Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Jokic Wins 3rd MVP in 4 Years
(02-28-2023, 03:01 PM)Time Machine Dirk Wrote: Without having watched the full video and while symathizing with Giannis I have to come to KD's defense and say: Giannis has Middleton and Holiday both of whom are arguably better/more useful than Booker and Paul in the playoffs. All in all he has a better team than KD, even better than the Nets because one of KD, Irving and Harden was always injured.
The point of the joke (which it was all a joke and the burns were made by the Daily Show writers, not Giannis) was KD left his teams and hand picked his new teams while Giannis stayed put and let his FO bring in the players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
I can't imagine there being a more frustrating season then the Mavs this year.  But man, there are some serious contenders to the Mavs frustration.   A lot of unhappy fan bases.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The NBA has injured Balls problems.
Like Reply
game isn't at halftime yet so maybe I will eat my words, but the Knicks have been balling.  What a turnaround from a team that looked lost last year.
Like Reply
I was hoping we would catch Philly resting Embid tomorrow after playing in Miami tonight.  Looks like Embid is out.   He must be licking his chops going up against our centers tomorrow.  I expect pain.
Like Reply
our low post D made turner look like a beast, even vanderbilt could take a full load of wet viscous turd over our head. I kinda hope embid play tho, dude would break Wit's 100pt record probably.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 08:11 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I can't imagine there being a more frustrating season then the Mavs this year.  But man, there are some serious contenders to the Mavs frustration.   A lot of unhappy fan bases.

We are the only one though that went to the conference finals, has a legit transcendent talent and took a step back by having our second best player walk away. It looked bad then. It looks worse today.  

I guess the Nets fan base might also have a gripe but that was a circus anyway that was ready to implode. We were at the cusp and have gone backwards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Brunson's line tonight, 39 pts, 15-18 from the field, 5-6 from 3 in a 142-118 win over the crosstown Nets. That's 7 straight wins. I bet Cuban is having nightmares about letting him walk. He's  going to have to pay Kyrie a whole lot more peanuts for basically the same production. The Knicks are setting themselves up for getting a star to join their nucleus either this or next year in FAgency or trade, as they have the draft capital to do it.  I have to admit this has been a nice turnaround for them.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 01:29 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: We are the only one though that went to the conference finals, has a legit transcendent talent and took a step back by having our second best player walk away. It looked bad then. It looks worse today.  

I guess the Nets fan base might also have a gripe but that was a circus anyway that was ready to implode. We were at the cusp and have gone backwards.

Let's face it. Last years trip to the conference finals was a aberration. The stars lined up just right. This move may very well blow up in their faces.
Like Reply
cuban's obsession with big names has hampered our team time and time again. he let TC walk for the sake of cap space that he thought could land us a big name such as Deron or DH, or even both, but at the end of day he would get ellis and parsons instead, while TC became DPoY the right next season in NY.
he let JB walk to allow him to become a star and franchise player in NY, while leaving his own team short handed on back court. not to mention steve nash...
and it also partially explains his preferences for vets over young players. we once had a team that included dirk/carter/brand/lamar, but those guys (except dirk) were well past their primes while playing for us.
Like Reply
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports...19380.html
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2586760192

pretty sure this is a made up Ligament and should be known as the "we need to lose games to have a better shot at Wemby".

Seriously, Williams is the exact type of player the Mavs need to find.   He is a tough, smart player with good size.   Undrafted who spent a little time with the Pelicans and then the last few with the Thunder where he found a role.   Nice cheap contract and the exact type of young, glue guys this team needs to find.  Rather than the old or big salaried guys (or both) that they tend to flock to.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MichaelJCivello/stat...2424830976

SELL THE TEAM MARK!!!!!!!
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I was hoping we would catch Philly resting Embid tomorrow after playing in Miami tonight.  Looks like Embid is out.   He must be licking his chops going up against our centers tomorrow.  I expect pain.

This is a nationally televised game on TNT. You better believe he's playing.
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 01:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Let's face it. Last years trip to the conference finals was a aberration. The stars lined up just right. This move may very well blow up in their faces.

Brunson is showing now it wasn’t an aberration. The mistake the Mavs and some fans made was thinking it was an aberration and when the WC was at full strength again we would be exposed.  I admit that though I have consistently rallied for Brunson to get the max the Mavs could pay as I felt he was absolutely worth it, I too thought it was an aberration.  I was wrong on that front. However the aberration part still didn’t cause me to not want to money whip Brunson because I didn’t want to take a step backwards 

The Mavs front office OTOH were wrong on both that front and on how they evaluated what Brunson deserved.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-02-2023, 02:10 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Brunson is showing now it wasn’t an aberration. The mistake the Mavs and some fans made was thinking it was an aberration and when the WC was at full strength again we would be exposed.  I admit that though I have consistently rallied for Brunson to get the max the Mavs could pay as I felt he was absolutely worth it, I too thought it was an aberration.  I was wrong on that front. However the aberration part still didn’t cause me to not want to money whip Brunson because I didn’t want to take a step backwards 

The Mavs front office OTOH were wrong on both that front and on how they evaluated what Brunson deserved.

I totally agree. I meant aberration as in the team, not Brunson. They weren't expected to beat Phoenix. The wrong word I guess. My point being Cuban is going to pay a lot more to keep Kyrie than Brunson who does similar things. Not saying Brunson is as good as Kyrie, but he's shown he's pretty damn good in his own right.
Like Reply
ain't just a money issue. we got kyrie at the expence of picks and two solid role players which could've been potentially used in a trade to strengthen our wing D and post D. kyrie is a better player than JB for sure, and it was a hard bargain to get a player his caliber for the price we paid, but it still can hardly justify the FO letting JB walk imho.
Like Reply
I don't think we could have money whipped JB into staying this summer.  He wanted an opportunity that would have never been afforded here.  A 3+1 contract with the final year being a player option let's him bet on himself for a massive payday when he turns 29.  That doesn't excuse all the blunders the MBT did beforehand, but it is hard to fault MBT 2.0 not getting a deal done this summer.  Nico not even getting a conversation is a bummer.
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/6gn89d

Did any one see this?

This is why I think we need to target Green. Dude is such a smart defender.

Westbrook also shot 3-12 tonight. Clips got blown out.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
GSW on a hot streak even without Curry. Clippers didn't win since getting Westbrook and thought it was smart to start him. Way to score an autogoal Smile

I think GSW, LAC and Mavs will decide for spots 5-7. LAL might get into it, although it will be difficult without LeBron
Like Reply