Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
(02-16-2024, 10:45 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: WTF was Stewart arrested for?

I guess the lesson here kids: If you want to punch, stomp or choke somebody, do it during practice or a game, but not on the way from practice to the game. Then it becomes a crimimal act.

Truly astonishing.

:SMH:

i.e., I'm shaking my head at your post. Not at what you think is so "truly astonishing".
Like Reply
Punching in the back of the head sounds a bit like shooting in the back. Cowardly is the first word that comes to mind. Criminal wouldn’t be second or third, but it would be top ten.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nba2kcmty/status/175...9720764727

A young Steph and Seth Curry watching their Dad, Dell in the 3pt contest
[-] The following 3 users Like HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BrandonRahbar/status...7444089292

Antman says this player is very underrated.

https://twitter.com/JackBenjaminPxP/stat...5787438568
Like Reply
https://theathletic.com/5281754/2024/02/...ransplant/

Former NBA center Scot Pollard found his donor.
Like Reply
All-Star Game National Anthem one of the best National Anthems Ive ever heard.

Kudos Babyface
Like Reply
People say the ASG is not competitive, but if that was true inferiority complex conference wouldn´t win every year. Big Grin
Like Reply
I didn't watch the all star game but it looked pretty disappointing. I am not sure how it is fixed with all the $ the players make. Very little benefit to go out there and play hard and risk an injury.

But there is a difference than playing open gym basketball vs playing at 1/4 your regular speed and showing no motivation. Luka is the worst of this. To play like that when you are one of the faces of the league is disappointing. Almost wish he would decline an all star game with some fake injury.

Again, I would prefer him not get injured in games like this, but it is a really bad look in my opinion on how him and Jokic plays these games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-19-2024, 11:38 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I didn't watch the all star game but it looked pretty disappointing.  I am not sure how it is fixed with all the $ the players make.  Very little benefit to go out there and play hard and risk an injury.

But there is a difference than playing open gym basketball vs playing at 1/4 your regular speed and showing no motivation.  Luka is the worst of this.  To play like that when you are one of the faces of the league is disappointing.  Almost wish he would decline an all star game with some fake injury. 

Again, I would prefer him not get injured in games like this, but it is a really bad look in my opinion on how him and Jokic plays these games.

Do what NFL is doing with Pro-Bowl...

Have the players compete in games/sports with no risk of injury.   This will also allow the fans to get a better idea of the players personality.   No one really knows the players personality when you basically only see them on a court from afar.   Example...NFL had the Par 3 closest to the hole golf challenge.   Cameras could be right up in the players face before and after the swing.  

The All-Star Game is done unless they put significant money on the line for players to win...not charities.  Do something else.
[-] The following 3 users Like youzigizag's post:
  • ballsrchr, Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply
@ShamsCharania
Sources: The Brooklyn Nets have fired head coach Jacque Vaughn.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-19-2024, 04:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @ShamsCharania
Sources: The Brooklyn Nets have fired head coach Jacque Vaughn.
I did not see that coming, mainly cause I had no idea who the Nets head coch was.
Like Reply
Fascinating to see the hits and misses in this draft. It's easy to excoriate front offices, but it really does seem like a crapshoot most of the time.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/19/nba-mock-draft-2018
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/p...658224007/

Not many players want to play for Detroit, but Tyrese Haliburton did.
Like Reply
(02-19-2024, 04:41 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Fascinating to see the hits and misses in this draft.  It's easy to excoriate front offices, but it really does seem like a crapshoot most of the time. 

Trying to fill the lack of NBA and decided to go through some redrafting vids this weekend, so it's pretty crazy to me your timing! 

My biggest take away of the last 15 years was just how loaded the 2018 draft was. I counted for each draft and on average there were 10-15 at most good players. And by good I mean role players that could play 20-25 mins per game or more on winning teams. 

The 2018 draft had SIX all-NBA caliber players. By far the most since 2010. The quality of these players aren't even matched in other drafts either. Luka, Trae, SGA, Jaren Jackson Jr., Mikal Bridges, Jalen Brunson. And that's before getting to the sheer depth of role players too. Miles Bridges, MPJ, Wendell Carter Jr, Colin Sexton, Donte Divencenzo, Kevin Heurter, Anfernee Simons, Grayson Allen, Robert Williams, Mitchell Robinson, Gary Trent Jr., Bruce Brown, Jarred Vanderbilt, Mortiz Wagner, and even Deandre Ayton counts. 

Almost half of the draft contained a good role player or better. Insane.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump
Like Reply
(02-19-2024, 04:41 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Fascinating to see the hits and misses in this draft.  It's easy to excoriate front offices, but it really does seem like a crapshoot most of the time. 

Just following up on this article...

This guy's accuracy is flipping insane. If he is not outright correct on the pick, he's maybe 1 or 2 spots off. He had the Kings taking Keegan Murray in 2022, which by all accounts was an out of nowhere pick. 

This guy definitely seems like he has some sources.
Like Reply
Minnesota extended Conley, which means they are just a hair under second apron with just 10 players under contract for next season. It will be interesting to watch their actions, especially if their playoffs don't go stellar. Towns and his monstrous deal might get on the block.
Like Reply
(02-20-2024, 03:47 AM)omahen Wrote: Minnesota extended Conley, which means they are just a hair under second apron with just 10 players under contract for next season. It will be interesting to watch their actions, especially if their playoffs don't go stellar. Towns and his monstrous deal might get on the block.

I dont look at advanced stats and havent watched many Minnesota games this year...

But I watched a game like 2 weeks ago and the commentator suggested Townes has been playing really good defense this year.

Is this true?
Like Reply
(02-20-2024, 03:47 AM)omahen Wrote: Minnesota extended Conley, which means they are just a hair under second apron with just 10 players under contract for next season. It will be interesting to watch their actions, especially if their playoffs don't go stellar. Towns and his monstrous deal might get on the block.

They have done a real nice job.   We will see in the playoffs if Towns and Gobert can play to their talent level and if Edwards can be a best player in a series.  

Nice job building that roster though.  Morris, if healthy, should be able to provide some good backup minutes.   An injured Conley was a real potential problem for them.  I think McDaniels is also something to watch.   He is good and certainly part of their future.   In some of the games I have seen him though, he has not been great.   Is he able to hit down open shots in the playoffs?

I assume they don't bring back Kyle Anderson next year but they have three former second rounders who may be ready for those minutes next year.
Like Reply
It will be interesting to see which teams are forced to make moves to cut salaries. Many are predicting more trades this summer and that’s part of it. 

How deep into the tax will these all in teams go? 
Wolves
Suns
Clippers
Nuggets

Warriors are openly trying to duck the tax entirely 

Pelicans have never paid the tax before 

Thunder, Grizzlies, Pelicans all have tremendous draft capital if they wanted to make a big move

I think people will forget that the Grizzlies will be right there in the mix next year. The only clear tanking teams in the west are Blazers and Spurs. Rockets and Jazz looking to compete, but not big buyers. 

Lakers another big wildcard. Will they use the 3 picks? Or will Lebron leave and they blow it up and trade AD as well? 

Going to be fun to see how it all shakes out. Mavs suddenly in a better position than most of the conference
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3956...id-dies-68

Reid was a good rotation player on that early 80's Rockets team that went to the Finals. RIP.
Like Reply