF.

Billups deserves it. Especially when you consider how his career started.
He was a clutch player as well. Detroit was a Rasheed Wallace blown assignment from winning back to back titles
Like Reply
(04-06-2024, 04:37 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Has there ever been a time when a conference’s 2 and 3 seed are limping this bad to the finish of the season as what is happening in the East this year?

Mavs would be 2 seed in the East
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:36 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Remember this is NOT an NBA Hall of Fame, but rather a Basketball Hall of Fame. This means players who were HoF worthy in College/FIBA also make the lists.

Sometimes, players get credit for an amalgamation of different league performances, though it is pretty rare.

Hollinger seems to agree with me

https://archive.is/ohxCX
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 12:55 PM)MFFL Wrote: Weakest class EVER for the Hall of Fame. Sometimes I wish the NBA did it like the MLB and would choose to NOT select anyone rather than a class like this. Only Vince Carter deserves it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3988...fame-class

I always liked Bill Simmons idea for a floor level.  The better the player the higher or lower the floor (I can't remember which).  Sort of helps separate levels of greatness.  It would also create some drama when it is announced what floor the HOFer is being placed on.
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 07:48 AM)MFFL Wrote: Hollinger seems to agree with me

https://archive.is/ohxCX

Problem is that you cannot undo the induction of players that are already in the hall of fame. Same for the NBA 75 best players or similar selections. When they were inducted they were among the best players to ever play the game but 30 years later a player that used to be among the best 75 to ever play the game might not be among the best 100.
But Hollinger is right. The obsession with Lakers and Celtics role players is getting out of hand and isn't limited to past eras. Still the same in todays NBA.
Like Reply
https://jsutthoops.substack.com/p/meet-t...st-drivers

The NBA's best and worst drivers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/status/1...6283171896

Brunson is approaching all-time numbers with the Knicks, after his 43 pts in a win over the Bucks.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status...5664375114

Sixers are the 1st team in NBA history to have two players with 3 50 pt games in the same season.
Like Reply
@DannyEmerman
Losing to Dallas “shifted things” for the Warriors, Steve Kerr said. Still an outside shot at climbing the ladder, but seems like Warriors will be more open to getting guys rest in the last 5 games. They’ll know more every day and adjust on the fly.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Man, I would love to see the East end with same play-off matches as it currently is.
Boston vs Miami (repeat of ECF last year)
Bucks vs Sixers (Doc vs previous team, Embiid vs Giannis)
Orlando vs Indiana (two young exciting teams, with 2 former Mavs at the bench)
Knicks vs Cavs.

Each and everyone will have a decent chance of upset.
[-] The following 2 users Like khaled1987's post:
  • Jmaciscool, The Jom
Like Reply
I kind of want Knicks vs. Orlando just for the throwback 90s vibes.

Boston vs. Miami and Bucks vs. Sixers are absolute musts though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I did not realize until five minutes ago that Orlando is currently a three seed and just one game behind Milwaukee.

WTF
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 02:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @DannyEmerman
Losing to Dallas “shifted things” for the Warriors, Steve Kerr said. Still an outside shot at climbing the ladder, but seems like Warriors will be more open to getting guys rest in the last 5 games. They’ll know more every day and adjust on the fly.

We mini-broke them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 03:29 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I did not realize until five minutes ago that Orlando is currently a three seed and just one game behind Milwaukee.

WTF

The fact that the Mavs would currently be the 2nd seed if they were in the LEastern Conference has me in a rage.

Half of those teams don't deserve to be in the playoffs compared to some of the teams in the West that will be left out. 

[Image: GKmPi2lXEAEK7_Y?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 03:29 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I did not realize until five minutes ago that Orlando is currently a three seed and just one game behind Milwaukee.

WTF

They are sic, defesively. Stifling.
Like Reply
I’m so in love with this animated graph!!! (Watch for Dallas to come out of the blue.)

https://x.com/hoopshype/status/1777397855151354223
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(04-08-2024, 12:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://jsutthoops.substack.com/p/meet-t...st-drivers

The NBA's best and worst drivers.

That’s good data. Unfair to Christian Braun though. He got mugged on that video that was supposed to make the point.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply