Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: MIN Sweeps PHX!
(06-16-2023, 03:32 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...3208200193

This got me thinking, if you could pick one mav to come back after a growth spurt of 2-3 inches, who are you picking?
Green, no question.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 03:32 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...3208200193

This got me thinking, if you could pick one mav to come back after a growth spurt of 2-3 inches, who are you picking?

First choice is probably Green.

But if these guys retain their attributes and their newfound height in no way diminishes any aspect of their game, I'd probably go with Luka. He'd be a legit 7 footer doing the stuff he's doing right now. Essentially a combination of Jokic and Durant, and totally unstoppable even more than he is currently. 

Sneaky candidate would be Powell. 7'2 Powell would be an incredible defender and most probably a better rebounder.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Hardy.  Give me a 6'7" Jaden Hardy with those skills.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nowitzki Way's post:
  • Mavs2021, MFFL
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37767931/where-does-ja-morant-land-list-longest-suspensions-nba-history

Not sure I agree with those that say the suspension was too light. I think it's fine. Look at the list of the longest suspensions in history. If they suspended him for 41 games that would be more than what Javaris Crittenton got for bringing a gun into the locker room, more than Stephen Jackson when he fought a bunch of fans, Miles Bridges who assaulted his girlfriend, etc. I know flashing a gun on IG is a really bad PR look but it's not a crime that I'm aware of, while those other guys committed actual crimes. 25 games seems like enough. He's not eligible for any awards next season either since he won't be able to play 65 games. He's an idiot but not actually hurting people.
[-] The following 3 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 08:04 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37767931/where-does-ja-morant-land-list-longest-suspensions-nba-history

Not sure I agree with those that say the suspension was too light. I think it's fine. Look at the list of the longest suspensions in history. If they suspended him for 41 games that would be more than what Javaris Crittenton got for bringing a gun into the locker room, more than Stephen Jackson when he fought a bunch of fans, Miles Bridges who assaulted his girlfriend, etc. I know flashing a gun on IG is a really bad PR look but it's not a crime that I'm aware of, while those other guys committed actual crimes. 25 games seems like enough. He's not eligible for any awards next season either since he won't be able to play 65 games. He's an idiot but not actually hurting people.

At face value, I agree.  But Silver has shown himself before to be a VERY soft commish.  What he's now shown, regardless of who or what happened, is that someone can lie to his face, do the same behavior and get off with only a slightly worse punishment.  Stern would've buried Ja under Fed Ex Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • AgGiE1991, BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Remember when Gilbert Arenas brought a gun into the Wizards locker room for a beef with Javaris Crittenton ( who's in jail now for killing a mother of 4) ? Did Stern suspend him for the rest of the season? I can't remember.
Like Reply
So funny to read Hawks board. Much noise about KP to Atlanta. They (fans) see him as a perfect partner for Trae.

Well, Trae and Luka are very similar players offensively. And most of us also thought how they are a perfect pair offensively. Reality was a bit different Smile
Like Reply
(06-17-2023, 02:51 PM)omahen Wrote: So funny to read Hawks board. Much noise about KP to Atlanta. They (fans) see him as a perfect partner for Trae.

Well, Trae and Luka are very similar players offensively. And most of us also thought how they are a perfect pair offensively. Reality was a bit different Smile

Its actually wild to see the Mav fans pine for Hawk players and Hawks lust for former Mavs. Slowly but surely they will merge and form the Maverhawks  

Luka+Collins+Capela vs. Trae+KP would definitely make their matchups very interesting lol.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Besides the Beal to Phoenix or Miami and OG to Indy rumors, the third big rumor currently is KP to Portland with Washington trading up from 8 to 3. Portland could only do this with Simons+Nurkic salaries going to Washington. Unless we are speaking about some complicated SnT after the draft or some complicated three or more team deal with those guys going somewhere else and some more assets going to Portland. Washington would for sure laugh at Mavs for forever, if they turned KP into Simons, Nurkic and trade up to #3.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5200971777
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 05:49 AM)omahen Wrote: Besides the Beal to Phoenix or Miami and OG to Indy rumors, the third big rumor currently is KP to Portland with Washington trading up from 8 to 3. Portland could only do this with Simons+Nurkic salaries going to Washington. Unless we are speaking about some complicated SnT after the draft or some complicated three or more team deal with those guys going somewhere else and some more assets going to Portland. Washington would for sure laugh at Mavs for forever, if they turned KP into Simons, Nurkic and trade up to #3.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5200971777

Ultimately,  the KP trade (first one) might end up the worst move in Mavs history. Will depend on how Luka future within next few years. 
We accelerated the building process and from there it was just retooling.

That said, 90% of draft trade rumours are just bs. Teams don't do much
Like Reply
(06-16-2023, 08:04 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37767931/where-does-ja-morant-land-list-longest-suspensions-nba-history

Yet!
Like Reply

Good find. I was looking for the length of time for famous suspensions.
Like Reply
Blast from the past. 27 year old Bruno Caboclo led his team to their first national championship in Germany. They were the 7th seed beating the #1, #2 and #3 seed. He has been averaging 15/6 with two blocks. Maybe worth another look in the NBA at the minimum before you go the same old same old direction in free agency. Drafted by Raptors, washed out of the league, bounces around until he arrives in Germany, wins the championship. I swear that happened before. Ah the new PJ Tucker?   Big Grin

Damn Tucker was 27 as well, when he returned to the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1670529465691127811
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 03:32 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1670529465691127811

I don't understand this from Washington's side. Seems like penny's on the dollar.
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 03:35 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't understand this from Washington's side. Seems like penny's on the dollar.

Beal has a no trade clause and he basically chooses where he wants to go. 

Phoenix just made the ultimate all-in. The only thing left they can do is trade Ayton. They have now even less picks than Mavs
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 03:35 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't understand this from Washington's side. Seems like penny's on the dollar.

Not even a single first round pick for their franchise player Beal? Absolute joke, what are the Wizards doing…
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 03:37 PM)omahen Wrote: Beal has a no trade clause and he basically chooses where he wants to go. 

Phoenix just made the ultimate all-in. The only thing left they can do is trade Ayton. They have now even less picks than Mavs

I think I'd rather the Mavs keep their pick after this. No way the Mavs can pass the Nuggets and Suns next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • MFFL, rocky164
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 03:37 PM)omahen Wrote: Beal has a no trade clause and he basically chooses where he wants to go. 

.....and the Mavs should audible here. They actually have a package that the Suns might find intriguing around Bullock/Kleber/McGee. If they want THJ instead of Bullock, you do it as well. Just a clean slate.

Doncic
Irving transitioning into Hardy
Green
Hendricks
Ayton

That could be something special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
This Beal deal should probably be a good sign for the Mavs? The new CBA is pretty brutal. Bertans/Bullock expirings should have really good value to take on bad long term salary. So other teams should probably be paying up to shed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply