Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
@ShamsCharania
Zach LaVine is expected to have surgery during the upcoming week and miss a total of 4-to-6 months.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Brian Sutterer MD (@BrianSuttererMD)
I swear this team can’t report anything straightforward regarding injuries.

Repair = try to stitch the tear back together

4-6 month recovery.

Sometimes they get in surgery and repair can’t be done, so they just trim out the damaged area

But assume this means Embiid’s season is over
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Putting this in the NBA thread as it doesn't have to have a Mav's angle (but it might).

Karlos Matkovic's European team announced he's leaving for the NBA.  No details yet.  He's a late second round center.  He's more mobile than his draft position might indicate.  NO has his rights and has an open roster slot and enough space under the tax to sign him.  So, maybe end of story.

But, NO has been in some trade rumors with Vuc.  Also, Dallas's center is hurt right now and we have some MLE money left.  If NO traded us his rights (maybe for a second), we could use that to sign him if it took more than 2nd round money to get him from Europe.
Like Reply
(02-05-2024, 09:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Putting this in the NBA thread as it doesn't have to have a Mav's angle (but it might).

Karlos Matkovic's European team announced he's leaving for the NBA.  No details yet.  He's a late second round center.  He's more mobile than his draft position might indicate.  NO has his rights and has an open roster slot and enough space under the tax to sign him.  So, maybe end of story.

But, NO has been in some trade rumors with Vuc.  Also, Dallas's center is hurt right now and we have some MLE money left.  If NO traded us his rights (maybe for a second), we could use that to sign him if it took more than 2nd round money to get him from Europe.

He was playing for Slovenian team Olimpija, so I noticed the news in our media. He is going to NO g-league team, no guarantee of a contract with NO. At least this was my understanding from a little confused Slovenian reporting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
We've been talking about this for some time. It isn't just about an owner being willing to pay luxury tax.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3943...ncial-risk
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Giannis WALKS OFF EARLY and ignores Doc's sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI9HwNTc2jI
Like Reply
Milwaukee 1-4 in Rivers era, if my counting is correct
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 01:33 AM)omahen Wrote: Milwaukee 1-4 in Rivers era, if my counting is correct

Not a good look. Dame and B Lopez were out.  Plus Middleton sprained his ankle after almost rounding back in shape from knee surgery. Doc isn't going to right the ship. The Bucks are who they are.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3948...transplant
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 08:31 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3948...transplant

That's really sad to hear.  He and I are the exact same age.  All I remember about his playing days was him being on the Kings and having painted  fingernails, which I thought was so strange.
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
4m
The Detroit Pistons are releasing 2021 No. 7 pick Killian Hayes, sources tell me and
@JLEdwardsIII
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:50 PM)MFFL Wrote: Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
4m
The Detroit Pistons are releasing 2021 No. 7 pick Killian Hayes, sources tell me and
@JLEdwardsIII

Wow, that is a surprise. No one was even willing to offer a SRP for him?
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 01:53 PM)omahen Wrote: Wow, that is a surprise. No one was even willing to offer a SRP for him?

Can’t shoot. Frankie Smokes starter kit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Not sure if Hayes is a lost cause. Feels like Pistons youngsters peak in their rookie season and get worse the longer they stay in Detroit. Hayes used to be a good FT and midrange shooter. Hard to believe that there is no potential to turn him into an average 3-point shooter.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not sure if Hayes is a lost cause. Feels like Pistons youngsters peak in their rookie season and get worse the longer they stay in Detroit. Hayes used to be a good FT and midrange shooter. Hard to believe that there is no potential to turn him into an average 3-point shooter.

Maybe it’s mental.
Like Reply
Mavs were rumored to have interest in Hayes a while ago. 

Don’t we have an open roster spot now? Maybe they’ll pick him up.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe it’s mental.

Maybe Detroit is an even worse location than Utah or Milwaukee. Or maybe their coaching staff just sucks. Or maybe the just make the worst possible lottery picks each year.
Something isn't right with that team.
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe Detroit is an even worse location than Utah or Milwaukee.

[Image: R.4b20891601b560e2d62643cb35dc95c3?rik=b...ImgRaw&r=0]
Like Reply
(02-08-2024, 02:08 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Mavs were rumored to have interest in Hayes a while ago. 

Don’t we have an open roster spot now? Maybe they’ll pick him up.

I'd rather have House (who was also released)
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
3m
The Milwaukee Bucks are trading Robin Lopez to the Sacramento Kings, sources tell ESPN. Lopez is expected to be waived and become a free agent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply